Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#422186 - 06/11/16 05:18 PM Re: Korg Styles For Pa4X [Re: Bernie9]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Originally Posted By: Bernie9
Thank you Rikki and John.

I have many styles on my S970. Some converted from various places, and some from Yamaha site, as well as many midi's.

Hi Bernie,
probably what I should have asked, was if there were any Xmas styles on your PSR that you were using, that didn't have a equivalent on your pa4x?

ie I used the PSR s950 & T3 "Broadway Ballad" style, for a number of songs that I like to play, but there wasn't really a similar type of style available on my pa3x, so I converted them. For the odd style, it's worth the effort. Thank goodness in most cases I can find a style on the pa3x that works , and I'm not spending all my time converting anymore. Haha

Anyway, if you still find you're missing some, let me know. Mine are all in categories in sets, duplicates removed ( hopefully) , got sick of finding it was the same factory style with a slightly different name, just because it was from a prior model keyboard. Took me weeks to sort thru them all , a couple of years back. Now I just need to work out where I left off with my converted user styles. Shouldn't have had that 12 month break. Haha

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#422191 - 06/12/16 03:07 AM Re: Korg Styles For Pa4X [Re: rikkisbears]
Bernie9 Online   content

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Hi Rikki,
You are the style expert, in my book. You know what I have better than I do.

As you know, one of the advantages of Yamaha is the plethora of styles. I would appreciate any converted styles you can send me. I am now in the process of making my PA4X the best it can be for me.

Sure glad you are off your hiatus.
Bernie

#422192 - 06/12/16 03:12 AM Re: Korg Styles For Pa4X [Re: Bernie9]
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Bernie,
there are also a big resourse to find at
Ron's site: http://createsongstyles.com/

And here's another old site:
http://www.mister-music.de/MISTER_MUSIC_2011/KORG.html

"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#422196 - 06/12/16 04:16 AM Re: Korg Styles For Pa4X [Re: Gunnar Jonny]
Bernie9 Online   content

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Many thanks GJ.

#422203 - 06/12/16 07:00 AM Re: Korg Styles For Pa4X [Re: Bernie9]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Riki,
I currently own the Tyros 4, Ketron SD7, and the Korg PA4X. In the past I have owned the PSR 3000, Tyros 3, S950, PA900, PA1X, Pa2X Pro, Rolands E50 and E80 and the MicroArranger. Without any hesitation I will tell you NONE of these arrangers have the styles for Christmas music that even comes close to the Yamaha arrangers - NONE!

I am not saying I think any of these arrangers are better than the others - only addressing the questions here about Christmas music styles.

Deane

#422206 - 06/12/16 07:48 AM Re: Korg Styles For Pa4X [Re: hammer]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: hammer
Riki,
I currently own the Tyros 4, Ketron SD7, and the Korg PA4X. In the past I have owned the PSR 3000, Tyros 3, S950, PA900, PA1X, Pa2X Pro, Rolands E50 and E80 and the MicroArranger. Without any hesitation I will tell you NONE of these arrangers have the styles for Christmas music that even comes close to the Yamaha arrangers - NONE!

I am not saying I think any of these arrangers are better than the others - only addressing the questions here about Christmas music styles.
Deane

Dean is correct on the Yamaha Xmas stuff....BUT just by adding a nice jingle bells multipad loop to any style gives the Xmas effect nicely on any other brand arranger I ever owned and that's almost all of them, be creative HO HO HO lol...

#422215 - 06/12/16 03:37 PM Re: Korg Styles For Pa4X [Re: Bernie9]
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Bernie,
I'll send you what I've got.
Basically they're factory styles from pa800, pa1x, musikant etc with the duplicates removed. Discovered you can't go by the names, the names vary , but the style is the same. I auditioned the lot. Nearly sent me batty. Haha
Just discard what categories you don't need. I have them set up as pop, rock , ballads etc similar to my pa3x. I have not tweaked these , I only tweak them iif I need one, because there's no way , they'll ever sound as good as an original pa3x or pa4x, they're just there as a backup if I can't find an onboard style to suit.

My user styles area bit of a mix. I really don't have all that many because I rarely use EMC for a conversion. i don't find it accurate enough.
I converted most of them for the pa800, from midifiles, but updated quite a few when I got my pa3x , to make use of the 4 fills and the XG mapped drums for the yammie conversions.
I've actually used Dan's V arranger program for creating midifiles for a couple of Ketron and Roland conversions. Pity it doesn't do Technics. Haha
Even though I now have a psrs950, I still convert the odd style across to my korg.
One keyboard is upstairs, my main one , the korg, is downstairs. I just enjoy playing the korg more.
Hopefully there may be something of use to you. I'll send them later today.

I

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#422216 - 06/12/16 03:58 PM Re: Korg Styles For Pa4X [Re: hammer]
rikkisbears Offline

Originally Posted By: hammer
Riki,

Deane

Hi Deane,
can't disagree with you on the styles front. Yamaha appears to have the biggest selection of commercial styles around. They support their keyboards really well. I get an email at least once a week to say they have added something new.
As for Xmas styles, yes, I have a few song specific styles in my yammie collection, but
( I'm no performer) for me having a generic Xmas style is of more use than something specific. I know that there are more generic styles in my yammie than there are in the korg ie I think I have a yammie Xmas ballad, which is something the korg doesn't have. I may get round to converting some of those too if they are rhythmically different to the korg ones.
Don't know if that's quite the right term, but, it's not worth doing if the same songs can be played using either the korg or Yamaha style, only worth doing if there isn't a korg style to suit.
Hopefully I'm making sense. Haha

As Donny mentioned, jingling bells can make a style sound xmassy too. A change of instrument within a style can sometimes help too.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online