SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#421573 - 05/22/16 08:52 PM Re: Input from members who have a Korg PA4x [Re: ]
vangelis Offline

Loc: FLORIDA
I've had them all, and still have a few old ones around including the Ketron,GEM,Roland,Yamaha,and KORG and as far as an arranger,the BEST! to date for me is KORG PA4X, great right out of the box and very tweekable, but one thing stinks about KORG,and they should change their policy, if you buy a KORG PA4X and have it for a few months, even though it's under full warranty if you sell it it considered used and out of warranty, that policy stinks, period, and I would take that into consideration next time when I buy a KORG, and this is enforced here in the US, were as in Europe a local dealer will probably still help you out.

Edited by vangelis (05/22/16 08:53 PM)

#421576 - 05/22/16 11:23 PM Re: Input from members who have a Korg PA4x [Re: vangelis]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: vangelis
I've had them all, and still have a few old ones around including the Ketron,GEM,Roland,Yamaha,and KORG and as far as an arranger,the BEST! to date for me is KORG PA4X, great right out of the box and very tweekable, but one thing stinks about KORG,and they should change their policy, if you buy a KORG PA4X and have it for a few months, even though it's under full warranty if you sell it it considered used and out of warranty, that policy stinks, period, and I would take that into consideration next time when I buy a KORG, and this is enforced here in the US, were as in Europe a local dealer will probably still help you out.

Strange laws you have overthere in the US... Overhere in Holland Warrannty is on the product and carries over to the new owners by law.... Also by law, people are entitled to 3 years warranty on evevry product they buy.... And you dont have to pay extra for that..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#421577 - 05/22/16 11:26 PM Re: Input from members who have a Korg PA4x [Re: rikkisbears]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: rikkisbears
Hi,
don't have the pa 4x , I have the pa3x.
Operating system, first up, probably isn't quite as straight forward as the yammies.
Unless something has changed, you have to load user styles into the korg,vs being able to play them directly off the USB stick. That used to confuse some people that were used to the yammie system.
I
Main thing is, make sure you like the korg styles.

I personally luv the operating system of the korg, especially the style creator. Unfortunately I couldn't always find a style for some of the tunes I like to play. I'm sort of into show tunes and old standards and stuff, some of the simpler yammie styles plain suited better. So, not that bigger problem for me, I used to convert my yammies across to korg for the odd style.

Whereas the operating system shouldn't be that bigger problem, just make sure you like the korg styles.

Hi Ricky, good to see you again...

I am not a pa4x owner, i read somewher however the pa4x can play styles directly from USB, maybe a pa4x owner can comfirm this?

#421581 - 05/23/16 04:00 AM Re: Input from members who have a Korg PA4x [Re: ]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Tyrosman5
I am contemplating buying a Korg PA4X after selling my Tyros 5-76.

why are you selling your Tyros5?

#421583 - 05/23/16 05:23 AM Re: Input from members who have a Korg PA4x [Re: DonM]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
[quote=DonM]I love the PA4X. Operating system has improved a lot, even over the Pa3X. You can now play styles from USB via a system called disk direct.
I've been able to find every style I need. There are tons of them out there, in addition to the ones on board and that Korg lets you download for free. Plus the 4x has a built-in midi-to-style converter that works well, if the original midi file was done right to start with.

Hi Don,
Ok , now I'm starting to wish I hadn't gotten involved in this discussion.
Not that it ever bothered me personally that one couldn't play styles directly from USB , it still sounds like a great addition.

What really has me intrigued, what is the midi to style "converter", ie is there MORE to it, than the midi to style function on the pa3x???

I've deliberately been avoiding reading up on the pa4x. Poor hubby, maybe. Hahau

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#421584 - 05/23/16 05:37 AM Re: Input from members who have a Korg PA4x [Re: Bachus]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia

[/quote]

I am not a pa4x owner, i read somewher however the pa4x can play styles directly from USB, maybe a pa4x owner can comfirm this? [/quote]

Thank you Bachus.

I've been taking quite a long break from my music hobby. Still have my keyboards, just starting to dabble again.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#421594 - 05/23/16 09:16 AM Re: Input from members who have a Korg PA4x [Re: ]
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
There is a weight difference between PA4X and T5. PA series is made of medal and the Tyros is plastic. NOt sure of exact weight, but probably 10 lbs heavier.

I've never been happy with the feel and touch of T5' Function Buttons. As you know, you use F1 thru F10 to navigate through the Yamaha menus.

I think you'll find the touch screen on PA series to be better to navigate vs. Tyros.

#421599 - 05/23/16 10:28 AM Re: Input from members who have a Korg PA4x [Re: rikkisbears]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: rikkisbears

I am not a pa4x owner, i read somewher however the pa4x can play styles directly from USB, maybe a pa4x owner can comfirm this? [/quote]

Thank you Bachus.

I've been taking quite a long break from my music hobby. Still have my keyboards, just starting to dabble again. [/quote]

Making music is allways fun, i hope you will find the same as me, that even after a long break (mine lasted over 5 years) it will not be that hard to pick up where you left...

#421604 - 05/23/16 11:06 AM Re: Input from members who have a Korg PA4x [Re: ]
Tyrosman5
Unregistered

Just ordered a Korg PA4X from Frank at Audioworks. I thank all of you for your input, I really appreciate it. Synthzone is the
place for all board players who want to get the most from their
boards. Thanks again, Lloyd

#421605 - 05/23/16 12:07 PM Re: Input from members who have a Korg PA4x [Re: ]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: Tyrosman5
Just ordered a Korg PA4X from Frank at Audioworks. I thank all of you for your input, I really appreciate it. Synthzone is the
place for all board players who want to get the most from their
boards. Thanks again, Lloyd

Lloyd, CONGRATS!

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online