SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#416383 - 02/10/16 01:32 AM OT. Bert Kaempfert Demos - Brett Wales
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
With the 60s easy listening nostalgia that Rosetree has been posting I thought I would post these by Brett Wales.

Bert Kaempfert

Enjoy

Bill

#416390 - 02/10/16 04:54 AM Re: OT. Bert Kaempfert Demos - Brett Wales [Re: abacus]
rosetree
Unregistered

Could only listen to it without headphones so far,but sounds very refined. There are very few renditions that come as close to the original sound.

#416402 - 02/10/16 07:27 AM Re: OT. Bert Kaempfert Demos - Brett Wales [Re: abacus]
rosetree
Unregistered

Listened to them again.

First the bad part: I find his version of A Swingin' Safari quite terrible. The typical pattern with the acoustic guitars is completely missing, the rhythm is a very stiff kind of "hopping". The trumpet also takes over this stiff ternary rhythms, so that it lacks the relaxed way in which Manfred Moch and Ack van Rooyen played it.

But I really like the softer, slower tunes, they have a good Kaempfert sound. I like the quality of most brass and string sounds. Just the Knackbass with its popping attack is missing. IMHO, overall very good rendition except A Swingin' Safari.

#416410 - 02/10/16 08:05 AM Re: OT. Bert Kaempfert Demos - Brett Wales [Re: ]
Bachus Offline

Maybe its me, but espescially the drums dissapoint me.. tough i really like a lot of the other instruments, still the brass and other accustic instrumets seem to lag a little behind the Tyros 5

http://keyszone.boards.net

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online