SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#41845 - 03/19/03 10:02 AM Something weird going on...
ogre Offline

Loc: UK
Happily playing using Bossa 1 style and on pressing the ending button ( can't recall which one) and got a totally new and interesting ending. Haven't been able to reproduce this but wonder if there are other hidden things in the KN7, and if anyone else has experienced this? Or are they closer to xoming to take me away ?

Ogre

#41846 - 03/19/03 10:14 AM Re: Something weird going on...
Walter McLaren Offline

Loc: Borders. Scotland
Did you finish on a minor chord!!!! Walter.

#41847 - 03/19/03 12:14 PM Re: Something weird going on...
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Good thought Walter..... Hey ! What's a deserter like you doing on this Forum

Be off with you to the Tyranasaurus Area
Seriously, how's things going with the Yamaha ?

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#41848 - 03/20/03 02:07 AM Re: Something weird going on...
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Just another thought.... possibly the Sound Arranger switched on ?? Some of the styles, intros and endings are quite different when the Sound Arranger is turned one. This is particularly evident on Bossa 1 voicing.

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#41849 - 03/20/03 05:51 AM Re: Something weird going on...
jaxziel Offline

Loc: Robbinsville,NJ,USA
Wow,you guys woke me up to that arranger thing,I didn't realise it's so powerful.I tried theendings with the arranger on/off and added diffrent instrumentation much to my delight a whole new concept to the style.Ya shouln't miss a post on this valuable forum,I wish there was a Hammond group out there as I'm restoring a B2 and very little out there for me. Thanks folks Jax

#41850 - 03/20/03 10:18 AM Re: Something weird going on...
ogre Offline

Loc: UK
Golly Gosh Walter, you're spot on. I didn't see any mention about this "extra" when I first read the manual, and having read it again today still can't find anything. If it's not in there it looks like another area where Technics don't do themselves any favours in keeping things hidden from their customers - like explanations about what the 6000 updates did.

Agreed the sound arranger makes a tremendous difference but I don't think it changes the arrangements of the styles/variations, just the sounds???

Ogre

#41851 - 03/20/03 02:02 PM Re: Something weird going on...
Walter McLaren Offline

Loc: Borders. Scotland
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bill Norrie:
[B]Good thought Walter..... Hey ! What's a deserter like you doing on this Forum

Be off with you to the Tyranasaurus Area
Seriously, how's things going with the Yamaha ?

Thanks Bill. Tyros, great, if they used some of the 7000 features it would be fantastic.
I should have kept it and had the best of both. Unfortunately the music room,
( funny, Jean calls it the living room)!!, would not look good with two stacked boards.
The backings are fantastic, as are the voices, I miss the 7000 organs, I love an organ, although the Tyros are good. I really miss the 7000 home page, I had customised it to my needs, and saw at a glance, all 8 panel memory voices, the pads, and all relevant settings and information. I was surprised that any song recorded is saved as a midi file, and can be played on any board, although dependant on voices used, the sound can be a bit different, but at least it can be heard. As you know I did not buy the speakers, but play it through my HiFi, as I did with the7000. The inst. book is, Difficult!! I have just spent three days at it and now know a lot more about it. Still go to where the 7000 buttons were and this causes problems, but I should get used to it. I certainly do not regret changing it’s the best board I have heard.
Another downside, I “miss” the Forum, I still look at it before the Yam.!!! And I miss participation, which seems strange, since I have never met, apart from you, any of them. It seemed like family!!! Cheers. Walter.

#41852 - 03/21/03 01:42 PM Re: Something weird going on...
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Walter,
I had the same problem. I'm not allowed to keep 2 keyboards in the living room either. I was lucky my hubby even allowed me to put the KN7 hidden away in the corner.

I still ended up keeping my PSRPro ( in a spare room), even though I never used it after I got the KN7. Worth next to nothing second hand, I decided to keep it.

Now that I discovered the audio functions on the KN7, I'm really happy that I did keep the pro. In a nutshell, I record the PSR as an audio backing ( instead of as a midifile) save it to the sd card, plug it into the kn7. and play along. ie backing track with psr voices, melody using KN7.

In short, I don't have to keep both keyboards in the living room.

best wishes
Rikki

p.s. Do you belong to the PSR Yahoo style group, they're a nice bunch also.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online