SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#416019 - 02/04/16 09:00 AM Roland V-Combo VR09 Nice Demo...
Dnj Offline

Love how easy Ed Diaz & others demonstrates how to create a multitrack song..
Nice goto sounds, Organs, drawbars, Piano, EPiano, Synth, Strings, etc,.. easy to edit on the fly also,....if you don't need styles and play with SMF or custom backing tracks, loops, this is a nice
lightweight only 12Lbs clap powerful KB to gig with for sure,..
at a great price too..iPad friendly. Ac or battery too.

Edited by Dnj (02/04/16 09:11 AM)

#416175 - 02/06/16 03:18 PM Re: Roland V-Combo VR09 Nice Demo... [Re: Dnj]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
Still kickin the idea of getting one of these or another Bk9. Did my first live Band Gig last night with the BK9 and it was great. All my Registrations were Preset so navigation was just choose the Preformance List I wanted and hit the Favorites button to change sounds.
Played Organ and Piano with LH Bass through my JBL 515's and they sounded fine. No need for a dedicated Keyboard / Bass amp for this situation
I'm thinking when the new single manuel Crumar Mojo, the #1 Hammond Clone for this week, becomes available some VR09's will pop up on Ebay.

#416178 - 02/06/16 03:31 PM Re: Roland V-Combo VR09 Nice Demo... [Re: Bill Lewis]
rosetree
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Bill Lewis
Still kickin the idea of getting one of these or another Bk9. Did my first live Band Gig last night with the BK9 and it was great. All my Registrations were Preset so navigation was just choose the Preformance List I wanted and hit the Favorites button to change sounds.
Played Organ and Piano with LH Bass through my JBL 515's and they sounded fine. No need for a dedicated Keyboard / Bass amp for this situation
I'm thinking when the new single manuel Crumar Mojo, the #1 Hammond Clone for this week, becomes available some VR09's will pop up on Ebay.

I think you have missed two of my recent posts, as you said elsewhere that the Bk7m was discontinued and the BK-9 will be.
In fact, the 'Discontinued' note at the Bk-7m on roland.com has been removed, and it's still available. But the BK-9 is no more available at least from Roland Germany and probably anywhere, last units are just being sold from the shelves.

#416180 - 02/06/16 03:42 PM Re: Roland V-Combo VR09 Nice Demo... [Re: Bill Lewis]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By: Bill Lewis
Did my first live Band Gig last night with the BK9 and it was great.

Nice to hear that you are playing gigs with other LIVE musicians ... would like to hear more about the gig ...

I played a dinner - dance last night with the sax player from the band we had in NY ... we - and the audience of about 150 people ages 35ish to 70 years - had a great time ... I just wish he and I lived closer to each other, but he is in NJ and I'm in RI ... frown

#416193 - 02/06/16 05:17 PM Re: Roland V-Combo VR09 Nice Demo... [Re: Dnj]
Bill Lewis Offline

Yes Tony, it was a treat to play live with other musicians. Saw an ad on Craigslist for a keyboard player IE: Hammond & Piano, for a BLues Band here in Bluffton SC. I figured why not, could be fun. They had just formed and are based around a really good singer. www.Gregmaynard.com Went to their first gig and was impressed so I applied for the position. As it turns out after that gig the Bass Player left so at my first rehersal there was no bass player. Lead singer/Rhythm guitar, lead guitar, and drummer. I said " let me try doing the Bass " not much for the Left Hand to do when you have two guitars already. LOL! They liked it and last night was the test. People loved the Band and we had a great time. A few speed bumps but that will all work out. Band is called "Royal Blues Machine" Its on Facebook.
Place we played was called "Tail Gators" ( great name for a place in the Lowcountry of SC ) 10 minutes from my house and gig was only 3 hours.
I'm also doing the OMB thing with the Styles / SMF's on the BK9 so things are moving along.

#416199 - 02/06/16 10:48 PM Re: Roland V-Combo VR09 Nice Demo... [Re: Bill Lewis]
Bachus Offline

Incredible board... for the price.
The synthesizer inside this thing is also very powerfull
And where Roland shines is their ipad apps for these instruments

Why doesnt Roland get the credit it deserves?

http://keyszone.boards.net

#416209 - 02/07/16 07:48 AM Re: Roland V-Combo VR09 Nice Demo... [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

#416210 - 02/07/16 07:57 AM Re: Roland V-Combo VR09 Nice Demo... [Re: Bachus]
Bill Lewis Offline

[quote=Bachus]Incredible board... for the price.
The synthesizer inside this thing is also very powerfull
And where Roland shines is their ipad apps for these instruments

Why doesnt Roland get the credit it deserves?

Roland may not be geting the credit because its viewed mostly as a Hammond Clone and there are better ones out there. Hammond, Nord, and now new King of the Clones the Crumar Mojo. But the price, weight, and versatility are where this board shines. And Roland is selling a ton of them. Thats why I'm waiting till one of the organ purists moves on to the next greatest thing and sells his VR09. Or a BK9, whichever pops up first for a good deal.

#416214 - 02/07/16 08:02 AM Re: Roland V-Combo VR09 Nice Demo... [Re: Bill Lewis]
Dnj Offline

Looper is such an easy to create music,...
sounds so good too and only 12Lbs ! kool KB keys

Edited by Dnj (02/07/16 08:07 AM)

#416216 - 02/07/16 08:14 AM Re: Roland V-Combo VR09 Nice Demo... [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

headphone ahhhhhhhh Bossa..............

Edited by Dnj (02/07/16 08:17 AM)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online