SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#415692 - 01/31/16 06:24 AM Re: Joe Cocker R.I.P. [Re: Jerry T]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Jerry T
Wow. I was under the impression that this was an Arranger forum, and that most folks used the Arranger to it’s fullest potential. Sounds like some of the virtuosi here have a modicum of disdain for working stiffs who use all the features of the Arranger. Just sayin'

ditto...

#415693 - 01/31/16 06:32 AM Re: Joe Cocker R.I.P. [Re: Dnj]
rosetree
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Dnj
Wow. I was under the impression that this was an Arranger forum, and that most folks used the Arranger to it’s fullest potential. Sounds like some of the virtuosi here have a modicum of disdain for working stiffs who use all the features of the Arranger. Just sayin'

ditto...

Then I'd rather call myself One Man DJ instead of One Man Band if you're in favour of using MP3...

#415694 - 01/31/16 07:00 AM Re: Joe Cocker R.I.P. [Re: ]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: rosetree

ditto...

Then I'd rather call myself One Man DJ instead of One Man Band if you're in favour of using MP3...

I knew this would happen as I mentioned in the OP about resentment,....reading all these posts that are so off course.
Why can't people just appreciate music in any shape or form created using whatever means necessary to create musical interpretation of which there are NO rules. The more you step out of the box the more respect I have for that musicians creativity to record or play with custom Styles, SMF, Mp3 backing tracks, synths, acoustic, vocals, who cares just create music to listen & enjoy.

“Close your eyes and Let music Set You Free.”
~~~~Charles Hart

Edited by Dnj (01/31/16 07:21 AM)

#415695 - 01/31/16 07:11 AM Re: Joe Cocker R.I.P. [Re: Dnj]
rosetree
Unregistered

That's a good one. Musical creativity in using MP3s. Got to remember that joke.

#415697 - 01/31/16 07:28 AM Re: Joe Cocker R.I.P. [Re: ]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
Originally Posted By: rosetree

ditto...

Rosetree

Just curious. Could you name the working OMB entertainers you know of and how they preform IE: Just keyboard (Piano) , keyboard with vocals, Arranger with Styles, Arranger with SMF or MP3 etc. And also if you could where are they playing ?
Please leave out NHs and AL places.
Thanks

#415698 - 01/31/16 07:39 AM Re: Styles vs. midi files vs. MP3 [Re: Bill Lewis]
rosetree
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Bill Lewis

Rosetree

Just curious. Could you name the working OMB entertainers you know of and how they preform IE: Just keyboard (Piano) , keyboard with vocals, Arranger with Styles, Arranger with SMF or MP3 etc. And also if you could where are they playing ?
Please leave out NHs and AL places.
Thanks

I can only speak about Germany, where as far as I've seen (and I haven't seen many) they definitely use styles and (sadly) third-party midi files, and often they sing. To what degree they even use MP3 I don't know. But even if it were the vast majority it wouldn't change a bit of my opinion. Unless they use MP3 during "club disco" times during the evening in the role of a DJ, moving away from their keyboard and clearly showing that they stopped playing themselves - that's something else.

Edited by rosetree (01/31/16 07:39 AM)

#415699 - 01/31/16 07:45 AM Re: Joe Cocker R.I.P. [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Me, Bill, if you consider performing in a small restaurant for a dancing crowd and an independent living community's nite club for happy hour. I just use the arranger and my vocals, a both locations, draw increasing larger crowds, and wow the audiences every time I perform. Now, instead of working the NH/AS circuit, which I've retired from,and working 7 days a week, I now only work a few jobs a month, which is what I prefer. I could work a nightly, bar/restaurant schedule, which I did when I was young, and back then I might use one midi file a night, but that's it. I do know of a couple guitar player guys that use SMF for backing, but over the years, they've kinda faded in to the past and only work one or two jobs a month at best, and usually never at the same place twice in a month. So, not all of us use SMF in order to be a good entertainer. I don't believe DonM uses any at all.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#415711 - 01/31/16 10:05 AM Re: Joe Cocker R.I.P. [Re: travlin'easy]
musicforyourday Offline

Loc: So California, USA
I must make my comments here as a trained Piano and Guitar player for over 30 years i must say this is a topic that keeps comming up

I use SMF most of the time because I am playing a full score ether on a Piano or a Guitar I find it to be the fullest sound it not because I can play styles like most of the comments seen to lead too here quite the contrary I can play style as good as any one I just find a High qlty SMF TO Be better period

now I also play style in a night but I can get a true rep of the song I am doing .

now I get the creative aspect that some speak about and I do like that but to take the attutude that if you play SMF in your Gig you are not a musican well that simply wrong I take any of you guys on in the Musicanship area so some of you making this claim are just simply wrong I dont make comments on some of the stuff I here that sound very thin and I dont make comments on some of the vocals I here here in this forum because it is you passion and everybody has the right to enjoy Music and that is what it should be .

I play to many very large concert events as a front man vocal and Guitar and Keyboard player using SMF allow me to get the job done and be a Exciting and energy Driven Entertainer I make many of my own and also buy some as well and put on a first class show so to make a claim that if you are not a Musican if you use SMF be carful what you say guys because you could not be more wrong.

#415715 - 01/31/16 10:59 AM Re: Joe Cocker R.I.P. [Re: musicforyourday]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: musicforyourday
I must make my comments here as a trained Piano and Guitar player for over 30 years i must say this is a topic that keeps comming up

I use SMF most of the time because I am playing a full score ether on a Piano or a Guitar I find it to be the fullest sound it not because I can play styles like most of the comments seen to lead too here quite the contrary I can play style as good as any one I just find a High qlty SMF TO Be better period

now I also play style in a night but I can get a true rep of the song I am doing .

now I get the creative aspect that some speak about and I do like that but to take the attutude that if you play SMF in your Gig you are not a musican well that simply wrong I take any of you guys on in the Musicanship area so some of you making this claim are just simply wrong I dont make comments on some of the stuff I here that sound very thin and I dont make comments on some of the vocals I here here in this forum because it is you passion and everybody has the right to enjoy Music and that is what it should be .

I play to many very large concert events as a front man vocal and Guitar and Keyboard player using SMF allow me to get the job done and be a Exciting and energy Driven Entertainer I make many of my own and also buy some as well and put on a first class show so to make a claim that if you are not a Musican if you use SMF be carful what you say guys because you could not be more wrong.

Ditto...Ditto...DITTO!!

#415718 - 01/31/16 11:07 AM Whatever the thread title is [Re: Dnj]
rosetree
Unregistered

now I get the creative aspect that some speak about and I do like that but to take the attutude that if you play SMF in your Gig you are not a musican well that simply wrong

For my part, I mainly spoke about MP3. If SMF files are used the way you describe it with fully active playing with both hands, I don't have a big problem with it (even if I prefer self-made ones).

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online