SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#420082 - 04/19/16 09:18 PM Great Gig With PSR-S970
shueymusic Offline

Loc: Lebanon, PA
[img]https://flic.kr/p/G1FtCs[/img]

Had a great 45 minute solo gig for 85 seniors! They enjoyed the songs and had a great time. I loved using the assignable knob for volume control over the audio from the USB flash drive. I mainly sing and play piano over tracks I did in the studio. Yamaha DXR10 speakers handled the large room. There was a dance floor... I told them they could dance off the great meal they just had... A few took me up on the offer. My RocknRoller R8RT got the job done as always!

Set List...
God Bless America
Satin Doll
Let's Twist Again
Rock Around The Clock
Dream Lover
This Is The Moment from Jekyll and Hyde
Tennessee Waltz
At The Hop
In The Mood
To Make You Feel My Love
Tossin and Turnin
You Raise Me Up
God Bless The USA
Yamaha Genos - RCF M20x - RCF HD10A (Stereo) - Jupiter Pocket Trumpet - Sennheiser e935 - Neumann KMS-104 plus-N

#420086 - 04/19/16 10:23 PM Re: Great Gig With PSR-S970 [Re: shueymusic]
KORG80 Offline

Sounds like it suits your needs completely Do you input all your tracks from the Cakewalk interface?

I have the S750 and I have to input my vocals through my Digitech processor and into the AUDIO INPUT. To do what you are doing with your tracks. I could input my iPad into the Bose Compact or I could tore .wav files on A thumb drive. Never really experimented much but You've made me realize that I could record myself singing back up, eg DUM DUM DUM DUM DEE DOO WAH for "Only The Lonely". Thanks for the inspiration. I'll have to experiment.

God Bless,
Don

#420107 - 04/20/16 06:04 AM Re: Great Gig With PSR-S970 [Re: shueymusic]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: shueymusic
[img]https://flic.kr/p/G1FtCs[/img]

Had a great 45 minute solo gig for 85 seniors! They enjoyed the songs and had a great time. I loved using the assignable knob for volume control over the audio from the USB flash drive. I mainly sing and play piano over tracks I did in the studio. Yamaha DXR10 speakers handled the large room. There was a dance floor... I told them they could dance off the great meal they just had... A few took me up on the offer. My RocknRoller R8RT got the job done as always!

Set List...
God Bless America
Satin Doll
Let's Twist Again
Rock Around The Clock
Dream Lover
This Is The Moment from Jekyll and Hyde
Tennessee Waltz
At The Hop
In The Mood
To Make You Feel My Love
Tossin and Turnin
You Raise Me Up
God Bless The USA

It sounds like you had a great time at your job with the S970...
I get that feeling every day,.....the good about the S970 outweighs the bad for sure,...it's fun to gig with and in the right hands can certainly accomplish just about any scenario with so many great sounding styles & sounds to choose from,....with just a few changes in features in future S models I feel it will become the ultimate gigging arranger keyboard. cool2

Good Luck

#420124 - 04/20/16 11:46 AM Re: Great Gig With PSR-S970 [Re: Dnj]
shueymusic Offline

A tilt screen due to lights or sun 🌞
Next level key action 🎹

A simple set list feature would be great...
Pick a few sounds like OTS... Attach text file for words... Attach pictures to go it to the display... Attach samples to multipads... Attach WAV files...

So, basically a registration with more features and easier to organize.
Yamaha Genos - RCF M20x - RCF HD10A (Stereo) - Jupiter Pocket Trumpet - Sennheiser e935 - Neumann KMS-104 plus-N

#420126 - 04/20/16 12:09 PM Re: Great Gig With PSR-S970 [Re: KORG80]
shueymusic Offline

I always like to create my own arrangements. So that's why I did MIDI files on the keyboard. I now do it as a WAV file because I have many arrangements over many different platforms, WAV files work the best! I just play them via a USB drive directly on the PSR-S970. The VS100 works as a backup via SD card. I also run it as a mixer... 2 mics for when we are in duo mode. It gives us FX on vocals. The 970 runs in stereo to the VS100... The balanced out to Yamaha DXR10 speakers.

You can make your tracks anyway you want. You just have to remember when to come in and how to stay with the track. I either sing... Sing and play... Or play while my wife sings... Play and we both sing. I pull out my pocket trumpet for a few tunes to show the crowd I do more. We also make a point to play a few songs live with just piano or a guitar sound to show we are really playing. I also make a point to tell everyone that I do these arrangements in my home studio... Just to make it clear.

Styles are for requests or building songs I don't want to arrange. I have a bunch of Tune1000 midi files ready for a Karaoke version, if I know the song enough.

It's fun

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online