SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#42036 - 03/05/02 07:39 PM Re: A Selection of Tunes
speters466 Offline

Loc: Ormond Beach, Florida. USA
John

Thanks very much for your songs. They are wonderful!

Jody

#42037 - 03/07/02 02:55 AM Re: A Selection of Tunes
John North Offline

Loc: Alfreton, Derbyshire, England
[QUOTE]Originally posted by tony mads usa:
[B]John, I really enjoyed your tunes ..... care to share some of the 'secrets' as to how they were put together?.....

No secrets Tony. I try to keep it simple and play within my own limitations. I try to choose appropriate voicing (flight of the bumblebee is definately not for the Tuba ) and I use Easy Record, so I can listen to what I did wrong. Finally, I just enjoy it.
A big thank-you to everyone for their kind comments

[This message has been edited by John North (edited 03-07-2002).]

#42038 - 03/12/02 11:07 AM Re: A Selection of Tunes
gilbert Offline

Loc: Oelsnitz /E Germany
Hi John,
Hpoe I am not to late E mail on its way

#42039 - 03/12/02 01:50 PM Re: A Selection of Tunes
John North Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by gilbert:
Hi John,
Hpoe I am not to late E mail on its way

Welcome to the Forum and the Tunes are on their way to you. Hope you enjoy.

#42040 - 03/12/02 10:50 PM Re: A Selection of Tunes
gilbert Offline

Loc: Oelsnitz /E Germany
Hello John,
Many thanks for the copy of your lattest tunes.I just wonder how lucky one can get as it contains three of my all time favorites,Sleepwalk,Dream of Olwen,
and Smoke gets in tour eyes all of which I could not find a rythm for that sounded just right,that is untill now.I found all the tracks to be easy listening and well thought out many thanks for shareing them with me
Gilbert

#42041 - 03/25/02 07:09 PM Re: A Selection of Tunes
lrngkybrd Offline

Loc: Queen Creek, Arizona
Thank you John for the music. You did a beautiful job. I particularly liked Dream of Olwen. I never heard of that song before. Is that the complete title? The reason I ask, I am going to get the sheetmusic for it. Also enjoyed Smoke Gets in Your Eyes. All the songs were great. I've had the songs for a while and I just listened to it today and enjoyed every minute and wanted to let you know that. Some day I will have songs to share also. Thanks again.

#42042 - 03/26/02 10:49 AM Re: A Selection of Tunes
John North Offline

[QUOTE]Originally posted by lrngkybrd:
[B]Thank you John for the music. You did a beautiful job. I particularly liked Dream of Olwen. I never heard of that song before. Is that the complete title? The reason I ask, I am going to get the sheetmusic for it.

Thanks for the kind words. The Title of the piece is 'The Dream of Olwen' and was composed by Charles Williams and used as the theme music to the film 'While I Live' which was showing around the 1950's. It is a lovely melody and I hope you can get hold of a copy. If not, let me know as I have a very old, well-worn copy which I could photostat and send by snail mail

#42043 - 03/26/02 03:29 PM Re: A Selection of Tunes
Anonymous
Unregistered

As a KN6500 owner, and a new member here (have not used a bulletin board before) I am most interested in your collection that has been so highly praised. Bill Johnson, Australia.

#42044 - 03/27/02 02:19 AM Re: A Selection of Tunes
John North Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Bill Johnson:
As a KN6500 owner, and a new member here (have not used a bulletin board before) I am most interested in your collection that has been so highly praised. Bill Johnson, Australia.

Hi Bill, Welcome to the Forum. A selection of tunes is already heading 'Down Under' as I type. If you look down the postings you will find other songs & styles available from other forum members, which I'm sure you will enjoy.

#42045 - 04/01/02 09:20 PM Re: A Selection of Tunes
Ted Rose Offline

Loc: United States
I have received the ZIP file of the tunes and they are GREAT!!!!! Thanks so much, John, for sharing with all of us Forum members and lovers of the KN 6500. Not only have I enjoyed your renditions of the songs but I have been using some of your registrations and they make MY music sound better than ever. you are the greatest, John!

Sincerely,
Ted Rose

[This message has been edited by Ted Rose (edited 04-01-2002).]

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online