SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#418660 - 03/23/16 12:30 PM It's a small, dangerous world...
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
We got a call....my family's favorite "great niece" and her husband are missing after the outbreak in Brussels.

The girl's mother, whom we are very close to, was in the station and had just said goodby to the kids. The explosion came. She has physical problems and can't hear out of one ear.

The children are on the "missing list" as of 3:00 PM.

What a sad world we live in.

Russ

#418664 - 03/23/16 03:40 PM Re: It's a small, dangerous world... [Re: captain Russ]

The local news just announced that the two have been found with injuries at a local hospital.

What a rough two days. No one in our extended family has slept at all.

R.

#418665 - 03/23/16 03:42 PM Re: It's a small, dangerous world... [Re: captain Russ]
rosetree
Unregistered

That is incredibly bad luck and horrific, I'm very sorry. Everybody thinks, as some politicians in Germany stressed yesterday, it's statistically far more likely to die in a car accident today than to be affected by such a terror attack, but in this case, all statistics is useless. I just strongly hope there is still a chance they turn up alive and well.

EDIT: Oh, you just posted the relieving news!!

Edited by rosetree (03/23/16 03:43 PM)

#418668 - 03/23/16 05:11 PM Re: It's a small, dangerous world... [Re: captain Russ]
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
That's good news after a bad call, Russ.

By the way, I may visit Europe at he end of June and land at Zaventem.

Rudi

#418671 - 03/23/16 07:31 PM Re: It's a small, dangerous world... [Re: captain Russ]
The Saint Offline

Loc: Sydney Australia
That's good news Russ, hope the injuries are minor and that they can recover from them soon.This dreadful act makes us realise how vulnerable we all are.
Hope the next news is better.

Ray dance

#418692 - 03/24/16 09:22 AM Re: It's a small, dangerous world... [Re: The Saint]

Sorry, false alarm. Early last night, the news came that the people found were not our relatives. They're still missing as of a few minutes ago.

This is one of my all-time favorite young ladies. A great young woman, who has done nothing but make this world a nicer place.

We are slowly loosing hope. Tragedies like this should NEVER happen! Don't think I've ever been this low.

Russ

#418716 - 03/24/16 10:59 PM Re: It's a small, dangerous world... [Re: captain Russ]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
This is so sad Russ. I am praying for them.

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online