SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#42138 - 08/26/05 08:57 AM Re: 1GB SD CARD
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Our Local Fry's electronics store had the 1 GB SD card for 54.00 USD on sale this week. I can't see a need for one that big. I use a bunch of 256k for my own use.
Best regards,
Bebop

#42139 - 08/26/05 09:17 AM Re: 1GB SD CARD
D.Munson Offline

Loc: UK
Quote:
Originally posted by BEBOP:
Our Local Fry's electronics store had the 1 GB SD card for 54.00 USD on sale this week. I can't see a need for one that big. I use a bunch of 256k for my own use.
Best regards,
Bebop

I'm quite happy with a 64mb card it stores more than enough for my requirements

Derek Munson

#42140 - 08/27/05 04:35 PM Re: 1GB SD CARD
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Hi Joan,

You are right about any make of card being 'duff'. Whilst on holiday last year I bought a 256 Panasonic SD Card from a well known large store and within 2 weeks it developed a fault. The little gold bars looked very scratched which I knew couldn't be due to heavy use as I had only used it twice to store some floppies. I took it back to our local shop and fortunately for me, I spoke with a young man who knew about the use of these cards with our keyboards as he owned a KN7. He confirmed the card was faulty and changed it for another new card there and then. The new card has been no trouble at all. (Hope I'm no speaking too soon as they say). Considering the faulty card was not bought at the local store I was really impressed with their Customer Service.

Best wishes to you and yours.

Audrey

#42141 - 08/27/05 08:34 PM Re: 1GB SD CARD
KeithB Offline

Loc: Melbourne AUSTRALIA
I endorse an earlier comment along the lines 'do we really need a Gigabyte SD card'?
I'm using a 256MB card , have all the styles I can find plus midi's, and I have only used 111MB.
I do not have any MP3's onboard and that could make a difference. But even so I would think that 512MB would be the largest one would ever need.
Though I do recall comments of 10 or more years ago that 64MB on a PC would last forever!
Keith

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online