SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#416625 - 02/12/16 02:41 PM Today, my best friend was the ...
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
'TRANSPOSE BUTTON' ... as I mentioned on another thread, I got a sore throat and chest congestion all of a sudden on Thursday ... after a good night's sleep, this morning it was much worse confused1 ... I had to play the gig, so I followed Donny's advice and on the way to the gig I had some hot tea with honey... that helped, but the biggest help was the fact that I was able to lower the keys of my vocals by 1 1/2 to 2 steps so I could hit all the notes ...
I usually sing in keys where the highest note of the song is pretty much near the top of my vocal range .. lowering the key with the TRANSPOSE BUTTON helped a great deal ... a good number of people came up and told me how much they enjoyed it and the AD booked me for the same gig next year and said she will call me in March when she looks at her calendar for the rest of the year ... she doesn't know it but she will be getting a call in the latter part of February ... wink

#416629 - 02/12/16 03:17 PM Re: Today, my best friend was the ... [Re: tony mads usa]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: tony mads usa
'TRANSPOSE BUTTON' ... as I mentioned on another thread, I got a sore throat and chest congestion all of a sudden on Thursday ... after a good night's sleep, this morning it was much worse confused1 ... I had to play the gig, so I followed Donny's advice and on the way to the gig I had some hot tea with honey... that helped, but the biggest help was the fact that I was able to lower the keys of my vocals by 1 1/2 to 2 steps so I could hit all the notes ...
I usually sing in keys where the highest note of the song is pretty much near the top of my vocal range .. lowering the key with the TRANSPOSE BUTTON helped a great deal ... a good number of people came up and told me how much they enjoyed it and the AD booked me for the same gig next year and said she will call me in March when she looks at her calendar for the rest of the year ... she doesn't know it but she will be getting a call in the latter part of February ... wink

Great news tony and the key lowering trick I have also used when my throat is a mess ...good job...carry on!!

#416642 - 02/12/16 06:38 PM Re: Today, my best friend was the ... [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Thanks, Donny ... cough, cough, sneeeeze ...

#416654 - 02/12/16 10:14 PM Re: Today, my best friend was the ... [Re: tony mads usa]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I'm not sick, but I have had to lower the keys on several songs if I want to reach the high note at the end.
My Way, from C to Bb, Unchained Melody from G to F, Only Make Believe from C to A and Bb, I Will Always Love you, C to Bb, etc. Most nights I COULD still hit the high note, but I don't want to take the chance of trying and not nailing it. smile
You know what, it sounds just as good in the lower keys. Nobody knows the difference, and it's easier on the vocal "chords". smile

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online