SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#419661 - 04/11/16 02:33 PM Tonight's job
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Normally the place I work is closed on Monday but tonight there is a private function in the other part of the building, the main dining room.
Rather than move my two Bose Compacts, stand, laptop, lights, cables, etc., I will just take a small kb stand, the PA4X, and a Lucas Nano 300. I'll simply come out of left and right from the KB into the Nano, separate the speakers, plug a mic in and go. If I need lyrics, they are all in the Korg.
I'm sort of looking forward to doing it a little differently!
The dinner party probably won't last two hours.

#419663 - 04/11/16 02:56 PM Re: Tonight's job [Re: DonM]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Take pics or video ...

(I had to beat Donny to it laugh2 )

#419664 - 04/11/16 03:00 PM Re: Tonight's job [Re: tony mads usa]
Dnj Offline

bounce

#419669 - 04/11/16 05:46 PM Re: Tonight's job [Re: Dnj]
Torch Offline

Don,
How do you like the Nano300 with vocal? I still have my Nano 300. Good sounding for instruments, but I struggled to adjust it for the vocal.

Chris

Edited by Torch (04/11/16 06:01 PM)
"You Shall Know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free." John 8:32

#419679 - 04/11/16 08:39 PM Re: Tonight's job [Re: DonM]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I like it just fine, but I run my vocals through the PA4x, then everything into the Nano, or whatever pa I'm using.
I thought everything sounded great tonight. Got lots of good comments. I was expecting 40 or so people and there were about 100. The Compacts were in the other room, but I didn't feel I needed them.
It was mostly listening, but a few people got up and danced.
Be sure when you are mixing with the Nano to not get too much bass; it has a lot of bass if you pump it up. It could muddy your vocals if you are not careful.

#419685 - 04/11/16 10:22 PM Re: Tonight's job [Re: DonM]
Torch Offline

Thanks for your reply. A couple of months ago I took a Nano 300 overseas and gave it to a small church. When I set it up for them, their backup music sounded good, but the vocal was indeed muddy. I have one at home. I will have to remember to turn down the bass especially when vocal goes through it.

Chris
"You Shall Know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free." John 8:32

#419703 - 04/12/16 06:38 AM Re: Tonight's job [Re: DonM]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: DonM
I like it just fine, but I run my vocals through the PA4x, then everything into the Nano, or whatever pa I'm using.
I thought everything sounded great tonight. Got lots of good comments. I was expecting 40 or so people and there were about 100. The Compacts were in the other room, but I didn't feel I needed them.
It was mostly listening, but a few people got up and danced.
Be sure when you are mixing with the Nano to not get too much bass; it has a lot of bass if you pump it up. It could muddy your vocals if you are not careful.

Glad to hear all went well Don I knew it would,..I had fun with my Nano 300's and 600's also but have moved on Lovin my New Maui 5's now on stage I got from Farnk at Audioworks...LD is making some great speakers.
Thanx for the report of your gig.. cool2

#419704 - 04/12/16 06:45 AM Re: Tonight's job [Re: Torch]
rosetree
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Torch
Thanks for your reply. A couple of months ago I took a Nano 300 overseas and gave it to a small church. When I set it up for them, their backup music sounded good, but the vocal was indeed muddy. I have one at home. I will have to remember to turn down the bass especially when vocal goes through it.

Chris

When I used the Nano with our band, we had huge problems to make the vocals of our female singer sound clear and good. Switching an additional mixer with equalizer in between improved things only slightly. Running the vocals through my beloved FBT J5A speakers additionally was a huge improvement.

#419706 - 04/12/16 07:52 AM Re: Tonight's job [Re: DonM]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
Sometimes simple is best. Glad it worked out for you

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online