SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#42026 - 02/27/02 02:22 AM Re: A Selection of Tunes
John North Offline

Loc: Alfreton, Derbyshire, England
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Scottyee:
[B]John, any chance you could convert some of them to MP3 format so we can all enjoy them?

Hi Scott,
To date I've never converted to mp3, but Bill has kindly mailed me some useful information. I will have a go some time, but don't hold your breath - unless you're related to Bill's saxophonist

#42027 - 02/27/02 03:38 PM Re: A Selection of Tunes
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hi Scott - You're at it again !
OK Since it's your birthday, I'll convert a couple of John's songs (with his permission of course) to MP3 for you. If it's OK with John, I'll do it this weekend.
Did you manage to blow out all your candles in one breath? If not, send for me for your next cake - as you know, I've got lot's

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#42028 - 02/27/02 07:01 PM Re: A Selection of Tunes
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Hey Bill,
I have always heard that about drummers. Is that why you became a keyboard player, cause it takes less hot air, cause the keyboard has it's own pump :-)
Bebop

#42029 - 02/28/02 10:11 AM Re: A Selection of Tunes
John North Offline

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bill Norrie:
[B]Hi Scott - You're at it again !
OK Since it's your birthday, I'll convert a couple of John's songs (with his permission of course) to MP3 for you. If it's OK with John, I'll do it this weekend.

Hi Bill
Thank you very much indeed for your conversion offer. I'll leave you to select which tunes - Just make sure any bum notes are hidden
John

#42030 - 02/28/02 11:10 AM Re: A Selection of Tunes
Bill Norrie Offline

BEBOP - Cheeeeeky Monkee

Talking about drummers - How do you know when a drummer is knocking at your Door ? ?

Answer .... The Knocks speed up!!

John - Ok I'll do a few at the weekend - Didn't notice any bum notes

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley

#42031 - 03/04/02 07:14 PM Re: A Selection of Tunes
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
John, finally got to hear some of your songs today. MANY thanks to all the time and work Bill Norrie put in to convert them to MP3 format. I think the most interesting and unusual of your song renditions are Sleepwalk & St Louis Blues. Your rendition of St Louis Blues brings to my mind the big half time show at a big college football game. I can envision the band marching in formation and then forming different designs & letters on the field. Your treatment of Sleepwalk is real cool too. What instruments did you use? Did you employ the pitch/mod wheel to create the effects or are was this implemented via keyboard aftertouch? Thanks for sharing your music from both across the ocean (Atlantic) and across the US continent to the west California coast.

- Scott
http://scottyee.com

#42032 - 03/04/02 07:51 PM Re: A Selection of Tunes
speters466 Offline

Loc: Ormond Beach, Florida. USA
Quote:
Originally posted by John North:
Hi everyone,
I have put together a mixed selection of 10 tunes for the KN6000/6500. Anyone interested, please e-mail.

Hi John:
Would very much appreciate a copy of your 10 tunes.

Thanks.
Jody

#42033 - 03/05/02 11:49 AM Re: A Selection of Tunes
John North Offline

Hi Scott
You just about got it in one........ Way back in the 1950s I saw a US Forces Rifle Drill Team, perform marching & intricate rifle drill (with bayonets fixed) to that rendition of St Louis Blues. It has stuck in my mind all these years and I hope I've reproduced something close to what I heard then.
As for the sleepwalk sounds - an e-mail is already winging its way across the big pond.
I've already mailed Bill Norrie my thanks for the conversion to mp3, but publically thanks again Bill.

#42034 - 03/05/02 02:33 PM Re: A Selection of Tunes
Bill Norrie Offline

No Problem John - that's what I hoped this forum would include - helping one another and sharing a little pleasure without petty restrictions.

------------------
Willum

Aldous Huxley

#42035 - 03/05/02 02:44 PM Re: A Selection of Tunes
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
John, I really enjoyed your tunes ..... care to share some of the 'secrets' as to how they were put together?.....
t.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online