SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#419023 - 04/01/16 11:30 AM Introduction
MasterWoofie Offline

Loc: Panama City, FL USA
Thanks for the add, Nigel!

Hi, everyone. Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Steve, or Woofie, 54 years old, live in PC, FL, from Alabama, ex-Navy, etc etc. I've been piddling around with keyboards for years, have a couple of old Korgs, a DS-8 and an X5D. I just bought myself a Roland A-800 Pro, and I'm trying to get a handle on it and Midi software. I've never used any midi software before. It came with Ableton Live Lite, currently running the 30 day trial of the full version.

I'm a computer geek, no programming, just a builder and familiar with terms for the most part. Disabled, so I'm somewhat limited strength and mobility wise these days. Just mentioning all that, so that will perhaps give people an understanding of my general knowledge level.

So, I'm looking for suggestions on software, preferably free (no illegal versions, plz), how-tos with what I have or things people suggest, etc.

If there is a better place to learn or way to learn, I'm up for suggestions!

Thanks, and looking forward to learning and getting to know people.

#419161 - 04/05/16 03:49 AM Re: Introduction [Re: MasterWoofie]
analogcontrolfreak Offline

Have you tried the Keyboard Corner, on the Music Player Forum?

http://forums.musicplayer.com/ubbthreads.php/forums/18/1/The_Keyboard_Corner

You will find your answer over there, faster then on here. Only because the KC gets more traffic, then this forum does.

This forum, is geared more towards Arranger Keyboards, then pretty much anything else. I do, remember, when this site was more active, then now. Of Course, that was before Facebook and YouTube, and a few other places.

You can still be a member here, It may be a while before you get reply? Although Nigel, is pretty good at that.

Paul

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online