SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#419188 - 04/05/16 01:26 PM Messin with the Go Pro last night
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I mounted the Go Pro on a suction cup on top of my custom console, which put it about 5 feet from the Bose L1 Compact. My main concern was whether or not the audio would have any degree of quality. I was pleasantly surprised.

This was early in the evening, while most everyone had just been served their dinner, so only a two couples got up to dance, but that's OK as well. Later, after they finished eating, the dance floor was packed. The guy I was filling in for arrived, brought his PC and mic, and did a few Karaoke numbers, and in the video you can see his mic on the right side as he sang along with me on this song.

The lady on the left is 91 years old, the guy she is dancing with is in his late 50s. The couple on the right are both in their mid 80s, and love to dance, especially rumba and cha cha songs.

Another fun night in Paradise,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#419189 - 04/05/16 01:33 PM Re: Messin with the Go Pro last night [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

clap party clap

#419298 - 04/06/16 05:29 PM Re: Messin with the Go Pro last night [Re: travlin'easy]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
A good time for everyone!

#419300 - 04/06/16 05:57 PM Re: Messin with the Go Pro last night [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

Yep! I'm gonna really miss this part of musical entertainment.

Gary cool

#419341 - 04/07/16 05:56 AM Re: Messin with the Go Pro last night [Re: travlin'easy]
broker22 Offline

Looked like a lot of fun Cal.

#419347 - 04/07/16 06:44 AM Re: Messin with the Go Pro last night [Re: broker22]
bruno123 Offline

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Gary, is this set up less work? Could you use you mixer with the house system?

I’m searching for way for you to continue what you love.

John C.

#419357 - 04/07/16 07:55 AM Re: Messin with the Go Pro last night [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

John, today, the weather is cold and rainy. When the low pressure system came through about 8 am that triggered the rain storm, the pain in my lower back was so excruciating that I needed a cane to get from the bedroom to the kitchen. My last, regular, music job is tomorrow, and that's for certain. I couldn't imagine trying to lift that keyboard out of the van and on to the rock and roller cart today.

My setup is incredibly easy, and very quick, just 7 minutes. The Go Pro Video camera was held in place on top of my custom console with a suction cup device, and I have not used a mixer in more than a decade. I think I sold my last one to someone on the PSR-Tutorial site. I posted a video of my setup here some time ago, and I'll dig it up and post it again on this thread so you can get an idea of just how easy it is.

All the best,

Gary cool

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online