SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#417012 - 02/19/16 03:49 PM Re: Roland V-Combo VR09 Nice Demo... [Re: Dnj]
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Originally Posted By: Dnj
It's in the house, as usual Frank at Audioworks is THE BEST!! if you need gear give him a call first thing he'll do you right every time!
...I'll start out by saying the Roland VR09 keybed action is better then my S970 right off the bat,..been playing it for about an hour and it's really sounding amazing..
Organs,Pianos, Synths & more are Super, exploring a bit here & there don't have that much time,but I'm very happy so far, cant wait to take it out on a gig,..... I Picked it up and OMG 12 lbs really? Loaded a few Mp3 backing tracks on a USB stick and they played perfectly & easy to play along and switch sounds,...it's real easy to control all sounds & perimeters in real time...the Leslie on/off brings back my Hammond B3 days so much wow!..I was happy that the new ver. 1.03 was already inside too..to be continued. cool2

Congrats Donny.
How are you planing on using it?
As far as I can tell it has no styles only drums. Correct?
Are you using it as a stand alone or with the 970, or?
Enjoy smile
Eric

#417013 - 02/19/16 04:09 PM Re: Roland V-Combo VR09 Nice Demo... [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Eric thanx, There is life "after styles" lol... I plan to use it playing & singing against my custom backing tracks, many were created using the S970 & as a back up to my S970. I'll record with iut to for certain projects, Also use it when I play with other people it's a great 12lb lightweight powerhouse performance KB with great sounds...

Edited by Dnj (02/19/16 04:11 PM)

#417020 - 02/19/16 06:30 PM Re: Roland V-Combo VR09 Nice Demo... [Re: Dnj]
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Cool. smile
Good Luck.
Enjoy
Eric

#417058 - 02/20/16 09:48 AM Re: Roland V-Combo VR09 Nice Demo... [Re: Eric, B]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Eric, B
Cool. smile
Good Luck.
Enjoy Eric

I'll tell you it sounds great and it's a real pleasure to play ...everything is right on deck situated in logical order and very easy to access playing live...drawbars, tweaks, perimeters, fx, comp, tone, mfx, resonance, attack, percussion, chorus, etc, sounds, drums, all in separate banks with buttons,...and the D beam can be assigned to do all sorts of things. Also even though it's only 12lbs all the buttons, keys, joystick, have a nice quality sturdy rugged feel. The display is small but it's very bright, adjustable, and legible to read. The Looper feature is very kool too, you can really build up & record phrases to use in your DAW easily...or just as a recording scratch pad for muiltitrack ideas..drum patterns are very usable also to play along with lets say a split Lh bass/piano etc,.. the VR09 leslie sim is much better then my Yamaha s970 it's got a set of balls when you throw it on baby! cool2

Edited by Dnj (02/20/16 10:07 AM)

#417422 - 02/26/16 11:33 AM Re: Roland V-Combo VR09 Nice Demo... [Re: Dnj]
tom moon Offline

Loc: Haddonfield, NJ, USA
I have a ?? about the looper -- is it possible to capture a groove from MP3 backing track and use that as the basis for a loop? in other words, can you....
play one of your custom backing tracks via the USB thumb drive
record it into the looper
then use the keyboard to add additional layers?

thanks
and thanks for all those demos. I'm interested in this board, really miss the Roland EPs....

#417450 - 02/27/16 10:54 AM Re: Roland V-Combo VR09 Nice Demo... [Re: tom moon]
tom moon Offline

anyone know the answer to this question? really curious! thanks....

#417451 - 02/27/16 11:01 AM Re: Roland V-Combo VR09 Nice Demo... [Re: tom moon]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: tom moon
anyone know the answer to this question? really curious! thanks....

The VR-09 gives you about 20 seconds of stereo sampling time to lay down each pass: bass line, drum figure, synth riff, and whatever else, and you can save the results to a USB stick. You can also use the USB connection to record your performances in audio or MIDI form and play back audio files to solo over.

VR-09: There’s no MIDI sequencer or sampler on the VR-09; however, there is an audio looper that allows for loops up to 20 seconds long and unlimited overdubs. The looper is a very expressive tool and can add an interesting dynamic to your live performances. It can even be controlled by a foot switch.

Edited by Dnj (02/27/16 12:42 PM)

#417508 - 02/28/16 07:26 AM Re: Roland V-Combo VR09 Nice Demo... [Re: Dnj]
tom moon Offline

right, thanks.
it sounds like it's not possible to introduce mp3 rhythm loops into the looper -- the way I read the manual, you either start with the onboard rhythms or build from scratch using a drum kit.

it would be great to import a drum loop (made on a PSR or whatever) and then add to that by layering via the looper....

#417509 - 02/28/16 07:37 AM Re: Roland V-Combo VR09 Nice Demo... [Re: tom moon]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: tom moon
right, thanks.
it sounds like it's not possible to introduce mp3 rhythm loops into the looper -- the way I read the manual, you either start with the onboard rhythms or build from scratch using a drum kit.

it would be great to import a drum loop (made on a PSR or whatever) and then add to that by layering via the looper....

you can do it easily with a Roland BK9

[video:youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3s5CLM_vcg#t=61[/video]

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online