SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#421762 - 05/28/16 10:50 PM Re: Input from members who have a Korg PA4x [Re: ]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
There is an excellent series of lessons on Youtube on the PA4X.
I actually prefer to have the manual on PC, rather than have to flip pages!
As far as the black and low light, I find it helpful to plug a small USB light into the front USB port. It illuminates most of the keyboard!

#421765 - 05/28/16 11:56 PM Re: Input from members who have a Korg PA4x [Re: DonM]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: DonM
There is an excellent series of lessons on Youtube on the PA4X.
I actually prefer to have the manual on PC, rather than have to flip pages!
As far as the black and low light, I find it helpful to plug a small USB light into the front USB port. It illuminates most of the keyboard!

Manualls work best on an Ipad (or any other tablet) for me... almost like a book, but adds easy searching

http://keyszone.boards.net

#421766 - 05/29/16 01:05 AM Re: Input from members who have a Korg PA4x [Re: ]
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Ah yes 'the system' - let me know when you've worked out how to save the changes you might want to make during playing a song to the Korg equivalent of panel memories which I think is called 'performance'. I bought the Korg microarranger 'The Liverpool' at the Keyboard Cavalcade and still haven't got to the bottom of that one.

#421769 - 05/29/16 02:41 AM Re: Input from members who have a Korg PA4x [Re: RMepstead]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Hi Rog,

I agree with you about the MicroArranger, and was hesitant to go Korg again, but I find the pa4X a breeze to understand. The best I have owned since the KN7000.

Bernie

#421778 - 05/29/16 08:25 AM Re: Input from members who have a Korg PA4x [Re: ]
DonM Offline

The PA4x has done away with Performances. They have what they call Set Lists now, all based on the Songbook. I like the new system a lot personally. Others miss doing it the old way.
I know John Smies was really unhappy about it.

#421783 - 05/29/16 10:19 AM Re: Input from members who have a Korg PA4x [Re: DonM]
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.

I was Don. So much really that it was ONE of the reasons for selling my SECOND PA4X and getting back a PA800. I say one of the reasons because due to several circumstances I do not play the keyboards as much as I used to. Subsequently I found the total investment too high a price to pay. For the same amount of money spent on a basic PA4X ( bugs included smile )I now have a Korg PA800, Ketron SD1plus ( bought last week), Yamaha P-80 piano, Martin acoustic guitar, Greg Bennett acoustic guitar and a Syrincs M3-220 DT active monitor set. Go figure is what the Americans would say, I believe.................
Nevertheless there is no denying that the PA4X sounds and styles are excellent and that many of you will undoubtedly enjoy their purchase. I know you do Don, and I enjoyed the recordings on it that you made available to us all.
Still, like I said, I am really quite happy without the 4X.

regards,
John

#421784 - 05/29/16 10:55 AM Re: Input from members who have a Korg PA4x [Re: ]
DonM Offline

The SD1 Plus is an excellent arranger. Technology as far as OS is a little dated, but it will SOUND great!

#421785 - 05/29/16 11:00 AM Re: Input from members who have a Korg PA4x [Re: john smies]
Dnj Online   content

Originally Posted By: john smies

I was Don. So much really that it was ONE of the reasons for selling my SECOND PA4X and getting back a PA800. I say one of the reasons because due to several circumstances I do not play the keyboards as much as I used to. Subsequently I found the total investment too high a price to pay. For the same amount of money spent on a basic PA4X ( bugs included smile )I now have a Korg PA800, Ketron SD1plus ( bought last week), Yamaha P-80 piano, Martin acoustic guitar, Greg Bennett acoustic guitar and a Syrincs M3-220 DT active monitor set. Go figure is what the Americans would say, I believe.................
Nevertheless there is no denying that the PA4X sounds and styles are excellent and that many of you will undoubtedly enjoy their purchase. I know you do Don, and I enjoyed the recordings on it that you made available to us all.
Still, like I said, I am really quite happy without the 4X.

regards,
John

I feel you John,.........as I always said navigation and operators playing features are the most critical things on a keyboard....as a player you have to be very comfortable if not keep searching until you do...everyone is different good luck to you...

#421787 - 05/29/16 11:46 AM Re: Input from members who have a Korg PA4x [Re: john smies]
Alan-Russell Offline

Do you have any arrangements I might listen too that are assembled by tracks?

#421788 - 05/29/16 12:00 PM Re: Input from members who have a Korg PA4x [Re: ]
DonM Offline

Sorry, I do everything live!

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online