SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#417424 - 02/26/16 12:47 PM Re: ROLAND E A7 [Re: DanO1]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: DanO1
Why 2 separate screens ? Navigation sucks on Roland arrangers IMO.

Dan...I think we should hear from some BK9/E A7 SZ players on the attributes of the double screen and or coupled with an iPad also pro/con?

#417438 - 02/26/16 08:32 PM Re: ROLAND E A7 [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: Dnj
Originally Posted By: DanO1
Why 2 separate screens ? Navigation sucks on Roland arrangers IMO.

Dan...I think we should hear from some BK9/E A7 SZ players on the attributes of the double screen and or coupled with an iPad also pro/con?

I agree with you, you can not have an indepth opinion on this unless you atleast spend many hours playing with this..

I personally can see the advantage of having sepperate screen for sounds and styles..
What i dont understand is why they stpped away from a touchscreen, the G70 had a topknotch touchscreen solution...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#417745 - 03/02/16 04:35 PM Re: ROLAND E A7 [Re: Dnj]
hitman Offline

Loc: VA/ USA
I have the BK-9 and E-A7 a the moment and have to say that the BK-9 is still a superior board sound-wise - more sounds, MFX etc. However, the E-A7 excels when it comes to navigation and accessing user content. The dual screen is fantastic on the E-A7 due to abundance of buttons (sort of like on Yamaha), but a real pain on BK-9 due to the stupid dial and no ENTER/ CONFIRM button. Now the BK-9 has the advantage of using the IPAD/apps, but where they messed up is the lack of USER Content access through the apps. For the money, both of these boards are phenomenal and can sound like any of the TOTL arrangers with little tweaking. Oh, the accordion sounds on the E-A7 are out of this world.

Let me know if anybody needs a direct comparison of any features while I still have both.

Goran

#417747 - 03/02/16 05:01 PM Re: ROLAND E A7 [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Goran good report thanx

#417762 - 03/03/16 12:45 AM Re: ROLAND E A7 [Re: hitman]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: hitman
I have the BK-9 and E-A7 a the moment and have to say that the BK-9 is still a superior board sound-wise - more sounds, MFX etc. However, the E-A7 excels when it comes to navigation and accessing user content. The dual screen is fantastic on the E-A7 due to abundance of buttons (sort of like on Yamaha), but a real pain on BK-9 due to the stupid dial and no ENTER/ CONFIRM button. Now the BK-9 has the advantage of using the IPAD/apps, but where they messed up is the lack of USER Content access through the apps. For the money, both of these boards are phenomenal and can sound like any of the TOTL arrangers with little tweaking. Oh, the accordion sounds on the E-A7 are out of this world.

Let me know if anybody needs a direct comparison of any features while I still have both.

Goran

Thats the first real musicians comparisson i see on the both...

I sing bring on the ea-9, with the full soundset of the Integra 7, some livesets (RD800 and Jupiter 50/80 have livesets, the once in the Jupiter can also be set to function like the ensembles in Tyros 5), the FA series arpegiator and two color touchscreens...

And ROland has a new TOTL arranger at half the price of a Tyros 5..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#417783 - 03/03/16 10:09 AM Re: ROLAND E A7 [Re: hitman]
salsaman Offline

Loc: Port Angeles, WA., USA
Does the BK-09 dial have a push button select underneath the dial? In other words spin the dial then press the dial to confirm the selection.

I don't have a BK-9 so I can't confirm. Just a thought.

#417807 - 03/03/16 05:51 PM Re: ROLAND E A7 [Re: salsaman]
hitman Offline

Loc: VA/ USA
Salsaman, the BK-9 does not have a select button - you have to push the dial down to do that. Now, they do have a select button right besides the dial, but it only switches between the two screens - I imagine a simple OS update could enable the button to act as ENTER/ CONFIRM. Furthermore, the dial can be touchy when pushing down and you have to kind of use 2 fingers to keep it centered in order not to change any values while confirming.

to elaborate on the user content access (styles etc.), my biggest gripe is that once you select a user style and exit the folder, upon return to choose another style you start at the top of the list and not from the last selected style. This is so counter productive and involves a lot of scrolling depending on the number of items contained in the folder. I guess they really wanted you to use performances for everything.

Despite everything, the keybed on the BK-9 is is excellent in my opinion and makes it worth putting up with the shortcomings. However, I still prefer the little E-A7's buttons and accessibility to menus and options. As of right now, I think I am going to keep both.

Edited by hitman (03/03/16 05:57 PM)

#417822 - 03/04/16 06:03 AM Re: ROLAND E A7 [Re: hitman]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: hitman
Salsaman, the BK-9 does not have a select button - you have to push the dial down to do that. Now, they do have a select button right besides the dial, but it only switches between the two screens - I imagine a simple OS update could enable the button to act as ENTER/ CONFIRM. Furthermore, the dial can be touchy when pushing down and you have to kind of use 2 fingers to keep it centered in order not to change any values while confirming.

to elaborate on the user content access (styles etc.), my biggest gripe is that once you select a user style and exit the folder, upon return to choose another style you start at the top of the list and not from the last selected style. This is so counter productive and involves a lot of scrolling depending on the number of items contained in the folder. I guess they really wanted you to use performances for everything.

Despite everything, the keybed on the BK-9 is is excellent in my opinion and makes it worth putting up with the shortcomings. However, I still prefer the little E-A7's buttons and accessibility to menus and options. As of right now, I think I am going to keep both.

Attachments
control-wheel.jpg

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online