SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#421241 - 05/12/16 06:32 PM Working with PDF Files
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
When using PDF, scanned sheet music do you always have to scan down the page?
Has anyone come up with an alternative?

John C.

#421245 - 05/12/16 09:38 PM Re: Working with PDF Files [Re: bruno123]
kaimei19 Offline

Loc: Victoria, Australia
Hi John,

You can have several options for displaying PDF scores - scrolling down/up, 1 page per screen, 2 pages per screen, half-pages per screen - it all depends on the software used.

Below is a link to a document explaining my setup with a Dell laptop/tablet 2-in-1. And the way I've arranged it to display scores automatically on selecting a registration (Tyros 4 keyboard).

My personal preference is for displaying 1 page at a time - I move forward and backwards through the score a page at at time using a PageFlip Firefly Bluetooth/USB Pedal. The pedal can be configured to respond to a range of 'keystrokes' such as Page Forward/Back, Page Up/Down, or customized to anything the PDF viewing program understands.

There are now quite a few solutions around for Apple IOS, Windows and Android platforms including Songbook, Michael Bedesem's OpenText, MobileSheets, and if you just need display then any PDF Viewer such as Adobe Acrobat Reader, Foxit, Sumatra, and Jørgen Sørensen's Music Book Viewer

Regards,
Phil

Organisizing and Displaying Sheet Music

#421304 - 05/15/16 02:02 AM Re: Working with PDF Files [Re: kaimei19]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Phil,
I did not read your post until today, thank you.

It is certainly an in-depth explanation. I have been using an IPad and a 17” HP laptop. The 17” screen is a bit too large; the IPad is almost usable. I feel I do not have the temperament to work with the IPad when playing out; it is too sensitive to touch. I thought a 13” or 14” screen would do the job, but you have me tempted – I may go for the 15” screen.

I am going to study what you posted, thanks again.
John C.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online