SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#420164 - 04/21/16 05:01 AM THE FIRST DEMOS (SOUNDS) OF KETRON SD9PRO
Sokratis 1974 Offline

Loc: Hellas, Creta, Iraklion
ENJOY!!

#420165 - 04/21/16 05:29 AM Re: THE FIRST DEMOS (SOUNDS) OF KETRON SD9PRO [Re: Sokratis 1974]
rosetree
Unregistered

Finally!! Thanks a lot! I checked three times a day, but you were quicker wink

Very well and flamboyantly played. I have to listen with headphones again later...

Edited by rosetree (04/21/16 05:39 AM)

#420166 - 04/21/16 05:34 AM Re: THE FIRST DEMOS (SOUNDS) OF KETRON SD9PRO [Re: ]
Sokratis 1974 Offline

Originally Posted By: rosetree
Finally!! Thanks a lot! I checked three times a day, but you were quicker wink
wink wink rocker

#420167 - 04/21/16 05:53 AM Re: THE FIRST DEMOS (SOUNDS) OF KETRON SD9PRO [Re: Sokratis 1974]
Dnj Offline

whats the price US and weight? also what are the main differences between the SD7/SD9pro

Edited by Dnj (04/21/16 05:54 AM)

#420169 - 04/21/16 06:00 AM Re: THE FIRST DEMOS (SOUNDS) OF KETRON SD9PRO [Re: Sokratis 1974]
rosetree
Unregistered

It's really heavy.

Attachments
image.jpg

#420171 - 04/21/16 06:27 AM Re: THE FIRST DEMOS (SOUNDS) OF KETRON SD9PRO [Re: Sokratis 1974]
rosetree
Unregistered

The second demo is amazing. The strings are truly breathtaking - to me they sound more real than the Montage strings! Brass sound superb in the orchestral mix, too.

#420173 - 04/21/16 06:33 AM Re: THE FIRST DEMOS (SOUNDS) OF KETRON SD9PRO [Re: Sokratis 1974]
Speed Offline

Wow!!! cant wait to hear some styles

#420181 - 04/21/16 07:10 AM Re: THE FIRST DEMOS (SOUNDS) OF KETRON SD9PRO [Re: Sokratis 1974]
rosetree
Unregistered

If somebody speaks Italian (e.g. John Smies?), please translate the Youtube description of the second demo precisely. He mentions an "audio file" with orchestral sounds - I'm not sure ALL the sounds are really from the SD9 !?

Edited by rosetree (04/21/16 07:11 AM)

#420183 - 04/21/16 08:06 AM Re: THE FIRST DEMOS (SOUNDS) OF KETRON SD9PRO [Re: ]
Bachus Offline

If somebody speaks Italian (e.g. John Smies?), please translate the Youtube description of the second demo precisely. He mentions an "audio file" with orchestral sounds - I'm not sure ALL the sounds are really from the SD9 !?

John Smies is Dutch... dont know how good his Italian might be..

Anyway... i think the launchpad allows you to use audio parts and convert it in pitch and stretch it in time in realtime ... and follow your progression... Maybe thats where he was aiming at?

The tribute part (2nd video) is among the best sounding arranger parts i have heared trough youtube... there is really much going on..

The single sounds are as allways hard to place because its a youtube, they sound good, but its not possible to say if they are great because of being youtube video..

I would have loved for them to play a sax using the automated articulations ...

Edited by Bachus (04/21/16 08:10 AM)

http://keyszone.boards.net

#420192 - 04/21/16 09:10 AM Re: THE FIRST DEMOS (SOUNDS) OF KETRON SD9PRO [Re: Sokratis 1974]
rosetree
Unregistered

John Smies's Italian is excellent, he once posted a Video of him in a radio interview

#420196 - 04/21/16 10:07 AM Re: THE FIRST DEMOS (SOUNDS) OF KETRON SD9PRO [Re: ]
Bachus Offline

John Smies's Italian is excellent, he once posted a Video of him in a radio interview

Then lets hope he reads your request and is able to translate for us

#420219 - 04/21/16 01:41 PM Re: THE FIRST DEMOS (SOUNDS) OF KETRON SD9PRO [Re: ]
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.

Vielen Dank Rosetree smile

Un piccolo tributo al tastierista inglese con la nuova SD9, impiegando un File Audio per l'orchestrazione e i preset timbrici della tastiera italiana: un omaggio di Marcello Colò

A Small tribute to the English keyboardplayer (?) with the new SD9,using an Audio File for the orchestration and the preset sounds of the Italian keyboard. A tribute by Marcello Colo.

Whatever that means..............

cari saluti,
John

#420221 - 04/21/16 02:34 PM Re: THE FIRST DEMOS (SOUNDS) OF KETRON SD9PRO [Re: Sokratis 1974]
rosetree
Unregistered

Thank you very much! It really seems now the backing track orchestral sounds are probably NOT from the SD9. That would be pretty misleading!

Edited by rosetree (04/21/16 02:35 PM)

#420222 - 04/21/16 03:01 PM Re: THE FIRST DEMOS (SOUNDS) OF KETRON SD9PRO [Re: Sokratis 1974]
jingleman Offline

Loc: The Villages, FL, USA
Probably not the best recording but, screechy strings that didn't flow well with piano, I'd have to say blah...blah...blah.

Yammie or Korg certainly miles ahead of this demo.

jingleman

#420223 - 04/21/16 03:15 PM Re: THE FIRST DEMOS (SOUNDS) OF KETRON SD9PRO [Re: jingleman]
rosetree
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: jingleman
Probably not the best recording but, screechy strings that didn't flow well with piano, I'd have to say blah...blah...blah.

jingleman

You probably refer to the strings played live, not those from the backing tracks, which are breathtaking, but as I said, maybe not from SD9... Generally, from the experience of my SD1000 I have a good opinion about Ketron strings, better than many preset strings of other current instruments.

#420229 - 04/21/16 04:58 PM Re: THE FIRST DEMOS (SOUNDS) OF KETRON SD9PRO [Re: ]
jingleman Offline

Loc: The Villages, FL, USA
I may have been a little harsh with my initial comments. It just becomes so predictable to hear piano, electric piano, strings as the main demo performed by every new synth or arranger keyboard.

The orchestra demo was a little better, but the piano was mixed to loud in the mix. Made it difficult to hear the other elements.

Jingleman

#420258 - 04/22/16 06:04 AM Re: THE FIRST DEMOS (SOUNDS) OF KETRON SD9PRO [Re: ]
Anthony Johnson Offline

Loc: Sheffield Yorkshire England
Originally Posted By: jingleman

jingleman

You probably refer to the strings played live, not those from the backing tracks, which are breathtaking, but as I said, maybe not from SD9... Generally, from the experience of my SD1000 I have a good opinion about Ketron strings, better than many preset strings of other current instruments.

Quite so,
My strings on my 14 years old MS40 module are better than those on my Tyros 4.
Same applies to my Midjpro so I would expect the SD9 strings to be even better.
Tony

#420259 - 04/22/16 06:23 AM Re: THE FIRST DEMOS (SOUNDS) OF KETRON SD9PRO [Re: Sokratis 1974]
Sokratis 1974 Offline

NEW VIDEO

#420265 - 04/22/16 08:41 AM Re: THE FIRST DEMOS (SOUNDS) OF KETRON SD9PRO [Re: Sokratis 1974]
Bachus Offline

I dont think demo's like this will sell the instrument ....

#420266 - 04/22/16 08:54 AM Re: THE FIRST DEMOS (SOUNDS) OF KETRON SD9PRO [Re: Sokratis 1974]
rosetree
Unregistered

The problem is: he demoes an instrument which is not finished. Obviously the SD9 is still an empty container to a large extent, so he uses WAV drums, orchestral audio files etc. In the Italian forum they are already calling the SD9 a mere project...

#420269 - 04/22/16 09:03 AM Re: THE FIRST DEMOS (SOUNDS) OF KETRON SD9PRO [Re: ]
Dnj Offline

why is everyone only focused on the Stock factory sounds when with these units you can tweak and edit the sounds and styles till the cows come home...? there's much more that can be done we already know it sounds good but a player can make it much better...but the navigation, settings, Os operation, mod wheels placement, after purchase service support, all factor into the purchase,.....you have to ask yourself is it a rehash of the SD7, how does it compare to the Pa4x/T5 etc,and of course the final questions if I don't like it can I sell it easily? & DO I REALLY NEED IT? just sayin' cool2

#420277 - 04/22/16 10:23 AM Re: THE FIRST DEMOS (SOUNDS) OF KETRON SD9PRO [Re: Dnj]
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.

I really haven't got a clue why anyone would get excited about yet another Ketron fallacy. True they nailed the live drums but already in their solton period 20 years ago their midi drums sounded far superior to other brands, don't ask me how. Their mussette and blowsax was already priceless on the old Solton MS models and I have the recordings to show for it !!
the SD1 and later the SD5 were good but nothing special apart from the items already mentioned and service and repairs, at least here in Holland and Belgium was abominable to say the least and as far as I know has not gotten any better. Ketron Italy should never ever have approved of that in the first place.
Last year I had the SD7 at home for a trial run. Not a bad machine as Deane and (few) others might testify, but nothing to get your knickers into a twist. I tend to read a few foreign forums and to the best of my knowledge only in Italy the SD7 has got some following. Again reliability , service are debatable. As Bachus mentioned somewhere here in Holland, one of the bakermaths of the modern day arranger keyboard, there are 2 (TWO ) dealers that actually sell Ketron products, whereas you can purchase a Korg, Roland or Yamaha on virtually every streetcorner so to speak. Why is that you think ?
I read that sales of the SD7 are very disappointing. I am not surprised. Why fork out over 2600 euros if you can get a decent secondhand Tyros 4 for 2000 euros or a brand new PA4X ( bugs included) for approx. 3400 euros ?
Mark my words the SD40 ( at approx. 2000 euros) won't sell for twopence either and the SD9pro ? Well if you hang around a few more years it may be their new flagship, at a price no doubt.Come on guys get real and let them sort out their own stuff overthere and in the meantime let's enjoy all the good equipment there is. The new Casio, though not overall convincing on sounds might be a terrific ADD-ON to any set-up at a good price and no doubt with good service and realiability.
What really had me in stitches was reading on the Italian forum that one guy ( for whom I have the greatest respect by the way) had his SD7 on sale,the same SD7 he thought was the best keyboard there had ever been. When asked by his fellow musicians and forum members why on God's earth he was selling it he answered that he had set his eyes on the new SD9pro and was vacating the lot. Oh well, it takes all kinds to make the merry go round !

regards
John

#420279 - 04/22/16 10:46 AM Re: THE FIRST DEMOS (SOUNDS) OF KETRON SD9PRO [Re: Sokratis 1974]
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
So far nothing in the demos makes me want to upgrade the Audya. But then, there are as yet no style demos and this is what an arranger is all about.

#420280 - 04/22/16 10:46 AM Re: THE FIRST DEMOS (SOUNDS) OF KETRON SD9PRO [Re: Sokratis 1974]
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
Double post...

Edited by Henni (04/22/16 10:49 AM)

#420286 - 04/22/16 01:41 PM Re: THE FIRST DEMOS (SOUNDS) OF KETRON SD9PRO [Re: john smies]
rosetree
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: john smies

I really haven't got a clue why anyone would get excited about yet another Ketron fallacy. True they nailed the live drums but already in their solton period 20 years ago their midi drums sounded far superior to other brands, don't ask me how. Their mussette and blowsax was already priceless on the old Solton MS models and I have the recordings to show for it !!
the SD1 and later the SD5 were good but nothing special apart from the items already mentioned and service and repairs, at least here in Holland and Belgium was abominable to say the least and as far as I know has not gotten any better. Ketron Italy should never ever have approved of that in the first place.
Last year I had the SD7 at home for a trial run. Not a bad machine as Deane and (few) others might testify, but nothing to get your knickers into a twist. I tend to read a few foreign forums and to the best of my knowledge only in Italy the SD7 has got some following. Again reliability , service are debatable. As Bachus mentioned somewhere here in Holland, one of the bakermaths of the modern day arranger keyboard, there are 2 (TWO ) dealers that actually sell Ketron products, whereas you can purchase a Korg, Roland or Yamaha on virtually every streetcorner so to speak. Why is that you think ?
I read that sales of the SD7 are very disappointing. I am not surprised. Why fork out over 2600 euros if you can get a decent secondhand Tyros 4 for 2000 euros or a brand new PA4X ( bugs included) for approx. 3400 euros ?
Mark my words the SD40 ( at approx. 2000 euros) won't sell for twopence either and the SD9pro ? Well if you hang around a few more years it may be their new flagship, at a price no doubt.Come on guys get real and let them sort out their own stuff overthere and in the meantime let's enjoy all the good equipment there is.

I wouldn't count on the SD9pro either at the moment, it could take more than a year until it is available and another year before it might be reliable.
I also second your assessment regarding the advanced sounds Ketron already had in the late 1990s. I think Ketron shares this characteristic with Roland and Kurzweil: these three companies were ahead of their time in the late 1990s (Roland at least with respect to their expansion boards), but haven't invested much more into leaps in sounds and lost the most part of their lead.
Regarding the SD40 module however, I think it will be a clearly better sounding module than the BK-7m (which was or still is really good in its own right), and that's the only competing module. AND, as we already mentioned, it will benefit from the SD7 glitches already "ironed out" (thanks once more for a nice idiom wink ). Whether it will be a success in sales, will depend on the price tag. 2,000 € is really (too) much, with 1,450 € they can count on me as a buyer.

Edited by rosetree (04/22/16 01:42 PM)

#420304 - 04/22/16 09:53 PM Re: THE FIRST DEMOS (SOUNDS) OF KETRON SD9PRO [Re: ]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: john smies

Mark my words the SD40 ( at approx. 2000 euros) won't sell for twopence either and the SD9pro ? Well if you hang around a few more years it may be their new flagship, at a price no doubt.Come on guys get real and let them sort out their own stuff overthere and in the meantime let's enjoy all the good equipment there is.

I wouldn't count on the SD9pro either at the moment, it could take more than a year until it is available and another year before it might be reliable.
I also second your assessment regarding the advanced sounds Ketron already had in the late 1990s. I think Ketron shares this characteristic with Roland and Kurzweil: these three companies were ahead of their time in the late 1990s (Roland at least with respect to their expansion boards), but haven't invested much more into leaps in sounds and lost the most part of their lead.
Regarding the SD40 module however, I think it will be a clearly better sounding module than the BK-7m (which was or still is really good in its own right), and that's the only competing module. AND, as we already mentioned, it will benefit from the SD7 glitches already "ironed out" (thanks once more for a nice idiom wink ). Whether it will be a success in sales, will depend on the price tag. 2,000 € is really (too) much, with 1,450 € they can count on me as a buyer.

Both Roalnd and Kurzweil made a move towards synthesizers and keyboards and away from the typicall acoustic sounds like winds, brass, and such..

I think the Roland ACB technollogy is still ahead of any other company when it comes to creating VA synth emulations... But their super naturall acoustic sounds where surpassed by Yamaha..

Back to Ketron, i am not ready to try another Ketron yet, but i must admit atleast they are kind of innovative when it comes to adding new features... They mostly concentrate on the accompanying side tough with their new features...

Their version of multipads, seems to be ahead, even ahead of Casio... And thats the single part of the sd9 that triggered my interest..

Edited by Bachus (04/22/16 09:57 PM)

#420307 - 04/22/16 11:45 PM Re: THE FIRST DEMOS (SOUNDS) OF KETRON SD9PRO [Re: Sokratis 1974]
Sokratis 1974 Offline

One more Video from AJ this time...

#420308 - 04/23/16 12:16 AM Re: THE FIRST DEMOS (SOUNDS) OF KETRON SD9PRO [Re: Sokratis 1974]
Bachus Offline

I posted that one about an hour ago, in a fresh topic...

#420339 - 04/23/16 01:23 PM Re: THE FIRST DEMOS (SOUNDS) OF KETRON SD9PRO [Re: Sokratis 1974]
fozzie Offline

I'm not impressed. It sounds not better than my MidjPro and SD 1000.

/fozzie

Edited by fozzie (04/23/16 01:26 PM)

#420355 - 04/23/16 09:54 PM Re: THE FIRST DEMOS (SOUNDS) OF KETRON SD9PRO [Re: Sokratis 1974]
synerjim Offline

Loc: CA
Fozzie, I concur the MJPro is very good already.
I got some MJPro questions for you:
Can you link text or pdf files with registrations?
Can you save different Voicetron settings on style variation (i.e. unison on var C, harmony left on var D) on reigistrations?
Thanks
Jimmy

SD90,Korg I3, KMA Liverpool,TC Helicon Play Electric, Fender Sonoran Guitar, vArranger, Bose S1 Pros, Bose L1 Compact, Aiwa Exos-9

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online