SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#420318 - 04/23/16 06:40 AM Ketron/Dexibell (former Roland Europe)/GEM merger
rosetree
Unregistered

Sorry if I raised an hopes here...
I'm just imagining how the expertise of Ketron and the newly established Dexibell consisting of former Roland Europe engineers could be concentrated to one company, and the remainders of former GEM (unsuccessfully revived by the Finish company Soundion) would be incorporated, too.
I guess that could form a serious major competitor in the global market. Not that I'm fond of concentration, competition is important, but Ketron is just so very small in relation to others.

#420319 - 04/23/16 07:22 AM Re: Ketron/Dexibell (former Roland Europe)/GEM merger [Re: ]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: rosetree
Sorry if I raised an hopes here...
I'm just imagining how the expertise of Ketron and the newly established Dexibell consisting of former Roland Europe engineers could be concentrated to one company, and the remainders of former GEM (unsuccessfully revived by the Finish company Soundion) would be incorporated, too.
I guess that could form a serious major competitor in the global market. Not that I'm fond of concentration, competition is important, but Ketron is just so very small in relation to others.

Personally i would love to see Ketron and GSi (crumar, dmc-122, Genesis) work together with Dexiball

There is also Studiologic and viscount/physis creating quite advanced instruments in Italy..

I dont see any need for adding a finish company.... There is so much potential in the Italian music industry... Just wish they would outsource building and testing to a German company for added reliabillity... (Tough GSi, builds and delivers some really high quallity instruments)

http://keyszone.boards.net

#420322 - 04/23/16 07:46 AM Re: Ketron/Dexibell (former Roland Europe)/GEM merger [Re: Bachus]
rosetree
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Bachus

I dont see any need for adding a finish company.... There is so much potential in the Italian music industry... Just wish they would outsource building and testing to a German company for added reliabillity... (Tough GSi, builds and delivers some really high quallity instruments)

I was thinking of the licenses for GEM's technologies, e.g. physical modeling used in the RP-X piano module. These licenses are probably in the hands of Finnish Soundion.

#420325 - 04/23/16 08:31 AM Re: Ketron/Dexibell (former Roland Europe)/GEM merger [Re: ]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: rosetree
Originally Posted By: Bachus

I was thinking of the licenses for GEM's technologies, e.g. physical modeling used in the RP-X piano module. These licenses are probably in the hands of Finnish Soundion.

I doubt it, those finish people where only interested in older Gem stuff...

Personally i think those GEMmlicences where used for the physis pianos... Tough even they dont want to confess it

http://keyszone.boards.net

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online