SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#418403 - 03/16/16 10:25 PM Re: Somthing soft and cuddly from France. [Re: Saswick]
Bachus Offline

I think Varranger is finally getting the applause it deserves..

The general opinion on this website seems to have grown from : just another software arranger
To a very interesting affordable high end solution..

IF Dan continues this way with adding more features, it will be the most advanced arranger in less then 2 years..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#418445 - 03/17/16 11:39 PM Re: Somthing soft and cuddly from France. [Re: Saswick]
Torch Offline

Originally Posted By: Saswick
Hi Guys

Up to now really impressed, just loaded all the pa3x factory styles, about half an hour. The beauty of it is not only can you map all the controls on the SL49 but you can easily map the keys on the computer ie stop/start - spacebar brilliant.

This is a quick (very quick) recording of the Country Blues style from the Pa3x, always wanted this one. See what you think Tony and Dom

https://app.box.com/s/1cpt8tgdshdu2t54lzflqx2qnnsxgg5x

Col
Right on. I am thinking of getting a mini USB wireless keyboard (about $10) and attach it to my midi accordion. That way I will be totally wireless and still control many functions of vArranger from a dirt cheap wireless USB keyboard while strolling around. If I use a new Korg Microkey Bluetooth, that's another way to play vArranger wirelessly.
"You Shall Know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free." John 8:32

#418481 - 03/18/16 07:31 PM Re: Somthing soft and cuddly from France. [Re: Bachus]
Torch Offline

I might add that the creator of vArranger deserves even a bigger applause. I have read many posts on the vArranger web site and here in regards to vArranger. His responses have been always gracious. That really says something about him, his support for customers and his product vArranger. I have never read any of his posts in which he was overly "protective" of his product. He doesn't have to be. VArranger speaks for itself. The other day I connected the Ketron SD4 to vArranger and it was as if my SD4 took on new life. All of a sudden, my small SD4 is very useful to me as a sound module controlled by vArranger giving me easy and quick access to sounds and drawbar settings for the organ and as a soundsource of vArranger. I can go on and on about some of the powerful features that I am discovering and Dan is adding some new features that will make many gig musicians happy. Whether I play an 88 keyboard, or Akai 26 midi controller, or my midi accordion, vArranger can accomodate all of them. If I may mention just one more thing, over the years I have been upgrading Band In A Box. Every year, it's about $200. Sometimes, I would skip but still, it gets expensive especially when I compare it with the Komplete 10 upgrade which cost me only $100. I don't know how Dan is motivated to add more features without a upgrade fee. He needs to be compensated for his work. Not that I am eager to spend money, but when he comes out with a major update like vArranger3, he should have an upgrade fee and I will be more than happy to pay for it.
Originally Posted By: Bachus
I think Varranger is finally getting the applause it deserves..

The general opinion on this website seems to have grown from : just another software arranger
To a very interesting affordable high end solution..

IF Dan continues this way with adding more features, it will be the most advanced arranger in less then 2 years..

#418483 - 03/18/16 08:06 PM Re: Somthing soft and cuddly from France. [Re: Saswick]
TedS Offline

Loc: North Texas, USA
Col, thanks for sharing but I have one question... how do you play with only 49 keys? If you have to play "on bass" chords, you would need 2 octaves just to control the accompaniment.

I like the compact setup and the idea that it fits comfortably on a desk. But it seems that for most songs you would run out of range at the top end.

#418491 - 03/18/16 11:30 PM Re: Somthing soft and cuddly from France. [Re: TedS]
Saswick Offline

Loc: Garstang, Preston, Lancashire,...
Morning Ted

I have the split set at G2 which gives me one and a half octave's for the left hand and two and half octave's for the right hand bearing in mind a sax only has two octaves it doe's seem to cause me any problem. Each to their own I suppose. Not being a piano player I can muddle through somehow.

Col

#418513 - 03/20/16 02:16 PM Re: Somthing soft and cuddly from France. [Re: Saswick]
Torch Offline

On my work desks, I have a Korg Microkey 61 and a 37. They take very little room and since my computer is always on, I can play anytime between breaks. I am thinking of getting the new Bluetooth version 49 keys. It is indeed limiting playing on the 37. I usually do not split and use sounds like the piano. It is just nice that I can use any controller with vArranger.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online