SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#420423 - 04/25/16 07:36 AM Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read!
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Hey folks, I feel the need to update people here who might be considering the MZX-500.

Currently, that vast majority of my opinions in the review still stand. However, there is an issue that needs to be addressed and I thought I'd share it with the Zone.

At the moment the MZX-500 has two flaws that I've found and reported within the style/pattern recorder and midi sequencer. There is a bug associated with mixer settings being saved for styles used in the midi sequencer, and in the style/pattern recorder.

In the pattern recorder, any mixer settings applied to variations 3 and 4 will not save. You can make the adjustments, they apply momentarily, but as soon as you move to another section, any mixer settings for variations 3 and 4 will reset to default.

The problem carries over to the midi sequencer too. I recorded a style progression within the midi sequencer. I wanted to test to see if this problem was just associated the style/pattern record mode. It is not. All mixer settings made to parts/tracks that contain style date recorded in the midi sequencer would revert back to defaults as each section progressed. You can literally watch the virtual knobs snap back to their default positions.

This IMO is a pretty serious issue. It's an arranger keyboard.., and not being able to have mixer settings properly apply to arranger parts (especially considering we're talking about the most basic form of editing here) can render this board useless to some (myself included).

I purchased the MZX for production. I create my own styles and songs. Currently the style/pattern recorder appears to only function as a 2 variation platform for recording/editing purposes, and any style use in the midi sequencer is plagued by this bug as well due to a mixer bug. I'm hoping Casio addresses this issus ASAP.

A firmware update was released this morning, but did not address this issue. I'm shocked that something so basic was missed in beta testing. It also leads me to speculate that perhaps that's why the demos prior to release were so limited in what was being shown.

Just wanted to share this info.

Sqk

Edited by squeak_D (04/25/16 07:40 AM)
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#420428 - 04/25/16 08:59 AM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: squeak_D]
wrinkles303 Offline

Loc: worthington ,ohio
It sounds like they used the old software of the wk 7600 just added the touch screen. From the videos I watched, this to me what they did. Same ol repackaging of the product.

#420429 - 04/25/16 09:08 AM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: wrinkles303]
LindaFus Offline

Loc: Ledyard, CT USA
This machine is NOT a WK in any way shape or form (I still have a WK-7500). If I was going to take a guess I would say they used the PX-560 OS as both machines overlap in functions. I know I have both!

My MZX has the same issue as Dan's however, I am going to wait for a fix which I hope is soon and hope that no more bugs appear.

Other then the issues listed, it is a great arranger keyboard!

#420433 - 04/25/16 09:34 AM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: squeak_D]
squeak_D Offline

I have to agree with Linda. This is not a WK. The MZX-500 is basically the PX560 with four variations, sampling, and performance pads. The OS between them is almost identical. It's almost like they didn't take into account the coding for the additional variations. The mixer issue problem is across the board. Even in normal play.., mixer settings made to style parts applies momentarily. You can make the adjustments, but as soon as you move to another variation, or even hit the fill.., everything resets. This is a serious Mixer issue across that board that pertains to the styles that needs fixed.

I also remember seeing a post from another user about the sustain pedal not recording in the style/pattern recorder. For me the mixer is a huge problem.., as I imagine it would be for anyone who plans on using this board to create music. Even if you don't take the mixer issue with recording in both the style and midi sequencer..., not being able to adjust basic mixer settings (and have them retained) under normal style play will certainly be an issue for many.

Right out of the box the first thing I felt needed done to just about every style I used was that they are over saturated with reverb. However.., I can't even get the reverb adjustments to work in normal style play mode.

Casio needs to step it up. This board is supposed to be a big move for them. The original MZ-2000 had an uphill battle. They market the new MZX with all these production tools, but fail to code the most basic features properly.

Edited by squeak_D (04/25/16 09:45 AM)
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#420439 - 04/25/16 09:53 AM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: squeak_D]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: squeak_D
I have to agree with Linda. This is not a WK. The MZX-500 is basically the PX560 with four variations, sampling, and performance pads. The OS between them is almost identical. It's almost like they didn't take into account the coding for the additional variations. The mixer issue problem is across the board. Even in normal play.., mixer settings made to style parts applies momentarily. You can make the adjustments, but as soon as you move to another variation, or even hit the fill.., everything resets. This is a serious Mixer issue across that board that pertains to the styles that needs fixed.

I also remember seeing a post from another user about the sustain pedal not recording in the style/pattern recorder. For me the mixer is a huge problem.., as I imagine it would be for anyone who plans on using this board to create music. Even if you don't take the mixer issue with recording in both the style and midi sequencer..., not being able to adjust basic mixer settings (and have them retained) under normal style play will certainly be an issue for many.

Right out of the box the first thing I felt needed done to just about every style I used was that they are over saturated with reverb. However.., I can't even get the reverb adjustments to work in normal style play mode.

Casio needs to step it up. This board is supposed to be a big move for them. The original MZ-2000 had an uphill battle. They market the new MZX with all these production tools, but fail to code the most basic features properly.

OUCH.......not good news Squeak are you going to return it?...
I was afraid of this with the Casio MZ x500 the truth is coming to the surface although I am not surprised....anyway I hope it all works out for you.

good luck..

#420440 - 04/25/16 10:10 AM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: Dnj]
squeak_D Offline

No plans of returning it yet. I'm going to see what Casio does. It's all really starting to make sense though. When the demos started showing up.., almost all of them were extremely short, and didn't really show too much. A few that surfaced were showing sounds and material "added" to the keyboard.

I'm shocked the board went out to consumers with the list of bugs that have been found over that last week. Mike Martin said he thinks today's firmware update was already finished prior to these reports. I find that very odd and troubling because I found these issues very quickly. I don't think there was any way they didn't know this prior to shipping them.

As soon as you attempt to do any basic pattern editing you're hit with the mixer bug. As soon as you record a style to the midi sequencer and do post song editing, you're hit with the mixer bug. You try and make basic mixer adjustments under NORMAL STYLE play and you're hit with the mixer bug.

For me.., at the moment the board is useless for my needs. What's the point of an arranger if you can't do get basic mixer settings to be retained, and both the style and midi sequencers aren't functioning properly due to bugs. I'm just going to put the dust cover on it and wait to see what Casio's response is.

I like the board.., but the styles IMO are completely over saturated with reverb when it comes to drums and other style parts. If I can't get something that basic to function across all modes.., the board is useless to me (currently).

Disappointing.

Edited by squeak_D (04/25/16 10:18 AM)

#420441 - 04/25/16 11:01 AM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: squeak_D]
wrinkles303 Offline

Loc: worthington ,ohio
i think ill add a few dollars and get a korg or yamaha down the road. i have the wk7600, i like it for what it does and price, it has a mixer issue ,you cant mix while playing live on stage , it takes you out of arranger mode. oh well, it looks nice. sad to hear. btw i stand corrected on the os in my earlier post. did you try saving your edit to user style after each variation before editing the next variation? just curious if that would work

#420445 - 04/25/16 11:27 AM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: squeak_D]
Bachus Offline

Well, same buiseness as allways....

Dont be an early adaptor if you rely on a product...
Most of these products take months to become bugfree
Its just that they dont have 10.000's of beta testers to help them improve the software
So they rely on the early addaptors..

As long as the early addaptors keep communicating on a sane level with Casio the problems/bugs will be repaired..

It allways bogs me how people are allways surprised when there are still bugs in a newly released product... Its just the way of things when software is involved...

(In keyboard land only Yamaha seems to be doing better then the others on average in releasing products relatively bugfree)

http://keyszone.boards.net

#420446 - 04/25/16 12:34 PM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: squeak_D]
Dnj Offline

Ditto Bacchus on the Yamaha..

#420448 - 04/25/16 12:44 PM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: wrinkles303]
LindaFus Offline

Thats a good suggestion Wrinkles303 I will try that.

#420449 - 04/25/16 12:49 PM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: Dnj
Ditto Bacchus on the Yamaha..

I know, but please try to not use two c's, you write Bach with a single C... Not even a major C, just a minor c..

#420457 - 04/25/16 03:06 PM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: Bachus]
squeak_D Offline

The last thing I expected was for it to be bug free. I'm well aware of issues related to newer software. However.., this mixer problem isn't a small bug that could go easily undetected. Anyone spending an hour with the keyboard would have seen this problem. This is an arranger keyboard and to have something as basic as mixer functions not working for STYLES in an arranger keyboard is totally unacceptable.

This mixer bug is present across the board. Sure.., I expect a few bugs.., but this! It's not a small glitch.

#420458 - 04/25/16 03:54 PM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: Bachus]
LindaFus Offline

I have no doubt Casio will fix these bugs in short order. These are not hidden bugs. Crack open the manual to editing mixer functions and bang you will encounter it. I understand some growing pains in all products this one however, really is obvious and if they even tried to do that function while coding, they would have seen this right away. Basic functions should work before release. They have plenty of beta testers now and we are all working at reporting the bugs.

I do not know why you would be surprised why people are dismayed at a new product that has bugs. Consumers pay real money for these products they are not free, you should expect a well rounded working product delivered to your door no matter what OS.

Originally Posted By: Bachus

Its just that they dont have 10.000's of beta testers to help them improve the software

As long as the early addaptors keep communicating on a sane level with Casio the problems/bugs will be repaired..

It allways bogs me how people are allways surprised when there are still bugs in a newly released product... Its just the way of things when software is involved...

(In keyboard land only Yamaha seems to be doing better then the others on average in releasing products relatively bugfree)

#420459 - 04/25/16 05:13 PM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: LindaFus]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: LindaFus
I have no doubt Casio will fix these bugs in short order. These are not hidden bugs. Crack open the manual to editing mixer functions and bang you will encounter it. I understand some growing pains in all products this one however, really is obvious and if they even tried to do that function while coding, they would have seen this right away. Basic functions should work before release. They have plenty of beta testers now and we are all working at reporting the bugs.

I do not know why you would be surprised why people are dismayed at a new product that has bugs. Consumers pay real money for these products they are not free, you should expect a well rounded working product delivered to your door no matter what OS.

Ditto Linda....

#420465 - 04/25/16 09:21 PM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: LindaFus]
Bachus Offline

Obviously none of you ever worked in a software production environment.. Often time features not working flawlessly get removed from a product untill a development team is happy with them, its better to not have a feature then have a feature onboard that crashes the whole instrument...

There might be a reason why its not working right now...

The bad thing is these developers dont communicate about this with the customer base, because that is where it really really hurts... The silence on the other side.. And this hurts both sides, as also the developers are mostly best served by an open and honest monologue with the (testing) customers... When they communicate they will both get a better idea about the bugs and the expectations and wishes of the customer base...

I still dont get why they are not communicating, maybe they are lsitening, but certainly not communicating, and that does not only mean Casio, but all these companies, Korg, Ketron, Roland, Kurzweil, Nord... Yamaha is espescially bad at this, i have had a few discussions with the Yamaha representative on yamahasynth named bad mister, that only show arrogance and clearly not a single attempt to listen to the users...

Its hard to get the product out that you want to create ... Its even harder to find out what the product is the customers want.. But a feature like this should indeed be on Casios main list to do..

#420466 - 04/25/16 10:36 PM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: squeak_D]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Korg is very good about listening. Paulo is active on the Korg Forum and they have already made several changes asked for by buyers of the PA4X.

#420467 - 04/25/16 10:43 PM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: squeak_D]
Bachus Offline

I was wrong...

I just saw Mike Martin react on the facebook group in an open and honest way...

Patch 1.21 was allready done when this problem surfaced

He confirmed Casio was working hard to get this issue fixed

Seems Casio representatives do know how to communicate with their customers, there for kudos and compliments to Mike Martin and Casio

----------

I do need to make a comment, squeek i saw you post this issue now in 3 places, i dont think this is the right forum to archieve open and honest communication with Casio. Maybe us customers should also learn to keep these reports strictly to the official user forums... Atleast as long as Casio is communicating about them and prommising repairs...

Because if this problem is repaired in a few weeks, these posts might hurt Casio in the long run... Honest and open communication requires two sides..

#420468 - 04/25/16 10:45 PM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: DonM]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: DonM
Korg is very good about listening. Paulo is active on the Korg Forum and they have already made several changes asked for by buyers of the PA4X.

Paolo is very good at listening indeed, abd at taking actions... However he is not very good at communicating about this, communicating wirks both ways

#420471 - 04/26/16 02:25 AM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: squeak_D]
DAN.2000 Offline

Loc: FRANCE
Saving the mixer and settings of the styles was something hard to do in vArranger, especially for Yamaha styles

I wish Casio will add this feature

Dan
https://www.varranger.com

#420490 - 04/26/16 08:29 AM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: DAN.2000]
tom moon Offline

Loc: Haddonfield, NJ, USA
I hope Mike Martin or someone at Casio becomes proactive and acknowledges these problems and provides a timetable for the fix. it's troubling to watch a launch for a potentially great product turn sour....it's stating the obvious, but the MZ is basically DOA until this is addressed. Casio has made great strides in the pro market but they will quickly lose those strides and whatever goodwill remains if they don't act swiftly.....

#420498 - 04/26/16 11:41 AM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: tom moon]
LindaFus Offline

I agree, none of us want to be negative, however, I am unable to save anything properly to the board so once I am aggravated and wasted my time I want to turn it off and cover it.

Mike Martin is aware and states they are working on it so we know it will be fixed but I was hoping to use my new MZ now not 3 months from now. Sigh
There is no work around for it either I have tried everything. Casio has created a great new machine they just need to make it work according to their manual.

Originally Posted By: tom moon
I hope Mike Martin or someone at Casio becomes proactive and acknowledges these problems and provides a timetable for the fix. it's troubling to watch a launch for a potentially great product turn sour....it's stating the obvious, but the MZ is basically DOA until this is addressed. Casio has made great strides in the pro market but they will quickly lose those strides and whatever goodwill remains if they don't act swiftly.....

#420499 - 04/26/16 11:49 AM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: LindaFus]
Bachus Offline

I agree, none of us want to be negative, however, I am unable to save anything properly to the board so once I am aggravated and wasted my time I want to turn it off and cover it.

Mike Martin is aware and states they are working on it so we know it will be fixed but I was hoping to use my new MZ now not 3 months from now. Sigh
There is no work around for it either I have tried everything. Casio has created a great new machine they just need to make it work according to their manual.

I think, the problem has been recognised about two days ago, Mike Martin said they are working on a solution... So people just need to be a little patient...

Posting the same forum in over 6 forums and crying about Casio not acting, really works counter productive.... mike Martin reacted on the offical Casio forums and on the facebook group and said they are working on it... Thats ooen and honest communication and more then any other company out there...

Expecting newly released software to work flawlessly is an illusion these days... The products have become way to complicated to expect that

#420501 - 04/26/16 12:07 PM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: squeak_D]
Dnj Offline

They'll probably sell a ton of these in the Big box stores BJ, Sam, Costco, etc at Xmas....

#420505 - 04/26/16 01:08 PM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: Dnj]
LindaFus Offline

Gee, its an $1,100 board I do not think that will be the case but you never know!

They'll probably sell a ton of these in the Big box stores BJ, Sam, Costco, etc at Xmas....

#420507 - 04/26/16 01:58 PM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: Bachus]
LindaFus Offline

Bachus, no one is crying about Casio not acting? We are discussing the new MZX and its faults. No one said Mike Martin was not managing this issue? We have good communication with him on Facebook. I do not understand why you feel the need to criticize everyone's comments when you do not even own this board.

I have been a member of this forum since 2000 and now I remember why I rarely post. Thanks for reminding me.

[quote=LindaFus]I agree, none of us want to be negative, however, I

Posting the same forum in over 6 forums and crying about Casio not acting, really works counter productive.... mike Martin reacted on the offical Casio forums and on the facebook group and said they are working on it... Thats ooen and honest communication and more then any other company out there...

Expecting newly released software to work flawlessly is an illusion these days... The products have become way to complicated to expect that

#420510 - 04/26/16 02:13 PM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: LindaFus]
Dnj Offline

Gee, its an $1,100 board I do not think that will be the case but you never know!

I would think they will discount them under a $grand$ in those type of stores holiday time to get rid of them fast,...here they usually have a Santa Clause playing a keyboard in the isles to advertise and sell them.

#420531 - 04/26/16 11:00 PM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: LindaFus]
Bachus Offline

Bachus, no one is crying about Casio not acting? We are discussing the new MZX and its faults. No one said Mike Martin was not managing this issue? We have good communication with him on Facebook. I do not understand why you feel the need to criticize everyone's comments when you do not even own this board.

I have been a member of this forum since 2000 and now I remember why I rarely post. Thanks for reminding me.

[quote=LindaFus]I agree, none of us want to be negative, however, I

Then why are we discussing this in 6 different forums?

Isnt discussing this on the official Casio forums more then enough?

I think this whole discussion about a single bug in the MZ-X all over the place, makes unknowing keyboardplayers think that the Casio is a bad investment for their money... I still dont think Casio deserves all the negative attention that comes from this..

And in a month or two when this problem is all solved, people googling for MZ-X and problems will find dozens of posts about this single bug, dont look at the date and think its a bad faulty instrument... Thats how internet works... and thats what i am saying...

Just google for PA4x and problems, and you will think that it must be a really buggy instrument...

So here is my question again, what do we gain from discussing this single development feature in a special post over and over... in a forum that Casio doesnt read daily?

Sadly many people dont realize how the interent works as kind of magnifying glass, that makes little problems look huge.. The OP could also just have filed this info into his orriginal post about the MZ-X here... which is a very possitive post, he still stands to.. this would have given everyone the information witouth turning it into a whole discussion...

#420532 - 04/26/16 11:03 PM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

I would think they will discount them under a $grand$ in those type of stores holiday time to get rid of them fast,...here they usually have a Santa Clause playing a keyboard in the isles to advertise and sell them.

The Casio XW-P1 started at just under €1000 and ended up selling here in large batches for around €300

As long as i remember Casio has had the habbit of dropping prices considerably as the instruments age and they have to many in stock.

Even their bestselling PX-5S dropped from about €1100 to like €700 streetprice right now...

#420535 - 04/27/16 12:24 AM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: Bachus]
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.

Just google for PA4x and problems, and you will think that it must be a really buggy instrument...

The PA4X is a really buggy instrument, in case you had not noticed my friend...

regards,
John

#420536 - 04/27/16 01:49 AM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: john smies]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: john smies

The PA4X is a really buggy instrument, in case you had not noticed my friend...

regards,
John

Well... then explain me how it is possible that so many Synthzone members are happily gigging with it?

I think its not so much buggy right now... its just missing some features that where promminent in the previous model... But obviously there are no real bugs preventing people from using their instruments happily in a live situation...

Edited by Bachus (04/27/16 01:50 AM)

#420561 - 04/27/16 08:42 AM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: squeak_D]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
There are some known bugs in the PA4X and Korg is working to address them. None of them affect the way I use mine. It has been rock-solid!

#420564 - 04/27/16 10:04 AM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: squeak_D]
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
On the Casio CGP-700, I had issues playing a midi file directly off the thumb drive.

Do I need to copy midi file into the sequencer to play. Is this correct ?

#420612 - 04/28/16 05:00 AM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: DanO1]
john smies Offline

As I was the one to nearly sidetrack this topic I would like to convey my thanks to squeak and LindaFus for shedding their light on the new Casio arranger and its unfortunate launch. I for one remain interested in this keyboard and am looking forward to more news about the MZ-X500, demos and hopefully they will get their act together there at Casio soon.

regards,
John

#420620 - 04/28/16 06:00 AM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: Bachus]
LindaFus Offline

Bachus - I was not going to respond anymore here but I feel this needs to be replied to. First I am not on 6 different forums nor do I post anything about the MZX on 6 forums. Second, many keyboard players here are NOT on Facebook or the Casio Forums and want information about the board from those that own one. I did not know I needed your permission to discuss this board and I am pretty sure I do not. Third, what is on another forum may not be the same as what is on Synthzone. If you find the information redundant then please move to another thread to HiJack.

I am more then happy to share my experience with the MZX with you. I see your posts on the MZX Facebook page so I know your capable of posting in an appropriate manner but you appear to only want to slam posters here for writing content that is already somewhere else. That can be said for every make and model of Arranger Keyboards that are discussed here.

Please, be an adult and try not to be bickering about the content of a posters responses.

Thank you!

#420623 - 04/28/16 07:30 AM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: LindaFus]
Bachus Offline

Bachus - I was not going to respond anymore here but I feel this needs to be replied to. First I am not on 6 different forums nor do I post anything about the MZX on 6 forums. Second, many keyboard players here are NOT on Facebook or the Casio Forums and want information about the board from those that own one. I did not know I needed your permission to discuss this board and I am pretty sure I do not. Third, what is on another forum may not be the same as what is on Synthzone. If you find the information redundant then please move to another thread to HiJack.

I am more then happy to share my experience with the MZX with you. I see your posts on the MZX Facebook page so I know your capable of posting in an appropriate manner but you appear to only want to slam posters here for writing content that is already somewhere else. That can be said for every make and model of Arranger Keyboards that are discussed here.

Please, be an adult and try not to be bickering about the content of a posters responses.

Thank you!

I dont want to slam anyone....

I am only saying that discussing this same topic in seven places at the same time does not really bring anyone anything... I never said you posted them..

I only warned that negativity spreads fast on the interwebs and thats something Casio does not deserve, espescially since this issue will be overcome in one of the next few patches... But google and Bink will make it sound like the issue does still excist and it ends on top of many searches in the years to come...

Back on topic, the issue is a non issue and will be repaired soon...

I would prefer to discuss all the goodness the Casio has to offer instead of concentrating on those few negative bugs, which will be repaired soon as Martin allready stated...

And again, i dont intend to attack anyone, but just warned that posts like this will create a totally wrong picture of the Casio... Espescially since it allready keeps popping up on every other keyboard forum...

Its no use posting bugs overhere where Casio does not read them, espescially if Casio allready responded that they are working on it...

This is a whole different thing as starting discussions about design decissions that where made intentionally. Or shortcommings and overall quallity of an instrument.. Because those are things future buyers should base their decisions on... Sadly we are discussing here a bug, and not the overall features of the MZ-X which should be the case

Edited by Bachus (04/28/16 07:38 AM)

#420628 - 04/28/16 09:08 AM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: Bachus]
LindaFus Offline

Hi Bachus,

I am not posting bugs here for Casio to see them? I am posting the issues because those that own the product may have found a work - a - round until the product is fixed. Also, to talk about what it can do and what I like about it. I already got an idea to try to work around its saving issue.

If you work with software programming you would already know work a rounds are possible. So far, the issue with saving in the mixer has no work a round but maybe someone here has found a way around it? The forums are not only just for discussing what we love about the board but finding ways to help others get around what may not be so good about a board.

No one here is telling folks not to buy the board but clearly, if you bought it to only use those features (some do) they may want to know its faults and may decide to either wait for the fix or find that work-a-round until it is fixed. I would have purchased the MZX bugs and all anyways. I am sure others will as well.

#420629 - 04/28/16 09:08 AM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: squeak_D]
jingleman Offline

Loc: The Villages, FL, USA
Guys...let's be honest here. This is a (as the title infers) a general arranger forum. Where one can visit to get unbiased reviews of all brands of arrangers. Lord knows that everyone of the manufactures have taken their lumps on this forum. Some more than others. This review of The MZ-X500 is extremely appropriate for this forum as it separates company hype from real world experience. I for one am grateful for the reviews posted here as it can only assist the buyer become better informed. Thanks Linda and Squeak

jingleman

#420631 - 04/28/16 09:56 AM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: jingleman]
john smies Offline

Originally Posted By: jingleman
Guys...let's be honest here. This is a (as the title infers) a general arranger forum. Where one can visit to get unbiased reviews of all brands of arrangers. Lord knows that everyone of the manufactures have taken their lumps on this forum. Some more than others. This review of The MZ-X500 is extremely appropriate for this forum as it separates company hype from real world experience. I for one am grateful for the reviews posted here as it can only assist the buyer become better informed. Thanks Linda and Squeak

jingleman

clap

#420640 - 04/28/16 11:29 AM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: squeak_D]
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
I for one am glad that honest views and experiences are being posted everywhere warts and all. Buyers should not be allowed to buy a product that isn't finished and if there are problems with it ,then its the manufactures fault if people talk about those problems all over the place. If they want to avoid this kind of bad publicity then get the product tight the first time !! It is a nonsense that buyers are expected to be beta testers because a company cannot be bothered to quality check and properly test the products before they sell them. People should not have to rely upon a potential promise that an organisation might fix the products they have sold to you after they have sold them to you. Where is the incentive to the company once they have your money in their bank accounts?

Just as an example there are many people on the korg forum who are very disappointed with the product they have purchased that doesn't function the waythe manual said it should .

The new Casio arranger could be an outstanding instrument at some point in the future but until it works properly it's just an expensive piece of furniture . I welcome all honest appraisals of new instruments .

Edited by spalding1968 (04/28/16 11:32 AM)

#420641 - 04/28/16 11:40 AM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: jingleman]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: jingleman

jingleman

I dont think blowing up a minor issue all over the internet is honest, espescially since Casio allready said its going to be taken care off....

There is a great review of the Mz-x out on this forum by squeak, that he upgraded two times with new information.... And then he suddenly starts a whole new post blowing a minor issue out of proportions... While allready announced on the facebookgroup (where he posted this to) that the issue is going to be taken care off...

Why not add this remark to his grand review of the MZ-x in another post, where it belongs, and where it would have fit well in contrast to all the highlights of this keyboard... Instead of pulling a single negative comment out of proportions..

I am all for people posting opinions and reviews on the website... I only said that it not entirely fair to Casio to draw all attention to a single negative point... Thats my opinion, and thats whats it is... My opinion.

I will give you an example, of where this kind of posting in the end leads to, the Orriginal Korg Kronos had a small issue with its keybed in the first 3 months after release, yet still every week we still get questions on the Kronos keybed, if it is really as problematic as they have read in those 4 year old posts...

This is how the interwebs work, and this negativity will keep surrounding a certain issue long after it has been resolved....

#420644 - 04/28/16 12:26 PM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: squeak_D]
spalding1968 Offline

It's a shame casio is not as protective of its reputation as you are Bachus . Had they been , they would not have released a product with such a significant and obvious fault .

Squeak said he uses his arranger to create his own styles and music .i do the same with my korg . Squeak dropped close to a thousand dollars probably for it . Right now he can't use his instrument in the way he wants to as it was advertised . Do you think it's a minor problem to him ?

When Casio fix the problem all will be well I am sure but until then, they have earned every line of bad publicity as do all manufacturers that put out an incomplete product . The Kronos survived and do will this product if ultimately it can deliver the goods .

Edited by spalding1968 (04/28/16 12:29 PM)

#420645 - 04/28/16 12:39 PM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: spalding1968]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: spalding1968
It's a shame casio is not as protective of its reputation as you are Bachus . Had they been , they would not have released a product with such a significant and obvious fault .

Squeak said he uses his arranger to create his own styles and music .i do the same with my korg . Squeak dropped close to a thousand dollars probably for it . Right now he can't use his instrument in the way he wants to as it was advertised . Do you think it's a minor problem to him ?

When Casio fix the problem all will be well I am sure but until then, they have earned every line of bad publicity as do all manufacturers that put out an incomplete product . The Kronos survived and do will this product if ultimately it can deliver the goods .

You might be a great musician....

But you have obviously no clue how hard it is to get a software based product working flawlesly... Espescially with no beta testers around to test the software.... Microsoft uses millions of testers all over the world and fails releasing software witouth bugs... What makes you believe Casio (or korg for that) could release software of this magnitude witouth bugs?

We are talking a single little bug, blown out of proportions..... Just look at the topic title screaming for your attention, thats whats not fair... To Casio.. ( as well some comments here about the pa4x being a buggy keyboard not worth your money)

#420648 - 04/28/16 12:41 PM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: spalding1968]
squeak_D Offline

Exactly! This isn't some minor problem. I create my own styles and songs. The mixer issue greatly affects my ability to do so. Intersting how Bachus has so much to say about a bug reported about a keyboard (that so far as I can tell).., he doesn't even own. Sorry.., but it's laughable to call this a minor bug when it essentially affects the whole board.

You can't even make mixer adjustments in normal style play mode and have them stick because they jump back to default every time you switch to a differerent variation.., or hit the fill in.

What Bachus fails to realize is that this operating system isn't suddenly new and introduced with the MZX. The OS is almost identical to the PX-560. I paid $1,099 for an arranger workstation.., and out of the box.., one of the most basic functions for music creation is flawed. There was no excuse for such an obvious flaw to make it past their in house testing.

#420649 - 04/28/16 12:52 PM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: squeak_D]
Bachus Offline

Exactly! This isn't some minor problem. I create my own styles and songs. The mixer issue greatly affects my ability to do so. Intersting how Bachus has so much to say about a bug reported about a keyboard (that so far as I can tell).., he doesn't even own. Sorry.., but it's laughable to call this a minor bug when it essentially affects the whole board.

You can't even make mixer adjustments in normal style play mode and have them stick because they jump back to default every time you switch to a differerent variation.., or hit the fill in.

What Bachus fails to realize is that this operating system isn't suddenly new and introduced with the MZX. The OS is almost identical to the PX-560. I paid $1,099 for an arranger workstation.., and out of the box.., one of the most basic functions for music creation is flawed. There was no excuse for such an obvious flaw to make it past their in house testing.

Well my best friend....

I have said this about a hundred times before...

If you dont want these kind of problems, dont be an early adapter... We all know these problems will be solved.. And you immediately got a response from Casio on the facebook pagina...

Just look at the topic title, it just screams with emotion.... read this! ... Totally overdone...

Such a huge failure and it took you about 2 days of owning the instrument to notice it....

Sure its a bug, and offcourse it should not have been there, but why did you not just add it to your review that was overly possitive? Instead of making a sepperate post for it?

Anyway, in a week or teo, the problem will be resolved by a patch... So yes, i dont see the problem at all...

#420650 - 04/28/16 01:08 PM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: Bachus]
squeak_D Offline

Bachus.., how I choose to post a topic on this forum requires no direct input from you. Last time I checked.., you are not the forum administrator. I posted this topic to inform others of current issues with the board.., and unless I completely misread the forum title.., this is the General Arranger Forum. Had you taken the time to look past your own misguided arrogance on this topic.., you'd see that I prefaced this post stating the majority of my "very" positive review still stands.

As an owner.., I felt the need to inform potential buyers of a (regardless of what you think) is a major issue to anyone currently looking to the MZX for the production of their own styles and songs. Your personal feelings on how I choose to make the information known to the forum is of no concern to me honestly.

Did I miss some major announcement at Casio Tokyo that they were no longer considered a large (very profitable) corporation, and now lack the resources to do the most basic beta testing with their musical products?

#420651 - 04/28/16 01:20 PM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: squeak_D]
john smies Offline

I guess someone has to call a spade a spade and that means Bachus that you are getting to be very tiresome here and I mean no disrespect. Your comments are very copious indeed and more often than not about keyboards you do not own, have not owned and have no intention of owing. I would tread slightly more carefully here. Particularly if there are folks such as Squeak and LindaFus who speak from personal experience and have every right to be annoyed with Casio and their new product.
I also sympathize with PA4X owners and even Ketron SD7 owners who have also been used as beta testers for way too long and at too high a price. I do not recall Yamaha marketing products that way but I may be wrong there. But let's not get off topic again and stick with the Casio MZ-X500 and the findings of those who can relate to it from personal experience.

regards,
John

#420652 - 04/28/16 01:45 PM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: john smies]
Bachus Offline

I guess someone has to call a spade a spade and that means Bachus that you are getting to be very tiresome here and I mean no disrespect. Your comments are very copious indeed and more often than not about keyboards you do not own, have not owned and have no intention of owing. I would tread slightly more carefully here. Particularly if there are folks such as Squeak and LindaFus who speak from personal experience and have every right to be annoyed with Casio and their new product.
I also sympathize with PA4X owners and even Ketron SD7 owners who have also been used as beta testers for way too long and at too high a price. I do not recall Yamaha marketing products that way but I may be wrong there. But let's not get off topic again and stick with the Casio MZ-X500 and the findings of those who can relate to it from personal experience.

regards,
John

No, my comments are based on common sense... And offcourse very copious in nature...

Because i am only saying a single thing...

Casio in this case promisses to resolve the issue with one of the next patches, they are working on it, and there is no need for all this fuzz and show....

Yes, there is a bug, and yes Casio is communiticating about it openly and admitting it, and working on resolving it.

So yes, copious as i keep repeating myself...

People should learn that its almost impossible to release these products witouth bugs, and if they cant live with these bugs, they should not be early addaptars, how hard is that to understand?

If you want flawlessly working products from the start, be prepared to pay double what you pay now, because thats how expensive inhouse testing is...

But then i will shut up on this issue.... And will remind you of this discussion with every new keyboard released from now on....because history will repeat itselves with every new keyboard release....and it seems people are not prepared to learn from this, as it has been going on as long as i am visiting the synthzone arranger boards...

Time learns there is not such a thing as anew keyboard that does not have any bugs.... And therefor it is much more important how a company communicates about these issues and how fast they resolve the problems in the software then the fact that there is a bug.

Edited by Bachus (04/28/16 01:50 PM)

#420653 - 04/28/16 01:45 PM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: john smies]
LindaFus Offline

regards,
John

clap

#420661 - 04/28/16 03:20 PM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: LindaFus]
rattley Offline

Loc: Punta Gorda Florida USA
Dammit!!! I missed the FedEx guy today. He has my DEFECTIVE Casio MZX-500 in his truck........ Delivery rescheduled for tomorrow.

Despite this post I'm still looking forward and even excited about getting my paws on this board! My Tyros 5 (and 4, 3,2) had several bugs in their beginnings. Yamaha addressed them and I expect Casio to do the same.

Wish me luck with my new toy!!! -charley

#420662 - 04/28/16 03:31 PM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: rattley]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: rattley
Dammit!!! I missed the FedEx guy today. He has my DEFECTIVE Casio MZX-500 in his truck........ Delivery rescheduled for tomorrow.

Despite this post I'm still looking forward and even excited about getting my paws on this board! My Tyros 5 (and 4, 3,2) had several bugs in their beginnings. Yamaha addressed them and I expect Casio to do the same.

good luck Charley look forward to your honest review of the MZ x500

#420664 - 04/28/16 03:51 PM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: rattley]
LindaFus Offline

Congrats! Your going to LOVE your defective MZX!!! I can not stop playing mine. Let us know how you like it when you finally meet up with the FEDEX guy!

Originally Posted By: rattley

#420927 - 05/03/16 06:50 PM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: LindaFus]
tom moon Offline

OK, so it's been the "week" that Bachus suggested we wait for a fix....I just scanned the Casio forums and this forum and....NADA! My concern isn't that Casio wasn't able to arrive at a fix in such short order, it's that they didn't communicate!
This is a big launch for Casio, and they've spent $$ to bring in folks like Rich Formadoni to help them reach pro and semi-pro users. I was surprised to see very little communication from Casio regarding this flaw....which I believe to be more than a "bug" and likely requiring more than a small patch. That's credibility squandered right there.
I was ready to purchase this board...now, simply because of the indifference Casio has displayed, I will wait. To repeat: Staying away not because of the flaw, but because of the way the flaw is being handled.

Edited by tom moon (05/03/16 06:51 PM)

#420934 - 05/03/16 09:45 PM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: tom moon]
Bachus Offline

OK, so it's been the "week" that Bachus suggested we wait for a fix....I just scanned the Casio forums and this forum and....NADA! My concern isn't that Casio wasn't able to arrive at a fix in such short order, it's that they didn't communicate!
This is a big launch for Casio, and they've spent $$ to bring in folks like Rich Formadoni to help them reach pro and semi-pro users. I was surprised to see very little communication from Casio regarding this flaw....which I believe to be more than a "bug" and likely requiring more than a small patch. That's credibility squandered right there.
I was ready to purchase this board...now, simply because of the indifference Casio has displayed, I will wait. To repeat: Staying away not because of the flaw, but because of the way the flaw is being handled.

They did communicate,

Just not on this forum.

They are working on it.

Edited by Bachus (05/03/16 09:46 PM)

#420977 - 05/04/16 08:03 PM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: Bachus]
tom moon Offline

That's great to hear they're working on it. Guess I'm puzzled because this is an international product launch and this here forum is one of the most active on the net in this particular niche....it's certainly a place to update customers and potential customers, at any rate.

#420978 - 05/04/16 10:37 PM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: tom moon]
Bachus Offline

That's great to hear they're working on it. Guess I'm puzzled because this is an international product launch and this here forum is one of the most active on the net in this particular niche....it's certainly a place to update customers and potential customers, at any rate.

Actually this is just a very minor forum... Casio choose to react to this topic on facebook, where the first questions arised...

Currently there is no ETA of a patch yet...

Edited by Bachus (05/04/16 10:38 PM)

#420992 - 05/05/16 08:36 AM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: squeak_D]
DanO1 Offline

Squeak ... What is the status from Casio ?

#420993 - 05/05/16 11:00 AM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: Bachus]
tom moon Offline

Bachus, I just looked at the Casio music FB presence and could not find anything showing the company's response to these issues. Maybe the idea is you have to sign up as a member of the MX forum to get the news? Pls provide us a link! We might be "small" but our money spends the same....

#420998 - 05/05/16 12:45 PM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: squeak_D]
squeak_D Offline

DanO.., still no word from Casio on an ETA for the next update.

Tom.., Mike Martin responded directly to my post on the MZX Facebook group stating Casio is aware of the problems and are "supposed" to address them with another firmware update. Even Ralph Maten responded to my posts reporting the same problems. Curious where Rich Formidoni is though.., as Casio was able to pull him from Korg.., but all we've seen with him was a few very short demos at NAMM.

#421021 - 05/06/16 07:55 AM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: squeak_D]
DanO1 Offline

I don't think Casio is going to fix this problem.

#421024 - 05/06/16 08:27 AM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: DanO1]
Happy Birthday tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By: DanO1

Dan ... I have no interest in the Casio, but I would like to know why you think this ... "Inquiring minds want to know" wink

#421025 - 05/06/16 09:14 AM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: tony mads usa]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: tony mads usa

Dan ... I have no interest in the Casio, but I would like to know why you think this ... "Inquiring minds want to know" wink

Same here, why? Maybe there is some facts to back up this statement, but witouth reasoning it sounds like a meaningless remark..

#421026 - 05/06/16 09:16 AM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: tom moon]
Bachus Offline

Bachus, I just looked at the Casio music FB presence and could not find anything showing the company's response to these issues. Maybe the idea is you have to sign up as a member of the MX forum to get the news? Pls provide us a link! We might be "small" but our money spends the same....

this group on facebook

He said they where aware of the problem and are working on a solution...

In the same post on facebook, yesterday i asked for an eta on the patch, to which Mike Martin hasnt responded yet.

Edited by Bachus (05/06/16 09:21 AM)

#421027 - 05/06/16 09:38 AM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: squeak_D]
DanO1 Offline

I follow the concerns posted on the FB page. There is no update on the progress. I'm skeptical.

#421029 - 05/06/16 12:15 PM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: DanO1]
Bachus Offline

I follow the concerns posted on the FB page. There is no update on the progress. I'm skeptical.

Really? And so when did you loose hope for humanity as a whole?

This is not skeptical, miracles dont excist man, so dont expect them... Or even worse, dont be dissapointed when miracles dont happen...

#421031 - 05/06/16 12:49 PM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: squeak_D]
squeak_D Offline

I'm optimistic Casio will fix it. Turns out the PX-560 had a similar mixer issue as well.., and Casio patched it. I still say however.., there is no way Casio didn't know about the problem prior to shipping the MZX's. I think it was just a case of what is now the norm.., "rush it to market..., bugs and all.., fix it later".

#421033 - 05/06/16 01:03 PM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: squeak_D]
Bachus Offline

I'm optimistic Casio will fix it. Turns out the PX-560 had a similar mixer issue as well.., and Casio patched it. I still say however.., there is no way Casio didn't know about the problem prior to shipping the MZX's. I think it was just a case of what is now the norm.., "rush it to market..., bugs and all.., fix it later".

Just a simple question, how much experience do you have with releasing software patches?

Often old faults sneak back in when new ones are repaired.
Or the non functioning part is a cover up for a bug that could hard crash the whole isntrument as soon as the missing function gets used.

Again i must defend Casio(or any other company) because witouth all the facts you just cant make reliable assumtions on what and why...

Point is they noticed and promissed a repair as soon as they could..

Point is also they dont give an eta yet... Why?? Who knows? could be company pollicy, could be Mike Martin having no direct line to the Casio developers in Japan? Or it could be the developers having no clue yet how to solve it... But then maybe the problem is allready solved and being tested internally for an upcomming patch...

Witouth more open and honest communication we will not know, i think that customers are entitled to more information about bugs then the current " we are working on it". So the intial action of Casio top knotch... Yet now after more then 10 days they definately should have an update for their customers.

#421060 - 05/07/16 04:45 AM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: squeak_D]
spalding1968 Offline

Well I don't have much experience in product launches in terms of software products but I have been in business for while and I know this, it takes many years to build up a solid trustworthy brand and only minutes to destroy it .I'm not saying Casio is in great danger of destroying its brand but it has seriously taken a dent in this sorry episode and I am confident that many potential purchasers happen either delayed or been put off altogether in purchasing this new product by this mishap .

Casio and other keyboard manufacturers would be good to remember that good news travels fast but bad news travels faster and stays in memories longer.

#421083 - 05/07/16 01:16 PM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: spalding1968]
Bachus Offline

Well I don't have much experience in product launches in terms of software products but I have been in business for while and I know this, it takes many years to build up a solid trustworthy brand and only minutes to destroy it .I'm not saying Casio is in great danger of destroying its brand but it has seriously taken a dent in this sorry episode and I am confident that many potential purchasers happen either delayed or been put off altogether in purchasing this new product by this mishap .

Casio and other keyboard manufacturers would be good to remember that good news travels fast but bad news travels faster and stays in memories longer.

Except for this one single bug, there is only possitive and good things to read, hear and see abouth these instruments...

You still make it sound like this is a failed product launch, while it actually is a huge success...

#421086 - 05/07/16 02:40 PM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: squeak_D]
spalding1968 Offline

What in your mind qualifies as a huge success ? And where are you getting your information from ?

I hope it's not the same source that convinced you the Yamaha montage would have an on board sequencer ....

#421087 - 05/07/16 03:59 PM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: Bachus]
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands

Except for this one single bug, there is only possitive and good things to read, hear and see abouth these instruments...

That's because if you write something negative your message get deleted on facebook and the casio forum.

Edited by FransN (05/07/16 04:00 PM)

#421088 - 05/07/16 04:48 PM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: FransN]
AlenK Offline

Loc: Great White North
Originally Posted By: FransN

That's because if you write something negative your message get deleted on facebook and the casio forum.

I dispute this. Please provide proof of posts that were deleted because they reported negative things.

Edited by AlenK (05/07/16 04:53 PM)

#421099 - 05/08/16 12:27 AM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: spalding1968]
Bachus Offline

What in your mind qualifies as a huge success ? And where are you getting your information from ?

I hope it's not the same source that convinced you the Yamaha montage would have an on board sequencer ....

Wayt and see....
Its huge in those places where people actually still buy arangers
And thats huge parts of Asia..
Just point me out a single negative review so far...

And actually there is an onboard sequencer....on the montage..
You just cant edit your rcordings, but you can record them..
And i never quoted a source on them, if i made that claim, of which i am not entirely sure, it must have been either based on my intuition or someone elses...

But then if you want to get your own opinion about the mz-x just do like me, read the manuall and then go out to a local music store and play the instrument. Thats the only way to get a fair opinion.

The mz-x should be in stores here in the next few weeks, then you will get my personal opinion on the mz-x500.

#421100 - 05/08/16 12:31 AM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: AlenK]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: AlenK
Originally Posted By: FransN

I dispute this. Please provide proof of posts that were deleted because they reported negative things.

Its an assumption, there was once a discussion that got deleted not because of negative comments, but because people got to excited and played the person instead of the facts.

Its like throwing mud, just to throw mud... Because a casio instrument must have huge criticisme, because well, its a casio, isnt it?

#421102 - 05/08/16 01:03 AM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: Bachus]
spalding1968 Offline

Firstly the montage does not have an internal sequencer . Even Yamaha don't claim that the inbuilt " motion sequencer " is a real sequencer which was the basis of much debate prior to its reveal . A number of the forum members expressed concerns if it did not have a real sequencer, it would not appeal to them and you basically poured ridicule on those concerns .You were completely wrong then based upon just your "intuition " which s just another way of saying pure speculation and wild baseless guesses .

And now you claim the new Casio arranger keyboard is a huge success but when I ask you a fairly simple question about what basis you claim this to be true , you hint at arranger sales in Asia but no specific or even general numbers ? You have not a single source and your evidence is the lack of negative reviews and for me to wait and see ?

Tell me something Bacchus , if a negative review was posted in Japanese or Chinese or Arabic how would you know whether it was negative or not ? Do you speak those languages ?

if 20 Casio arrangers were bought since launch and no one posted a negative review or any review does that mean the launch as hugely successful ?

How about you take your own advice ? If you don't know the truth behind what you claim don't make those claims !!! Simply wait and see ...

I have really lost some respect for your opinions recently ( not you personally ) especially after the misrepresentation you made over at the korg forum about Squeaks problem with his brand new Casio . Just be clear when you make any claims that you don't have any specific facts on or just say it's mere speculation and no harm is done

#421104 - 05/08/16 05:24 AM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: spalding1968]
rosetree
Unregistered

Firstly the montage does not have an internal sequencer . Even Yamaha don't claim that the inbuilt " motion sequencer " is a real sequencer which was the basis of much debate prior to its reveal .

A week ago there was some confusion in the German forum whether the Montage would not even allow for the recording of one track after the other. But that fear turned out to be wrong, so what you can definitely do is to record single tracks one after the other, but you can't edit anything on board. So I would call it a very basic sequencer without editing functionality.
I think this is disappointing, not enough to qualify as a workstation, and in that sense Bachus was indeed too optimistic (and sounded very convinced of his expectations). But to say that there is no real sequencer at all isn't really true either IMHO.

Edited by rosetree (05/08/16 05:28 AM)

#421110 - 05/08/16 07:12 AM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: squeak_D]
spalding1968 Offline

I think everyone was hoping the montage would have a fully featured sequencer and not just an onboard recorder smiliar to the Tyros . Whatever the semantics ,it does not have a sequencer in the way that the motif did ,and it was in that context the sequencer was being talked about . In that context it clearly does not have a real sequencer . Anyway let's agree however it is described, in reality it is severely restrictive to record ,edit and produce original music like a true workstation . Sorry for hijacking this thread .

Edited by spalding1968 (05/08/16 07:26 AM)

#421114 - 05/08/16 09:41 AM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: squeak_D]
DanO1 Offline

Back to the MZX. I believe that time is of the essence for a fix.

Why? Most buyers of this product have a 30 day full refund on the purchase, with no questions asked.

If there are no updates, I am certain loyal Casio customers are debating on returning the keyboard.

#421116 - 05/08/16 10:30 AM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: squeak_D]
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Dan,
I just saw your post about playing standard midi files on your CGP700. I have one on display in my store and I have no problems playing a standard midi file directly from the USB drive.
(Retired 2021)

#421119 - 05/08/16 11:27 AM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: spalding1968]
Bachus Offline

Firstly the montage does not have an internal sequencer . Even Yamaha don't claim that the inbuilt " motion sequencer " is a real sequencer which was the basis of much debate prior to its reveal . A number of the forum members expressed concerns if it did not have a real sequencer, it would not appeal to them and you basically poured ridicule on those concerns .You were completely wrong then based upon just your "intuition " which s just another way of saying pure speculation and wild baseless guesses .

And now you claim the new Casio arranger keyboard is a huge success but when I ask you a fairly simple question about what basis you claim this to be true , you hint at arranger sales in Asia but no specific or even general numbers ? You have not a single source and your evidence is the lack of negative reviews and for me to wait and see ?

Tell me something Bacchus , if a negative review was posted in Japanese or Chinese or Arabic how would you know whether it was negative or not ? Do you speak those languages ?

if 20 Casio arrangers were bought since launch and no one posted a negative review or any review does that mean the launch as hugely successful ?

How about you take your own advice ? If you don't know the truth behind what you claim don't make those claims !!! Simply wait and see ...

I have really lost some respect for your opinions recently ( not you personally ) especially after the misrepresentation you made over at the korg forum about Squeaks problem with his brand new Casio . Just be clear when you make any claims that you don't have any specific facts on or just say it's mere speculation and no harm is done

The whole topic on The korg forum never linked directly to any other post...om any other forum...

Next to that witouth the emotions of having a default product in your hands... Everyone on the korg forums agreed that bug free electronic instruments are an illusion... Which again proves my point...

And again... Its you making a direct attack on the person and not on the facts ( altough you say it is not, its still is a direct attack). But dont worry, i can handle it. And will stick to my own reasoning...

#421121 - 05/08/16 01:22 PM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: George Kaye]
DanO1 Offline

Thanks George...

#421135 - 05/08/16 09:58 PM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: DanO1]
Bachus Offline

Back to the MZX. I believe that time is of the essence for a fix.

Why? Most buyers of this product have a 30 day full refund on the purchase, with no questions asked.

If there are no updates, I am certain loyal Casio customers are debating on returning the keyboard.

thats a definate possibiliity, 30 day money back guarantee..

yet despite this one bug, people that actually own the product seem very very happy with it... So who knows if they will return it, or have enough trust in Casio to wayt for the next patch...

#421161 - 05/10/16 07:31 AM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: Bachus]
tom moon Offline

Bachus wrote: So who knows if they will return it, or have enough trust in Casio to wayt for the next patch...

That's the point, though: Casio has done nothing to earn that trust. If you wait past the 30 day return, that's a big gamble given how little information Casio has provided. Communicating to a membership forum group on FB will not cut it.

#421164 - 05/10/16 09:00 AM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: squeak_D]
DanO1 Offline

I was selling arranger keyboards in 1988. I was thinking, when was the last time Casio offered a $800 to $1100 arranger keyboard ?

MZ-2000 ?

Edited by DanO1 (05/10/16 09:02 AM)

#421165 - 05/10/16 09:20 AM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: tom moon]
Bachus Offline

Bachus wrote: So who knows if they will return it, or have enough trust in Casio to wayt for the next patch...

That's the point, though: Casio has done nothing to earn that trust. If you wait past the 30 day return, that's a big gamble given how little information Casio has provided. Communicating to a membership forum group on FB will not cut it.

they communicated with the only person that we know that actually complained to them about this... on the media theysaw it forst, in this case the facebookpage..

Again you are trying to make this sound worse as it is... how many people have threatened to send their Casio back ?

#421181 - 05/10/16 07:55 PM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: Bachus]
tom moon Offline

not trying to make anything regarding this board seem better or worse!

I'm a potential customer (or....was a potential customer) who has been put off by the issues with the board -- and, more significantly, by Casio's lack of communication. I want Casio to succeed here. But not to the point where I'll hand over $1000 for an expensive doorstop with disco lights.

Casio has a choice here: Acknowledge the issue and communicate about a remedy, or don't.

#421187 - 05/11/16 03:00 AM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: tom moon]
Bachus Offline

not trying to make anything regarding this board seem better or worse!

I'm a potential customer (or....was a potential customer) who has been put off by the issues with the board -- and, more significantly, by Casio's lack of communication. I want Casio to succeed here. But not to the point where I'll hand over $1000 for an expensive doorstop with disco lights.

Casio has a choice here: Acknowledge the issue and communicate about a remedy, or don't.

They are communicating with the one person that reported the bug...

Did you try and communicate with Casio yourself?

Mike Martin is quite open, and if you contact him, he will certainly give you an answer on your question...

#421492 - 05/20/16 09:55 AM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: squeak_D]
DanO1 Offline

Any updates from Casio ?

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online