SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#418232 - 03/13/16 06:01 AM Re: New Korg Pa4X Musikant Show [Re: abacus]
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.

I concur with what abacus says. Here in Holland there are quite a few shops with back orders and as I am active on several forums here in Europe my understanding is that it is the same in France,Italy, Belgium and more countries. So for the time being the demand exceeds the supply. That having said I have also experienced on the arranger and Korg forums a widespread irritation ( to put it mildly) for the overall lack of support by Korg distributors and their interaction with the users.
The only person who responds ( modestly) to the queries and requests of the Korg users is Paolo ( Italy) but his hands seem to be tied as well. Sure there are many capable folks showcasing and highlighting the PA4X. But that is not what everyone is complaining about. The many bug issues in the PA4X are being addressed to some extent but way too few and too slow judging the current users. And there is absolutely NO communication whatsoever between Korg and the users.
As some of you know I am awaiting delivery of my PA4X ( for the second time around) late March and although I still have to postpone my final judgment I can also see from the different forums that misunderstanding is abundant as to the new OS that Korg ( Italy ?) have introduced. A hot topic for instance on the German Korg forum is the omission of the Performances and the corresponding Style Change button that all users have been used to since the introduction of the PA1X.
Those highlighting the use of the new Korg purport that it is all for the best and a great improvement. I beg to differ.....

regards,
John Smies

#418233 - 03/13/16 06:11 AM Re: New Korg Pa4X Musikant Show [Re: john smies]
rosetree
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: john smies

I concur with what abacus says. Here in Holland there are quite a few shops with back orders and as I am active on several forums here in Europe my understanding is that it is the same in France,Italy, Belgium and more countries. So for the time being the demand exceeds the supply. That having said I have also experienced on the arranger and Korg forums a widespread irritation ( to put it mildly) for the overall lack of support by Korg distributors and their interaction with the users.
The only person who responds ( modestly) to the queries and requests of the Korg users is Paolo ( Italy) but his hands seem to be tied as well. Sure there are many capable folks showcasing and highlighting the PA4X. But that is not what everyone is complaining about. The many bug issues in the PA4X are being addressed to some extent but way too few and too slow judging the current users. And there is absolutely NO communication whatsoever between Korg and the users.
As some of you know I am awaiting delivery of my PA4X ( for the second time around) late March and although I still have to postpone my final judgment I can also see from the different forums that misunderstanding is abundant as to the new OS that Korg ( Italy ?) have introduced. A hot topic for instance on the German Korg forum is the omission of the Performances and the corresponding Style Change button that all users have been used to since the introduction of the PA1X.
Those highlighting the use of the new Korg purport that it is all for the best and a great improvement. I beg to differ.....

regards,
John Smies

OT: Thanks for hinting me at three expressions in English that I wasn't familiar with. Your posts often contain such useful words that, for whatever reason, haven't been in my active vocabulary before so that I immediately add them to my training list at www.leo.org. - Sorry for the OT.

#418234 - 03/13/16 06:34 AM Re: New Korg Pa4X Musikant Show [Re: Mikem]
Dnj Offline

back orders could work against KORG as impatient players ready to buy will stray to Yamaha or others,...that said as time passes it brings Yamaha & others closer to releasing NEW units which possibly could cut into the sales of the Pa4x that are not ready to ship.

#418235 - 03/13/16 07:39 AM Re: New Korg Pa4X Musikant Show [Re: Mikem]
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Quote Thomann: "Due back in stock on 02.05.2016"

Even if returnpolicy are good, there is a lot of hassle to try out the machine that way.
To take a plane abroad to try it, add the cost as much $ as I could buy a big Wersi and still have some money left to addons.

coffee
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#418236 - 03/13/16 07:47 AM Re: New Korg Pa4X Musikant Show [Re: ]
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.
[/quote]

OT: Thanks for hinting me at three expressions in English that I wasn't familiar with. Your posts often contain such useful words that, for whatever reason, haven't been in my active vocabulary before so that I immediately add them to my training list at www.leo.org. - Sorry for the OT. [/quote]

my pleasure smile

John

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online