SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#42153 - 03/13/00 03:12 AM changing volume on a KN6000
Herbert Mladosevits Offline

Loc: Vienna, Austria
When I make a realtime record on the KN6000 (Right1,2, Left, chord,) I can change the volume with the foot-controller.

How can I increase or decrease the volume when I start to record a new track (e.g. Part10).

When I try it with the foot-controller it effects to change the volume of all tracks played before.

I also have tried during the record to change to level with the mixer. But this takes to much time to increase of decrease a single note. In steprecord I can only set this note to a fix-value and not to a lets say "floating" level.

Any ideas ??

#42154 - 03/13/00 05:37 PM Re: changing volume on a KN6000
Frank Bez Offline

Loc: Avila Beach, CA, U.S.A.
Hi Herbert,
The easiest way that I have found to do over dubs in sequencing, is to place the sound and the volume setting in the mixer prior to starting your recording. I generally set the volume high so I can hear the sound clearly when making the second or third pass. It’s then possible to go back and adjust the sound so the mix is just as you want it. I’ve stopped using the expression pedal when sequencing because I’ve found that the sequencer doesn’t do a good job of recording the pedal data. While it’s possible to go back and edit the control track to make corrections, the procedure is tedious. To create the effect of expression I use the velocity with which I strike the keys to gain the effect.
Frank

#42155 - 03/13/00 10:37 PM Re: changing volume on a KN6000
Herbert Mladosevits Offline

Loc: Vienna, Austria
Hi Frank,
sounds like a good solution but even you play e.g. a trumpet or sax it is often necessary to increase the note-volume imediately from e.g. 100 to 20. Using the mixer takes to much time. Is it possible to programm the sound-controller on the left side of the keyboard to increase or decrease the volume ?

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online