SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#418755 - 03/26/16 08:10 AM Solo voices..
Bachus Offline

Both the Roland attelier Organ as wel as the Yamaha Stagea have a solo voice register..

Solo voices work a little different from normal voices as you can choose to use them on top of the normal voices, but only sound on the top not (of the right hand) or thelast note played..

I have been wondering why this never found its way to arranger keyboards ( nor to the Wersi organs)

I was at music store today and got to toy with a use Roland atelier, and really loved this feature..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#418761 - 03/26/16 10:37 AM Re: Solo voices.. [Re: Bachus]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
The Solo (Mono) voices stem from the early days of the electronic entertainment organ when technology was limited, (Even the early arrangers had them) however with the increase in sampling the need was no more. (Some manufactures kept a few (Mainly on organs) but were not fashionable outside of this)

To achieve this on a Wersi, you can use the solo feature of the Wersichord, change the voice to mono in the sound editor (Although not marked there are a number of solo voices in the Wersi instruments) and also program how the note behaves.

Glad you enjoyed your visit to Music Store, were the Wersi OAX instruments running V1.20 or still on V1.10.

BTW as the Ateliers have now been discontinued by Roland, there are some cracking deals to be had on the remaining models left in stock.

Bill

Note: Wersi and Bohm don’t believe in providing just a limited amount of voices designed for a specific job, but instead allow you to use and setup the voice however you like.

Edited by abacus (03/26/16 11:06 AM)
Edit Reason: Additional info added

#418766 - 03/26/16 11:36 AM Re: Solo voices.. [Re: abacus]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: abacus
The Solo (Mono) voices stem from the early days of the electronic entertainment organ when technology was limited, (Even the early arrangers had them) however with the increase in sampling the need was no more. (Some manufactures kept a few (Mainly on organs) but were not fashionable outside of this)

To achieve this on a Wersi, you can use the solo feature of the Wersichord, change the voice to mono in the sound editor (Although not marked there are a number of solo voices in the Wersi instruments) and also program how the note behaves.

Glad you enjoyed your visit to Music Store, were the Wersi OAX instruments running V1.20 or still on V1.10.

BTW as the Ateliers have now been discontinued by Roland, there are some cracking deals to be had on the remaining models left in stock.

Bill

Note: Wersi and Bohm don’t believe in providing just a limited amount of voices designed for a specific job, but instead allow you to use and setup the voice however you like.

I didnt check the version of the Sonic i played... tough it was the same demo model they used last year and for grabs, the orriginal Sonic for 12.000 euro´s.

I came to the same conclusion as a few months ago, solo voices blew me away, sadly the styles are not on par with the pa4x that i played just before, as a direct comparrison..

Its good to now, having solo voices is part of Wersi chord..

And yes, i agree with you that the touchscreen interface is what the future of keyboard instruments should look. combined with both an easy and a pro mode..

Just perfect for all things performance related...

Maybe Wersi should buy Varranger copies from Dan, that would give them access to the latest Yamaha, Korg, Ketron and Roland styles...

#418774 - 03/26/16 02:28 PM Re: Solo voices.. [Re: Bachus]
Bachus Offline

I did some research... But pa4x allows you to create voices that behave just like this...

#418810 - 03/28/16 09:42 AM Re: Solo voices.. [Re: Bachus]
Torch Offline

Originally Posted By: Bachus
Both the Roland attelier Organ as wel as the Yamaha Stagea have a solo voice register..

Solo voices work a little different from normal voices as you can choose to use them on top of the normal voices, but only sound on the top not (of the right hand) or thelast note played..

I have been wondering why this never found its way to arranger keyboards ( nor to the Wersi organs)

I was at music store today and got to toy with a use Roland atelier, and really loved this feature..
Roland V accordion have this feature and more. You can place a specific voice on top or at the bottom. My V3 Sound Desktop arranger has a more elaborate implementation of this feature. You can position different instruments in different voices of a chord. For instance, the trumpet on top, the French horn in the middle, and the trombone at the bottom. Or, you can leave one voice empty and let an acousitc instrument play that part. You get a real nice blending of instruments. Block chords played by the Sax but only the top note played by the clarinet will be a Glenn Miller sound.
"You Shall Know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free." John 8:32

#418816 - 03/28/16 10:27 AM Re: Solo voices.. [Re: Torch]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: Torch
Originally Posted By: Bachus

Roland V accordion have this feature and more. You can place a specific voice on top or at the bottom. My V3 Sound Desktop arranger has a more elaborate implementation of this feature. You can position different instruments in different voices of a chord. For instance, the trumpet on top, the French horn in the middle, and the trombone at the bottom. Or, you can leave one voice empty and let an acousitc instrument play that part. You get a real nice blending of instruments. Block chords played by the Sax but only the top note played by the clarinet will be a Glenn Miller sound.

That sounds much like the Yamaha Tyros 5 ensemble voices... Also the Jupiter 80 has a way to create ensemble voices in a liveset..

But whats your V3 sound desktop arranger?
Is that part of the V-accordion?

#418818 - 03/28/16 11:25 AM Re: Solo voices.. [Re: Bachus]
Bachus Offline

Never mind, just found my answer..

Didnt know that module yet..

Edited by Bachus (03/28/16 11:27 AM)

#418853 - 03/29/16 10:50 AM Re: Solo voices.. [Re: Bachus]
Torch Offline

The Desktop arranger by V3 Sound is, I would say, a specialty arranger for a niche market. I really like their brass instruments, theater organ sound board, Celtic board, and etc
"You Shall Know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free." John 8:32

#418855 - 03/29/16 11:23 AM Re: Solo voices.. [Re: Torch]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: Torch
The Desktop arranger by V3 Sound is, I would say, a specialty arranger for a niche market. I really like their brass instruments, theater organ sound board, Celtic board, and etc

I found they also sell their sounds now as VSTs.. So if anyone wants to add them to Varranger... Feel free..

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online