SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#42157 - 12/01/05 04:44 AM A MAJOR DESICION HAS BEEN MADE.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi All.
I have made the decision at last with a mixture of regret and excitement. I tried the new Tyros 2 in my local music store yesterday and must admit that it is a most impressive machine. so much so that I have decided to trade my KN7000 against a New Tyros2. It arrives on Monday of next week, 9th Decenber, in plenty of time for xmas.
The offer which I was made by my local music
for the KN was derisory, they obviously didn't want to deal, but when I returned home I telphoned Edna at Whitley Bay Organs
for a trade in price and as a result of the very fair deal which she offered, I have decided to go for the Tyros 2. So the excitement is mounting in anticipation of the delivery. I must add that this is one of many dealings I have had with Whitley Bay Organs and I would reccomend them very highly.

Regards to all
Peter B
ps. I will of course still be visiting this excellent site.

#42158 - 12/01/05 05:11 AM Re: A MAJOR DESICION HAS BEEN MADE.
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Peter, that's quite a decision, and I am happy for you ...
As I approach retirement from the day job (1 more year ), and look forward to making more music for people to hopefully enjoy, I think about what instrument I will be playing a year or two from now ... I currently have a kn6000 which I absolutely LOVE, but with technics having put us in this unpleasant situation, I figure I will have to part with it at some time ... I can't say that I am looking forward to the learning curve of a new board,... and with all the 'stuff' I have on the HD ... ...
Best of luck with your new instrument, and do keep us posted ...
t.

#42159 - 12/01/05 10:18 AM Re: A MAJOR DESICION HAS BEEN MADE.
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Hiya Peter
Are you gigging between receiving your Tyros and Xmas / New Year?
Rog

#42160 - 12/01/05 11:16 AM Re: A MAJOR DESICION HAS BEEN MADE.
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Peter, I haven't played any of my Technics keyboards since the Tyros 2 got here and I am finding that I am learning the Yam OS this time because I am not trying to play to very different operating systems. I made that mistake with the PSR 9000 and it has been sitting on a rack in the corner of the studio for over a year.
I believe you will be happy with the Ty2 without the Kn7 to keep confusing you.
I will move you from the Technics to the Tyros email list.
Now you need to join us in the Yamaha Arranger Forum here in the Synthzone that we are making our own Tyros 2 forum at: http://www.synthzone.com/cgi-bin/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&number=39&SUBMIT=Go

Best regards,
Bebop

[This message has been edited by BEBOP (edited 12-01-2005).]

#42161 - 12/02/05 01:38 AM Re: A MAJOR DESICION HAS BEEN MADE.
Anonymous
Unregistered

HI All
Thanks for all the messages.
TONY.
I'm coming into to my 3rd year of retirement
and the learning curve doesn't bother me, in fact I am quite looking forward to it. The deal I got was very good, so good in fact, that all my KN software and all the extras that I've accumulated is going with the keyboard so that whoever buys it will have an exceptional keyboard.

ROGER.
I don't do many gigs these days and the ones I do are usually for our Rotary Club for Charity. I've deciced to be very choosy with what out work I do, specially over holiday periods. I did one a few weeks ago, right out of the blue when one of the village hall committees just down the road
organised a dinner/dance and ten days before the date realised they hadn't booked the band. So they asked me and i gave the fee to charity.

Beepop.
Thanks for that info and looking forward joining in. I will still be visiting here though, I can't break the habit.

Regards to All

Just forgot to mention: It will be here this evening(Friday 2nd) I didn't put the order in until Monday p,m, Thats the sort of service that you get with Whitley Bay Organs.and they are 200 miles from me.

[This message has been edited by peter.bentley@talk21.com (edited 12-02-2005).]

#42162 - 12/02/05 04:50 AM Re: A MAJOR DESICION HAS BEEN MADE.
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
Hi Peter. I am happy for you but...Why is everybody automatically going to the T2 when there are very good options available from Roland & particually Korg with the PAX1 complete with speakers.

#42163 - 12/02/05 07:01 AM Re: A MAJOR DESICION HAS BEEN MADE.
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Technote moves on from Technics to support Roland - have they made the right move...?

#42164 - 12/02/05 07:56 AM Re: A MAJOR DESICION HAS BEEN MADE.
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Quote:
Originally posted by Graham UK:
Hi Peter. I am happy for you but...Why is everybody automatically going to the T2 when there are very good options available from Roland & particually Korg with the PAX1 complete with speakers.

HI Graham,
I am not everybody but to answer your question for my self. I passed on the G-70 because everyone I know that bought one tried to unwind the deal but the dealers would not take them back. One guy on this forum whose judgement and ability I highly respect bought his KN7000 back even though the dealer would not take back the G 70.
I did not buy the PA1X because of the limited polyphany of 64.
I Liked the Tyros 2 because of the light weight to take it in the motorhome and because I do not need a built in sound system.
It works for me and I like it fine so far. I would have bought a new Technics this year but there are no more. I have the KN2600, KN7000, KN6000 and the original KN800.
Note: If you want tyros 2 info the best place to get it is our new Tyros Forum here in the synth Zone. Go to: http://www.synthzone.com/cgi-bin/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&number=39&SUBMIT=Go

Best to you,
Bebop

#42165 - 12/02/05 02:04 PM Re: A MAJOR DESICION HAS BEEN MADE.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi Graham
Nice to hear from you again, Hope you are enjoying your retirement at the coast.
I have looking to change for probably about six months and taking my time to look at the options.
The Roland G70 didn't impress me and I thought it not to user friendly. I have had a Roland Piano top of the range and I sent it back after six months. Totally disallusioned with the whole thing.
The Korg PA1X and PA1XPRO; I spent quite a lot of time looking at these and I think they are absolutely superb keyboards and almost went for one up to the point where I
was trying to negotiate a px deal. I felt totally at home with it but then time was creeping ever closer to the launch of the Tyros 2, so I decided to wait and look. I went into Foxs and played one and I was totally impressed by how much Yamaha have moved it on from the T1. I did the deal with Whitley bay organs because they did me the best deal and service.

Regards
Peter

#42166 - 12/02/05 03:06 PM Re: A MAJOR DESICION HAS BEEN MADE.
roger brandon bradbury Offline

Loc: Willersey, Broadway
To pick up on a point.Technote are sending out letters inviting kn users to win the Roland g-70 version 2 by visiting your local Roland dealer before 24th December.What a bad time if like me you are out 5 days a week playing.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online