SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#420498 - 04/26/16 11:41 AM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: tom moon]
LindaFus Offline

Loc: Ledyard, CT USA
I agree, none of us want to be negative, however, I am unable to save anything properly to the board so once I am aggravated and wasted my time I want to turn it off and cover it.

Mike Martin is aware and states they are working on it so we know it will be fixed but I was hoping to use my new MZ now not 3 months from now. Sigh
There is no work around for it either I have tried everything. Casio has created a great new machine they just need to make it work according to their manual.

Originally Posted By: tom moon
I hope Mike Martin or someone at Casio becomes proactive and acknowledges these problems and provides a timetable for the fix. it's troubling to watch a launch for a potentially great product turn sour....it's stating the obvious, but the MZ is basically DOA until this is addressed. Casio has made great strides in the pro market but they will quickly lose those strides and whatever goodwill remains if they don't act swiftly.....

#420499 - 04/26/16 11:49 AM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: LindaFus]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: LindaFus
I agree, none of us want to be negative, however, I am unable to save anything properly to the board so once I am aggravated and wasted my time I want to turn it off and cover it.

Mike Martin is aware and states they are working on it so we know it will be fixed but I was hoping to use my new MZ now not 3 months from now. Sigh
There is no work around for it either I have tried everything. Casio has created a great new machine they just need to make it work according to their manual.

Originally Posted By: tom moon
I hope Mike Martin or someone at Casio becomes proactive and acknowledges these problems and provides a timetable for the fix. it's troubling to watch a launch for a potentially great product turn sour....it's stating the obvious, but the MZ is basically DOA until this is addressed. Casio has made great strides in the pro market but they will quickly lose those strides and whatever goodwill remains if they don't act swiftly.....

I think, the problem has been recognised about two days ago, Mike Martin said they are working on a solution... So people just need to be a little patient...

Posting the same forum in over 6 forums and crying about Casio not acting, really works counter productive.... mike Martin reacted on the offical Casio forums and on the facebook group and said they are working on it... Thats ooen and honest communication and more then any other company out there...

Expecting newly released software to work flawlessly is an illusion these days... The products have become way to complicated to expect that

http://keyszone.boards.net

#420501 - 04/26/16 12:07 PM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: squeak_D]
Dnj Offline

They'll probably sell a ton of these in the Big box stores BJ, Sam, Costco, etc at Xmas....

#420505 - 04/26/16 01:08 PM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: Dnj]
LindaFus Offline

Gee, its an $1,100 board I do not think that will be the case but you never know!

Originally Posted By: Dnj
They'll probably sell a ton of these in the Big box stores BJ, Sam, Costco, etc at Xmas....

#420507 - 04/26/16 01:58 PM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: Bachus]
LindaFus Offline

Bachus, no one is crying about Casio not acting? We are discussing the new MZX and its faults. No one said Mike Martin was not managing this issue? We have good communication with him on Facebook. I do not understand why you feel the need to criticize everyone's comments when you do not even own this board.

I have been a member of this forum since 2000 and now I remember why I rarely post. Thanks for reminding me.

Originally Posted By: Bachus
[quote=LindaFus]I agree, none of us want to be negative, however, I

Posting the same forum in over 6 forums and crying about Casio not acting, really works counter productive.... mike Martin reacted on the offical Casio forums and on the facebook group and said they are working on it... Thats ooen and honest communication and more then any other company out there...

Expecting newly released software to work flawlessly is an illusion these days... The products have become way to complicated to expect that

#420510 - 04/26/16 02:13 PM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: LindaFus]
Dnj Offline

Gee, its an $1,100 board I do not think that will be the case but you never know!

I would think they will discount them under a $grand$ in those type of stores holiday time to get rid of them fast,...here they usually have a Santa Clause playing a keyboard in the isles to advertise and sell them.

#420531 - 04/26/16 11:00 PM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: LindaFus]
Bachus Offline

Bachus, no one is crying about Casio not acting? We are discussing the new MZX and its faults. No one said Mike Martin was not managing this issue? We have good communication with him on Facebook. I do not understand why you feel the need to criticize everyone's comments when you do not even own this board.

I have been a member of this forum since 2000 and now I remember why I rarely post. Thanks for reminding me.

[quote=LindaFus]I agree, none of us want to be negative, however, I

Then why are we discussing this in 6 different forums?

Isnt discussing this on the official Casio forums more then enough?

I think this whole discussion about a single bug in the MZ-X all over the place, makes unknowing keyboardplayers think that the Casio is a bad investment for their money... I still dont think Casio deserves all the negative attention that comes from this..

And in a month or two when this problem is all solved, people googling for MZ-X and problems will find dozens of posts about this single bug, dont look at the date and think its a bad faulty instrument... Thats how internet works... and thats what i am saying...

Just google for PA4x and problems, and you will think that it must be a really buggy instrument...

So here is my question again, what do we gain from discussing this single development feature in a special post over and over... in a forum that Casio doesnt read daily?

Sadly many people dont realize how the interent works as kind of magnifying glass, that makes little problems look huge.. The OP could also just have filed this info into his orriginal post about the MZ-X here... which is a very possitive post, he still stands to.. this would have given everyone the information witouth turning it into a whole discussion...

#420532 - 04/26/16 11:03 PM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

I would think they will discount them under a $grand$ in those type of stores holiday time to get rid of them fast,...here they usually have a Santa Clause playing a keyboard in the isles to advertise and sell them.

The Casio XW-P1 started at just under €1000 and ended up selling here in large batches for around €300

As long as i remember Casio has had the habbit of dropping prices considerably as the instruments age and they have to many in stock.

Even their bestselling PX-5S dropped from about €1100 to like €700 streetprice right now...

#420535 - 04/27/16 12:24 AM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: Bachus]
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.

Just google for PA4x and problems, and you will think that it must be a really buggy instrument...

The PA4X is a really buggy instrument, in case you had not noticed my friend...

regards,
John

#420536 - 04/27/16 01:49 AM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: john smies]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: john smies

The PA4X is a really buggy instrument, in case you had not noticed my friend...

regards,
John

Well... then explain me how it is possible that so many Synthzone members are happily gigging with it?

I think its not so much buggy right now... its just missing some features that where promminent in the previous model... But obviously there are no real bugs preventing people from using their instruments happily in a live situation...

Edited by Bachus (04/27/16 01:50 AM)

Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online