SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#415603 - 01/30/16 07:32 AM Re: New Gear old Gear [Re: Dnj]
Saswick Offline

Loc: Garstang, Preston, Lancashire,...
Cheers' Donny

I'm seriously considering recording some stuff with the E50 just for laughs, we'll see. grin

Col

#415607 - 01/30/16 08:38 AM Re: New Gear old Gear [Re: Saswick]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By: Saswick
Hi Guy's
Guitar over left shoulder, Sub-woofer in the left hand, Speaker bag
and microphone stand in the right hand, one trip from car to stage, proper job, weight no problem.
Col

Col, even though the weight is no problem now, it wears on you after a while ... you might want to invest in a small, light weight cart of some kind to save your shoulder and back from future problems ... probably no need for a high end rock and roller type, but something you can get in a home supply store ...

#415610 - 01/30/16 09:07 AM Re: New Gear old Gear [Re: tony mads usa]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: tony mads usa
Hi Guy's
and microphone stand in the right hand, one trip from car to stage, proper job, weight no problem.
Col

Col, even though the weight is no problem now, it wears on you after a while ... you might want to invest in a small, light weight cart of some kind to save your shoulder and back from future problems ... probably no need for a high end rock and roller type, but something you can get in a home supply store ...

No one should be traveling to gigs without one of these nuff said!

http://rocknrollercart.com/

#415614 - 01/30/16 09:46 AM Re: New Gear old Gear [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By: Dnj
Hi Guy's
Col

Donny, believe it or not, there are less expensive models that pretty much do the same thing ... maybe not as durable for the 'pros' working multi gigs a day, but for lesser use they are really good ...
Yes, a Rolls Royce is a Rolls Royce, but a Chevy can get you back and forth too ... wink

#415615 - 01/30/16 09:48 AM Re: New Gear old Gear [Re: tony mads usa]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Dnj
Hi Guy's
Col

Donny, believe it or not, there are less expensive models that pretty much do the same thing ... maybe not as durable for the 'pros' working multi gigs a day, but for lesser use they are really good ...
Yes, a Rolls Royce is a Rolls Royce, but a Chevy can get you back and forth too ... wink

Tony R&R are very inexpensive and worth every single penny why skimp when you back is in question? we waste money all day long I say if you gigging get the right gear and the R&R is just that and more!!........and don't forget your Fan...just sayin' wink

Edited by Dnj (01/30/16 09:49 AM)

#415621 - 01/30/16 10:23 AM Re: New Gear old Gear [Re: Saswick]
Saswick Offline

Hi Guy's

I'm touched by your concern, but my whole rig weighs in at approx. 15Kg, 33Lbs in real money.

Maui5 = 10.7 Kg 23.5 Lbs
Guitar = 2.5 Kg 5.9 Lbs
Mic Stand = 2.0 Kg 4.4 Lbs

When I can't carry 15 Kg a short distance I won't be gigging.
It would probably take me longer to unload a cart out of the Freelander than to move my whole rig into the venue. grin

Regards

Col

#417085 - 02/20/16 06:14 PM Re: New Gear old Gear [Re: Saswick]
Dnj Offline

Col just wondering how your making out with the new Maui 5 & E50 KB so far....

#417092 - 02/21/16 12:02 AM Re: New Gear old Gear [Re: Dnj]
Saswick Offline

Morning Donny

Delighted with both. done about half a dozen gigs with the Maui
up to now, sound and weight wise spot on.

As far as the Roland is concerned for an old board it performs remarkably well. When I had the G70 I acquired a load of styles (some from your good self)and I have been auditioning quite a few of them, some good some not so good. I managed to buy a memory card from your side of the pond which helped a lot from the style point of view, storage wise. When I get time I'll post some examples of styles/sounds, it would be interesting to compare them with the later models, BK-7m Bk-9 etc.

All the best

Col

#417107 - 02/21/16 06:32 AM Re: New Gear old Gear [Re: Saswick]
Dnj Offline

Morning Donny

Delighted with both. done about half a dozen gigs with the Maui
up to now, sound and weight wise spot on.

As far as the Roland is concerned for an old board it performs remarkably well. When I had the G70 I acquired a load of styles (some from your good self)and I have been auditioning quite a few of them, some good some not so good. I managed to buy a memory card from your side of the pond which helped a lot from the style point of view, storage wise. When I get time I'll post some examples of styles/sounds, it would be interesting to compare them with the later models, BK-7m Bk-9 etc.

All the best
Col

Col Bravo!! that's what I like to hear...I love the fact that your not afraid to try new things and experiment...I Knew you would like the Roland, .....Don M, Fran, and myself also enjoyed playing them also in the past I had the G1000, G70, E50, E60, also for some reason Roland sounds like a real band playing. I'm now diggin' my new Roland V Combo VR09 KB and I'm very interested in the
Roland BK9 too..

cant wait for your demos I always enjoy them..

dp

#417120 - 02/21/16 08:12 AM Re: New Gear old Gear [Re: Saswick]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Col, I think I still have a memory card that will work. If you need it I'll send it to you, providing I kind FIND it.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online