SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#420561 - 04/27/16 08:42 AM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: squeak_D]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
There are some known bugs in the PA4X and Korg is working to address them. None of them affect the way I use mine. It has been rock-solid!

#420564 - 04/27/16 10:04 AM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: squeak_D]
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
On the Casio CGP-700, I had issues playing a midi file directly off the thumb drive.

Do I need to copy midi file into the sequencer to play. Is this correct ?

#420612 - 04/28/16 05:00 AM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: DanO1]
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.

As I was the one to nearly sidetrack this topic I would like to convey my thanks to squeak and LindaFus for shedding their light on the new Casio arranger and its unfortunate launch. I for one remain interested in this keyboard and am looking forward to more news about the MZ-X500, demos and hopefully they will get their act together there at Casio soon.

regards,
John

#420620 - 04/28/16 06:00 AM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: Bachus]
LindaFus Offline

Loc: Ledyard, CT USA
Bachus - I was not going to respond anymore here but I feel this needs to be replied to. First I am not on 6 different forums nor do I post anything about the MZX on 6 forums. Second, many keyboard players here are NOT on Facebook or the Casio Forums and want information about the board from those that own one. I did not know I needed your permission to discuss this board and I am pretty sure I do not. Third, what is on another forum may not be the same as what is on Synthzone. If you find the information redundant then please move to another thread to HiJack.

I am more then happy to share my experience with the MZX with you. I see your posts on the MZX Facebook page so I know your capable of posting in an appropriate manner but you appear to only want to slam posters here for writing content that is already somewhere else. That can be said for every make and model of Arranger Keyboards that are discussed here.

Please, be an adult and try not to be bickering about the content of a posters responses.

Thank you!

#420623 - 04/28/16 07:30 AM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: LindaFus]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: LindaFus
Bachus - I was not going to respond anymore here but I feel this needs to be replied to. First I am not on 6 different forums nor do I post anything about the MZX on 6 forums. Second, many keyboard players here are NOT on Facebook or the Casio Forums and want information about the board from those that own one. I did not know I needed your permission to discuss this board and I am pretty sure I do not. Third, what is on another forum may not be the same as what is on Synthzone. If you find the information redundant then please move to another thread to HiJack.

I am more then happy to share my experience with the MZX with you. I see your posts on the MZX Facebook page so I know your capable of posting in an appropriate manner but you appear to only want to slam posters here for writing content that is already somewhere else. That can be said for every make and model of Arranger Keyboards that are discussed here.

Please, be an adult and try not to be bickering about the content of a posters responses.

Thank you!

I dont want to slam anyone....

I am only saying that discussing this same topic in seven places at the same time does not really bring anyone anything... I never said you posted them..

I only warned that negativity spreads fast on the interwebs and thats something Casio does not deserve, espescially since this issue will be overcome in one of the next few patches... But google and Bink will make it sound like the issue does still excist and it ends on top of many searches in the years to come...

Back on topic, the issue is a non issue and will be repaired soon...

I would prefer to discuss all the goodness the Casio has to offer instead of concentrating on those few negative bugs, which will be repaired soon as Martin allready stated...

And again, i dont intend to attack anyone, but just warned that posts like this will create a totally wrong picture of the Casio... Espescially since it allready keeps popping up on every other keyboard forum...

Its no use posting bugs overhere where Casio does not read them, espescially if Casio allready responded that they are working on it...

This is a whole different thing as starting discussions about design decissions that where made intentionally. Or shortcommings and overall quallity of an instrument.. Because those are things future buyers should base their decisions on... Sadly we are discussing here a bug, and not the overall features of the MZ-X which should be the case

Edited by Bachus (04/28/16 07:38 AM)

http://keyszone.boards.net

#420628 - 04/28/16 09:08 AM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: Bachus]
LindaFus Offline

Loc: Ledyard, CT USA
Hi Bachus,

I am not posting bugs here for Casio to see them? I am posting the issues because those that own the product may have found a work - a - round until the product is fixed. Also, to talk about what it can do and what I like about it. I already got an idea to try to work around its saving issue.

If you work with software programming you would already know work a rounds are possible. So far, the issue with saving in the mixer has no work a round but maybe someone here has found a way around it? The forums are not only just for discussing what we love about the board but finding ways to help others get around what may not be so good about a board.

No one here is telling folks not to buy the board but clearly, if you bought it to only use those features (some do) they may want to know its faults and may decide to either wait for the fix or find that work-a-round until it is fixed. I would have purchased the MZX bugs and all anyways. I am sure others will as well.

#420629 - 04/28/16 09:08 AM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: squeak_D]
jingleman Offline

Loc: The Villages, FL, USA
Guys...let's be honest here. This is a (as the title infers) a general arranger forum. Where one can visit to get unbiased reviews of all brands of arrangers. Lord knows that everyone of the manufactures have taken their lumps on this forum. Some more than others. This review of The MZ-X500 is extremely appropriate for this forum as it separates company hype from real world experience. I for one am grateful for the reviews posted here as it can only assist the buyer become better informed. Thanks Linda and Squeak

jingleman

#420631 - 04/28/16 09:56 AM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: jingleman]
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.
Originally Posted By: jingleman
Guys...let's be honest here. This is a (as the title infers) a general arranger forum. Where one can visit to get unbiased reviews of all brands of arrangers. Lord knows that everyone of the manufactures have taken their lumps on this forum. Some more than others. This review of The MZ-X500 is extremely appropriate for this forum as it separates company hype from real world experience. I for one am grateful for the reviews posted here as it can only assist the buyer become better informed. Thanks Linda and Squeak

jingleman

clap

#420640 - 04/28/16 11:29 AM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: squeak_D]
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
I for one am glad that honest views and experiences are being posted everywhere warts and all. Buyers should not be allowed to buy a product that isn't finished and if there are problems with it ,then its the manufactures fault if people talk about those problems all over the place. If they want to avoid this kind of bad publicity then get the product tight the first time !! It is a nonsense that buyers are expected to be beta testers because a company cannot be bothered to quality check and properly test the products before they sell them. People should not have to rely upon a potential promise that an organisation might fix the products they have sold to you after they have sold them to you. Where is the incentive to the company once they have your money in their bank accounts?

Just as an example there are many people on the korg forum who are very disappointed with the product they have purchased that doesn't function the waythe manual said it should .

The new Casio arranger could be an outstanding instrument at some point in the future but until it works properly it's just an expensive piece of furniture . I welcome all honest appraisals of new instruments .

Edited by spalding1968 (04/28/16 11:32 AM)

#420641 - 04/28/16 11:40 AM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: jingleman]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: jingleman

jingleman

I dont think blowing up a minor issue all over the internet is honest, espescially since Casio allready said its going to be taken care off....

There is a great review of the Mz-x out on this forum by squeak, that he upgraded two times with new information.... And then he suddenly starts a whole new post blowing a minor issue out of proportions... While allready announced on the facebookgroup (where he posted this to) that the issue is going to be taken care off...

Why not add this remark to his grand review of the MZ-x in another post, where it belongs, and where it would have fit well in contrast to all the highlights of this keyboard... Instead of pulling a single negative comment out of proportions..

I am all for people posting opinions and reviews on the website... I only said that it not entirely fair to Casio to draw all attention to a single negative point... Thats my opinion, and thats whats it is... My opinion.

I will give you an example, of where this kind of posting in the end leads to, the Orriginal Korg Kronos had a small issue with its keybed in the first 3 months after release, yet still every week we still get questions on the Kronos keybed, if it is really as problematic as they have read in those 4 year old posts...

This is how the interwebs work, and this negativity will keep surrounding a certain issue long after it has been resolved....

http://keyszone.boards.net

Page 4 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online