SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#420644 - 04/28/16 12:26 PM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: squeak_D]
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
It's a shame casio is not as protective of its reputation as you are Bachus . Had they been , they would not have released a product with such a significant and obvious fault .

Squeak said he uses his arranger to create his own styles and music .i do the same with my korg . Squeak dropped close to a thousand dollars probably for it . Right now he can't use his instrument in the way he wants to as it was advertised . Do you think it's a minor problem to him ?

When Casio fix the problem all will be well I am sure but until then, they have earned every line of bad publicity as do all manufacturers that put out an incomplete product . The Kronos survived and do will this product if ultimately it can deliver the goods .

Edited by spalding1968 (04/28/16 12:29 PM)

#420645 - 04/28/16 12:39 PM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: spalding1968]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: spalding1968
It's a shame casio is not as protective of its reputation as you are Bachus . Had they been , they would not have released a product with such a significant and obvious fault .

Squeak said he uses his arranger to create his own styles and music .i do the same with my korg . Squeak dropped close to a thousand dollars probably for it . Right now he can't use his instrument in the way he wants to as it was advertised . Do you think it's a minor problem to him ?

When Casio fix the problem all will be well I am sure but until then, they have earned every line of bad publicity as do all manufacturers that put out an incomplete product . The Kronos survived and do will this product if ultimately it can deliver the goods .

You might be a great musician....

But you have obviously no clue how hard it is to get a software based product working flawlesly... Espescially with no beta testers around to test the software.... Microsoft uses millions of testers all over the world and fails releasing software witouth bugs... What makes you believe Casio (or korg for that) could release software of this magnitude witouth bugs?

We are talking a single little bug, blown out of proportions..... Just look at the topic title screaming for your attention, thats whats not fair... To Casio.. ( as well some comments here about the pa4x being a buggy keyboard not worth your money)

http://keyszone.boards.net

#420648 - 04/28/16 12:41 PM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: spalding1968]
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia

Exactly! This isn't some minor problem. I create my own styles and songs. The mixer issue greatly affects my ability to do so. Intersting how Bachus has so much to say about a bug reported about a keyboard (that so far as I can tell).., he doesn't even own. Sorry.., but it's laughable to call this a minor bug when it essentially affects the whole board.

You can't even make mixer adjustments in normal style play mode and have them stick because they jump back to default every time you switch to a differerent variation.., or hit the fill in.

What Bachus fails to realize is that this operating system isn't suddenly new and introduced with the MZX. The OS is almost identical to the PX-560. I paid $1,099 for an arranger workstation.., and out of the box.., one of the most basic functions for music creation is flawed. There was no excuse for such an obvious flaw to make it past their in house testing.
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#420649 - 04/28/16 12:52 PM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: squeak_D]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: squeak_D

Exactly! This isn't some minor problem. I create my own styles and songs. The mixer issue greatly affects my ability to do so. Intersting how Bachus has so much to say about a bug reported about a keyboard (that so far as I can tell).., he doesn't even own. Sorry.., but it's laughable to call this a minor bug when it essentially affects the whole board.

You can't even make mixer adjustments in normal style play mode and have them stick because they jump back to default every time you switch to a differerent variation.., or hit the fill in.

What Bachus fails to realize is that this operating system isn't suddenly new and introduced with the MZX. The OS is almost identical to the PX-560. I paid $1,099 for an arranger workstation.., and out of the box.., one of the most basic functions for music creation is flawed. There was no excuse for such an obvious flaw to make it past their in house testing.

Well my best friend....

I have said this about a hundred times before...

If you dont want these kind of problems, dont be an early adapter... We all know these problems will be solved.. And you immediately got a response from Casio on the facebook pagina...

Just look at the topic title, it just screams with emotion.... read this! ... Totally overdone...

Such a huge failure and it took you about 2 days of owning the instrument to notice it....

Sure its a bug, and offcourse it should not have been there, but why did you not just add it to your review that was overly possitive? Instead of making a sepperate post for it?

Anyway, in a week or teo, the problem will be resolved by a patch... So yes, i dont see the problem at all...

#420650 - 04/28/16 01:08 PM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: Bachus]
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Bachus.., how I choose to post a topic on this forum requires no direct input from you. Last time I checked.., you are not the forum administrator. I posted this topic to inform others of current issues with the board.., and unless I completely misread the forum title.., this is the General Arranger Forum. Had you taken the time to look past your own misguided arrogance on this topic.., you'd see that I prefaced this post stating the majority of my "very" positive review still stands.

As an owner.., I felt the need to inform potential buyers of a (regardless of what you think) is a major issue to anyone currently looking to the MZX for the production of their own styles and songs. Your personal feelings on how I choose to make the information known to the forum is of no concern to me honestly.

Did I miss some major announcement at Casio Tokyo that they were no longer considered a large (very profitable) corporation, and now lack the resources to do the most basic beta testing with their musical products?
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#420651 - 04/28/16 01:20 PM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: squeak_D]
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.

I guess someone has to call a spade a spade and that means Bachus that you are getting to be very tiresome here and I mean no disrespect. Your comments are very copious indeed and more often than not about keyboards you do not own, have not owned and have no intention of owing. I would tread slightly more carefully here. Particularly if there are folks such as Squeak and LindaFus who speak from personal experience and have every right to be annoyed with Casio and their new product.
I also sympathize with PA4X owners and even Ketron SD7 owners who have also been used as beta testers for way too long and at too high a price. I do not recall Yamaha marketing products that way but I may be wrong there. But let's not get off topic again and stick with the Casio MZ-X500 and the findings of those who can relate to it from personal experience.

regards,
John

#420652 - 04/28/16 01:45 PM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: john smies]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: john smies

I guess someone has to call a spade a spade and that means Bachus that you are getting to be very tiresome here and I mean no disrespect. Your comments are very copious indeed and more often than not about keyboards you do not own, have not owned and have no intention of owing. I would tread slightly more carefully here. Particularly if there are folks such as Squeak and LindaFus who speak from personal experience and have every right to be annoyed with Casio and their new product.
I also sympathize with PA4X owners and even Ketron SD7 owners who have also been used as beta testers for way too long and at too high a price. I do not recall Yamaha marketing products that way but I may be wrong there. But let's not get off topic again and stick with the Casio MZ-X500 and the findings of those who can relate to it from personal experience.

regards,
John

No, my comments are based on common sense... And offcourse very copious in nature...

Because i am only saying a single thing...

Casio in this case promisses to resolve the issue with one of the next patches, they are working on it, and there is no need for all this fuzz and show....

Yes, there is a bug, and yes Casio is communiticating about it openly and admitting it, and working on resolving it.

So yes, copious as i keep repeating myself...

People should learn that its almost impossible to release these products witouth bugs, and if they cant live with these bugs, they should not be early addaptars, how hard is that to understand?

If you want flawlessly working products from the start, be prepared to pay double what you pay now, because thats how expensive inhouse testing is...

But then i will shut up on this issue.... And will remind you of this discussion with every new keyboard released from now on....because history will repeat itselves with every new keyboard release....and it seems people are not prepared to learn from this, as it has been going on as long as i am visiting the synthzone arranger boards...

Time learns there is not such a thing as anew keyboard that does not have any bugs.... And therefor it is much more important how a company communicates about these issues and how fast they resolve the problems in the software then the fact that there is a bug.

Edited by Bachus (04/28/16 01:50 PM)

#420653 - 04/28/16 01:45 PM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: john smies]
LindaFus Offline

Loc: Ledyard, CT USA
Originally Posted By: john smies

regards,
John

clap

#420661 - 04/28/16 03:20 PM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: LindaFus]
rattley Offline

Loc: Punta Gorda Florida USA
Dammit!!! I missed the FedEx guy today. He has my DEFECTIVE Casio MZX-500 in his truck........ Delivery rescheduled for tomorrow.

Despite this post I'm still looking forward and even excited about getting my paws on this board! My Tyros 5 (and 4, 3,2) had several bugs in their beginnings. Yamaha addressed them and I expect Casio to do the same.

Wish me luck with my new toy!!! -charley

#420662 - 04/28/16 03:31 PM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: rattley]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: rattley
Dammit!!! I missed the FedEx guy today. He has my DEFECTIVE Casio MZX-500 in his truck........ Delivery rescheduled for tomorrow.

Despite this post I'm still looking forward and even excited about getting my paws on this board! My Tyros 5 (and 4, 3,2) had several bugs in their beginnings. Yamaha addressed them and I expect Casio to do the same.

Wish me luck with my new toy!!! -charley

good luck Charley look forward to your honest review of the MZ x500

Page 5 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online