SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#420074 - 04/19/16 04:42 PM Re: Michel Voncken and his Trusty PSR-S970 [Re: Mikem]
rosetree
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Mikem
Originally Posted By: Bachus
I am watching the whole video... Its fun if you understand German...

I also saw Jürgen Saretorius, the german Korg demonstartor, so there might also be a Korg demo comming up from the same veransteltung(thats German)

But Voncken is allways fun to watch...

I'll keep my eyes open for Jurgen's video if it will be available, and I'll post it.

Musiker Lanze (who organized the meeting and posted the video, BTW also a member of German Musikerboard) already answered that he is currently preparing the Jürgen Sattorius video.

#420080 - 04/19/16 07:43 PM Re: Michel Voncken and his Trusty PSR-S970 [Re: Mikem]
Mikem Offline

Loc: Quebec, Canada
Great! Looking forward to it. I'm familiar with Musiker Lanze. I'm sure he'll do a good job. Thanks for the info. smile

#420083 - 04/19/16 09:19 PM Re: Michel Voncken and his Trusty PSR-S970 [Re: Dnj]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Originally Posted By: Dnj
Originally Posted By: DonM
Originally Posted By: Dnj
Nice find the S970 sounds amazing what else do you need except a tilt screen? clap clap

Touch screen, great vocal harmonizer, more programmable controls, built-in power supply, XLR inputs, phantom power, ability to accept multi-switch foot controller, after-touch, better drums, better OS. . . I could go on.
Don't get me wrong the S970 is a fabulous arranger, and I'd still have it if it had more of the real-time features I need. And better drums. smile

I agree Don at almost twice the price it should have all those things you mentioned and more,..that said sound wise they are very close and in no way does it hinder my needs,...but at this time I'm comfy now with the S970 the way I have it setup,....and my little 10" Lenovo S10 notebook offers great visibility vs the S970 flat glaring non tilt screen,...I'll wait for the next Yamaha models whenever that is to consider a change if at all we'll see..........
enjoy what your playing for now. cool2

I was just answering your question! Enjoy the 970!

#420084 - 04/19/16 09:25 PM Re: Michel Voncken and his Trusty PSR-S970 [Re: ]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: rosetree

I also saw Jürgen Saretorius, the german Korg demonstartor, so there might also be a Korg demo comming up from the same veransteltung(thats German)

Thank you...

I'll keep my eyes open for Jurgen's video if it will be available, and I'll post it.

Musiker Lanze (who organized the meeting and posted the video, BTW also a member of German Musikerboard) already answered that he is currently preparing the Jürgen Sattorius video.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#420085 - 04/19/16 10:06 PM Re: Michel Voncken and his Trusty PSR-S970 [Re: Bachus]
KORG80 Offline

Excellent demo. His version of "Sultans of Swing" would convince me to buy the keyboard even if I knew nothing about keyboards. "Apache" was also really well done.

Don Mason's assessment is right on especially considering the vocal harmony. I would have traded my S750 for an S970 if they had scrapped VH2 and put in a quality harmonizer. Michael did not attempt to demonstrate the vocal harmony on the 970 which tells the tale on that toy they call VH2.

God Bless,
Don

#420087 - 04/19/16 10:25 PM Re: Michel Voncken and his Trusty PSR-S970 [Re: KORG80]
KORG80 Offline

Donny, have you figured out how to make you laptop read your 970 screen? Or do you mean you use it for lyrics?

God Bless,
Don

#420129 - 04/20/16 12:56 PM Re: Michel Voncken and his Trusty PSR-S970 [Re: KORG80]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
Originally Posted By: KORG80
Excellent demo. His version of "Sultans of Swing" would convince me to buy the keyboard even if I knew nothing about keyboards.

Ditto.

What a great rendition.

Anybody know what style? Voice?

smile

Edited by guitpic1 (04/20/16 01:16 PM)

#420131 - 04/20/16 01:05 PM Re: Michel Voncken and his Trusty PSR-S970 [Re: Mikem]
Bachus Offline

Here it is ...

#420133 - 04/20/16 01:10 PM Re: Michel Voncken and his Trusty PSR-S970 [Re: Bachus]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri

Here it is ...

Maybe this video deserves its own thread?

Edited by guitpic1 (04/20/16 01:14 PM)

#420144 - 04/20/16 02:05 PM Re: Michel Voncken and his Trusty PSR-S970 [Re: guitpic1]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: guitpic1

Here it is ...

Maybe this video deserves its own thread?

It probably does...

I think its the best pa4x demo i have heared so far..
( maybe because i also understand german)

Here is another one from the same veranstaltung..

Enjoy the sd7 in comparrison to psr970 t5 and pa4x

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online