SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 6 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#420664 - 04/28/16 03:51 PM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: rattley]
LindaFus Offline

Loc: Ledyard, CT USA
Congrats! Your going to LOVE your defective MZX!!! I can not stop playing mine. Let us know how you like it when you finally meet up with the FEDEX guy!

Originally Posted By: rattley
Dammit!!! I missed the FedEx guy today. He has my DEFECTIVE Casio MZX-500 in his truck........ Delivery rescheduled for tomorrow.

Despite this post I'm still looking forward and even excited about getting my paws on this board! My Tyros 5 (and 4, 3,2) had several bugs in their beginnings. Yamaha addressed them and I expect Casio to do the same.

Wish me luck with my new toy!!! -charley

#420927 - 05/03/16 06:50 PM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: LindaFus]
tom moon Offline

Loc: Haddonfield, NJ, USA
OK, so it's been the "week" that Bachus suggested we wait for a fix....I just scanned the Casio forums and this forum and....NADA! My concern isn't that Casio wasn't able to arrive at a fix in such short order, it's that they didn't communicate!
This is a big launch for Casio, and they've spent $$ to bring in folks like Rich Formadoni to help them reach pro and semi-pro users. I was surprised to see very little communication from Casio regarding this flaw....which I believe to be more than a "bug" and likely requiring more than a small patch. That's credibility squandered right there.
I was ready to purchase this board...now, simply because of the indifference Casio has displayed, I will wait. To repeat: Staying away not because of the flaw, but because of the way the flaw is being handled.

Edited by tom moon (05/03/16 06:51 PM)

#420934 - 05/03/16 09:45 PM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: tom moon]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: tom moon
OK, so it's been the "week" that Bachus suggested we wait for a fix....I just scanned the Casio forums and this forum and....NADA! My concern isn't that Casio wasn't able to arrive at a fix in such short order, it's that they didn't communicate!
This is a big launch for Casio, and they've spent $$ to bring in folks like Rich Formadoni to help them reach pro and semi-pro users. I was surprised to see very little communication from Casio regarding this flaw....which I believe to be more than a "bug" and likely requiring more than a small patch. That's credibility squandered right there.
I was ready to purchase this board...now, simply because of the indifference Casio has displayed, I will wait. To repeat: Staying away not because of the flaw, but because of the way the flaw is being handled.

They did communicate,

Just not on this forum.

They are working on it.

Edited by Bachus (05/03/16 09:46 PM)

http://keyszone.boards.net

#420977 - 05/04/16 08:03 PM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: Bachus]
tom moon Offline

That's great to hear they're working on it. Guess I'm puzzled because this is an international product launch and this here forum is one of the most active on the net in this particular niche....it's certainly a place to update customers and potential customers, at any rate.

#420978 - 05/04/16 10:37 PM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: tom moon]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: tom moon
That's great to hear they're working on it. Guess I'm puzzled because this is an international product launch and this here forum is one of the most active on the net in this particular niche....it's certainly a place to update customers and potential customers, at any rate.

Actually this is just a very minor forum... Casio choose to react to this topic on facebook, where the first questions arised...

Currently there is no ETA of a patch yet...

Edited by Bachus (05/04/16 10:38 PM)

http://keyszone.boards.net

#420992 - 05/05/16 08:36 AM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: squeak_D]
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Squeak ... What is the status from Casio ?

#420993 - 05/05/16 11:00 AM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: Bachus]
tom moon Offline

Bachus, I just looked at the Casio music FB presence and could not find anything showing the company's response to these issues. Maybe the idea is you have to sign up as a member of the MX forum to get the news? Pls provide us a link! We might be "small" but our money spends the same....

#420998 - 05/05/16 12:45 PM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: squeak_D]
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
DanO.., still no word from Casio on an ETA for the next update.

Tom.., Mike Martin responded directly to my post on the MZX Facebook group stating Casio is aware of the problems and are "supposed" to address them with another firmware update. Even Ralph Maten responded to my posts reporting the same problems. Curious where Rich Formidoni is though.., as Casio was able to pull him from Korg.., but all we've seen with him was a few very short demos at NAMM.
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#421021 - 05/06/16 07:55 AM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: squeak_D]
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
I don't think Casio is going to fix this problem.

#421024 - 05/06/16 08:27 AM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: DanO1]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By: DanO1
I don't think Casio is going to fix this problem.

Dan ... I have no interest in the Casio, but I would like to know why you think this ... "Inquiring minds want to know" wink

Page 6 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online