SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#420449 - 04/25/16 12:49 PM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: Dnj
Ditto Bacchus on the Yamaha..

I know, but please try to not use two c's, you write Bach with a single C... Not even a major C, just a minor c..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#420457 - 04/25/16 03:06 PM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: Bachus]
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
The last thing I expected was for it to be bug free. I'm well aware of issues related to newer software. However.., this mixer problem isn't a small bug that could go easily undetected. Anyone spending an hour with the keyboard would have seen this problem. This is an arranger keyboard and to have something as basic as mixer functions not working for STYLES in an arranger keyboard is totally unacceptable.

This mixer bug is present across the board. Sure.., I expect a few bugs.., but this! It's not a small glitch.
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#420458 - 04/25/16 03:54 PM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: Bachus]
LindaFus Offline

Loc: Ledyard, CT USA
I have no doubt Casio will fix these bugs in short order. These are not hidden bugs. Crack open the manual to editing mixer functions and bang you will encounter it. I understand some growing pains in all products this one however, really is obvious and if they even tried to do that function while coding, they would have seen this right away. Basic functions should work before release. They have plenty of beta testers now and we are all working at reporting the bugs.

I do not know why you would be surprised why people are dismayed at a new product that has bugs. Consumers pay real money for these products they are not free, you should expect a well rounded working product delivered to your door no matter what OS.

Originally Posted By: Bachus
Well, same buiseness as allways....

Dont be an early adaptor if you rely on a product...
Most of these products take months to become bugfree
Its just that they dont have 10.000's of beta testers to help them improve the software
So they rely on the early addaptors..

As long as the early addaptors keep communicating on a sane level with Casio the problems/bugs will be repaired..

It allways bogs me how people are allways surprised when there are still bugs in a newly released product... Its just the way of things when software is involved...

(In keyboard land only Yamaha seems to be doing better then the others on average in releasing products relatively bugfree)

#420459 - 04/25/16 05:13 PM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: LindaFus]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: LindaFus
I have no doubt Casio will fix these bugs in short order. These are not hidden bugs. Crack open the manual to editing mixer functions and bang you will encounter it. I understand some growing pains in all products this one however, really is obvious and if they even tried to do that function while coding, they would have seen this right away. Basic functions should work before release. They have plenty of beta testers now and we are all working at reporting the bugs.

I do not know why you would be surprised why people are dismayed at a new product that has bugs. Consumers pay real money for these products they are not free, you should expect a well rounded working product delivered to your door no matter what OS.

Its just that they dont have 10.000's of beta testers to help them improve the software

As long as the early addaptors keep communicating on a sane level with Casio the problems/bugs will be repaired..

It allways bogs me how people are allways surprised when there are still bugs in a newly released product... Its just the way of things when software is involved...

(In keyboard land only Yamaha seems to be doing better then the others on average in releasing products relatively bugfree)

Ditto Linda....

#420465 - 04/25/16 09:21 PM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: LindaFus]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: LindaFus

Obviously none of you ever worked in a software production environment.. Often time features not working flawlessly get removed from a product untill a development team is happy with them, its better to not have a feature then have a feature onboard that crashes the whole instrument...

There might be a reason why its not working right now...

The bad thing is these developers dont communicate about this with the customer base, because that is where it really really hurts... The silence on the other side.. And this hurts both sides, as also the developers are mostly best served by an open and honest monologue with the (testing) customers... When they communicate they will both get a better idea about the bugs and the expectations and wishes of the customer base...

I still dont get why they are not communicating, maybe they are lsitening, but certainly not communicating, and that does not only mean Casio, but all these companies, Korg, Ketron, Roland, Kurzweil, Nord... Yamaha is espescially bad at this, i have had a few discussions with the Yamaha representative on yamahasynth named bad mister, that only show arrogance and clearly not a single attempt to listen to the users...

Its hard to get the product out that you want to create ... Its even harder to find out what the product is the customers want.. But a feature like this should indeed be on Casios main list to do..

#420466 - 04/25/16 10:36 PM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: squeak_D]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Korg is very good about listening. Paulo is active on the Korg Forum and they have already made several changes asked for by buyers of the PA4X.

#420467 - 04/25/16 10:43 PM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: squeak_D]
Bachus Offline

I was wrong...

I just saw Mike Martin react on the facebook group in an open and honest way...

Patch 1.21 was allready done when this problem surfaced

He confirmed Casio was working hard to get this issue fixed

Seems Casio representatives do know how to communicate with their customers, there for kudos and compliments to Mike Martin and Casio

----------

I do need to make a comment, squeek i saw you post this issue now in 3 places, i dont think this is the right forum to archieve open and honest communication with Casio. Maybe us customers should also learn to keep these reports strictly to the official user forums... Atleast as long as Casio is communicating about them and prommising repairs...

Because if this problem is repaired in a few weeks, these posts might hurt Casio in the long run... Honest and open communication requires two sides..

#420468 - 04/25/16 10:45 PM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: DonM]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: DonM
Korg is very good about listening. Paulo is active on the Korg Forum and they have already made several changes asked for by buyers of the PA4X.

Paolo is very good at listening indeed, abd at taking actions... However he is not very good at communicating about this, communicating wirks both ways

#420471 - 04/26/16 02:25 AM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: squeak_D]
DAN.2000 Offline

Loc: FRANCE
Saving the mixer and settings of the styles was something hard to do in vArranger, especially for Yamaha styles

I wish Casio will add this feature

Dan
https://www.varranger.com

#420490 - 04/26/16 08:29 AM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: DAN.2000]
tom moon Offline

Loc: Haddonfield, NJ, USA
I hope Mike Martin or someone at Casio becomes proactive and acknowledges these problems and provides a timetable for the fix. it's troubling to watch a launch for a potentially great product turn sour....it's stating the obvious, but the MZ is basically DOA until this is addressed. Casio has made great strides in the pro market but they will quickly lose those strides and whatever goodwill remains if they don't act swiftly.....

Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online