SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 7 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#421025 - 05/06/16 09:14 AM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: tony mads usa]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: tony mads usa
Originally Posted By: DanO1
I don't think Casio is going to fix this problem.

Dan ... I have no interest in the Casio, but I would like to know why you think this ... "Inquiring minds want to know" wink

Same here, why? Maybe there is some facts to back up this statement, but witouth reasoning it sounds like a meaningless remark..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#421026 - 05/06/16 09:16 AM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: tom moon]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: tom moon
Bachus, I just looked at the Casio music FB presence and could not find anything showing the company's response to these issues. Maybe the idea is you have to sign up as a member of the MX forum to get the news? Pls provide us a link! We might be "small" but our money spends the same....

this group on facebook

He said they where aware of the problem and are working on a solution...

In the same post on facebook, yesterday i asked for an eta on the patch, to which Mike Martin hasnt responded yet.

Edited by Bachus (05/06/16 09:21 AM)

#421027 - 05/06/16 09:38 AM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: squeak_D]
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
I follow the concerns posted on the FB page. There is no update on the progress. I'm skeptical.

#421029 - 05/06/16 12:15 PM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: DanO1]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: DanO1
I follow the concerns posted on the FB page. There is no update on the progress. I'm skeptical.

Really? And so when did you loose hope for humanity as a whole?

This is not skeptical, miracles dont excist man, so dont expect them... Or even worse, dont be dissapointed when miracles dont happen...

#421031 - 05/06/16 12:49 PM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: squeak_D]
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
I'm optimistic Casio will fix it. Turns out the PX-560 had a similar mixer issue as well.., and Casio patched it. I still say however.., there is no way Casio didn't know about the problem prior to shipping the MZX's. I think it was just a case of what is now the norm.., "rush it to market..., bugs and all.., fix it later".
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#421033 - 05/06/16 01:03 PM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: squeak_D]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: squeak_D
I'm optimistic Casio will fix it. Turns out the PX-560 had a similar mixer issue as well.., and Casio patched it. I still say however.., there is no way Casio didn't know about the problem prior to shipping the MZX's. I think it was just a case of what is now the norm.., "rush it to market..., bugs and all.., fix it later".

Just a simple question, how much experience do you have with releasing software patches?

Often old faults sneak back in when new ones are repaired.
Or the non functioning part is a cover up for a bug that could hard crash the whole isntrument as soon as the missing function gets used.

Again i must defend Casio(or any other company) because witouth all the facts you just cant make reliable assumtions on what and why...

Point is they noticed and promissed a repair as soon as they could..

Point is also they dont give an eta yet... Why?? Who knows? could be company pollicy, could be Mike Martin having no direct line to the Casio developers in Japan? Or it could be the developers having no clue yet how to solve it... But then maybe the problem is allready solved and being tested internally for an upcomming patch...

Witouth more open and honest communication we will not know, i think that customers are entitled to more information about bugs then the current " we are working on it". So the intial action of Casio top knotch... Yet now after more then 10 days they definately should have an update for their customers.

#421060 - 05/07/16 04:45 AM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: squeak_D]
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Well I don't have much experience in product launches in terms of software products but I have been in business for while and I know this, it takes many years to build up a solid trustworthy brand and only minutes to destroy it .I'm not saying Casio is in great danger of destroying its brand but it has seriously taken a dent in this sorry episode and I am confident that many potential purchasers happen either delayed or been put off altogether in purchasing this new product by this mishap .

Casio and other keyboard manufacturers would be good to remember that good news travels fast but bad news travels faster and stays in memories longer.

#421083 - 05/07/16 01:16 PM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: spalding1968]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: spalding1968
Well I don't have much experience in product launches in terms of software products but I have been in business for while and I know this, it takes many years to build up a solid trustworthy brand and only minutes to destroy it .I'm not saying Casio is in great danger of destroying its brand but it has seriously taken a dent in this sorry episode and I am confident that many potential purchasers happen either delayed or been put off altogether in purchasing this new product by this mishap .

Casio and other keyboard manufacturers would be good to remember that good news travels fast but bad news travels faster and stays in memories longer.

Except for this one single bug, there is only possitive and good things to read, hear and see abouth these instruments...

You still make it sound like this is a failed product launch, while it actually is a huge success...

#421086 - 05/07/16 02:40 PM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: squeak_D]
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
What in your mind qualifies as a huge success ? And where are you getting your information from ?

I hope it's not the same source that convinced you the Yamaha montage would have an on board sequencer ....

#421087 - 05/07/16 03:59 PM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: Bachus]
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Originally Posted By: Bachus

Except for this one single bug, there is only possitive and good things to read, hear and see abouth these instruments...

That's because if you write something negative your message get deleted on facebook and the casio forum.

Edited by FransN (05/07/16 04:00 PM)

Page 7 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online