SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#415446 - 01/28/16 09:52 AM New Gear old Gear
Saswick Offline

Loc: Garstang, Preston, Lancashire,...
Hi Guy's

Having given up gigging with the keyboard in favor or backing tracks and guitar I decided to sell my Pa800. I had a problem with corrupted styles and it had to go to Korg on warranty and I lost a bit of confidence in it, so it went, got my money back so I was happy.

Couple of weeks ago I invested in a LD systems Maui 5 and having done a couple of gigs I am well pleased. I pairs up well with the Digitech Live Fx and my little Behringer Xenyx 302 mixer.

Guitar over left shoulder, Sub-woofer in the left hand, Speaker bag
and microphone stand in the right hand, one trip from car to stage,
proper job, weight no problem.

The story continues I spotted and bought (£125.00 todays price £399.00) a Cort G260b guitar on Gumtree made in Korea 2002, Swamp Ash body, Locking tuners, Roller nut, Hotrail pickups, Coil tap. Wilkinson Tremolo. Absolutely as new condition, happy teddy.

Being keyboardless I was gettin withdrawal symptoms then I spotted, wait for it, a mint Roland E-50 on ebay. To cut a long story short I bought
it for the princely sum of £250.00 (GBP). It came with original box, didn't look like it had been out. Hooked it up and I was pleasently suprised, it just proves (to my ears and ability) you don't have to spend a fortune to
obtain a really useable keyboard. I had a G70 before so it was relatively easy to find my way around. I also have a collection of Roland styles all of which I think are compatable. It should keep me happy for a while.

It felt like all my birthdays had come at once. LOL

Col

Attachments
$_862.jpg

$_h57.jpg

$_a57.jpg

$_864.jpg

#415448 - 01/28/16 10:13 AM Re: New Gear old Gear [Re: Saswick]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
The E50 was one of my favorite keyboards of all time! I could still be playing it and no one in the audience would know the difference.
Oddly enough, I'm leaning toward the purchase of two Maui 5's also. I think they could have a few advantages over the Bose Compacts, but probably not much difference. I just like to get new stuff occasionally. Of course no one here knows that. smile

#415450 - 01/28/16 10:59 AM Re: New Gear old Gear [Re: DonM]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Col ... E-50 ??? that piece of junk ?!?!? ...JUST KIDDING !!! laugh2 ... new gear looks good ... best of luck with it ... make beautiful music ...
guitar keys singer

#415489 - 01/28/16 05:50 PM Re: New Gear old Gear [Re: Saswick]
tassiespirit Offline

Loc: Devonport, Tasmania, Australia
Nice way to go! I also play a Cort GB5 custom bass love it.

Allan

#415501 - 01/28/16 11:20 PM Re: New Gear old Gear [Re: tassiespirit]
Saswick Offline

Hi Don, I had the feeling you used to use an E50, I have a old recording of yours of Matchbox which I think was on an E50, one of the things which made me decide to buy it.

After a few hours tootling about on the E50 I must say I'm quite impressed, it plays very well, fairly simple to use, money well spent.

Regarding the Maui 5, up to now I'm happy about the system the sound is very clear, shows up all the bum notes, looks like a keeper (For now). From your point of view I would think it's well worth a try.

Hi Allan, I'm a bit of a Cort fan, I have a Cort Electro Acoustic the "SFX E NS" I used to own a Zenox Z42 (LP style) which was a great guitar but a touch on the heavy side. I also have a G205 which I will sell now the G260B has arrived.

Hi Tony, After many years using Korg Gear the E50 makes a pleasant change. Lots of the styles are from the G70 and I have all the styles from the BK7 which I'll load in when I get time.

All these years I thought "junk" was a Chinese sailing craft. You learn something everyday smile

Col

Edited by Saswick (01/28/16 11:32 PM)

#415508 - 01/29/16 01:21 AM Re: New Gear old Gear [Re: Saswick]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Love the look of that Cort. Looks fantastic. I really like coil tap as it offers so many more tonal possibilities. And locking tuners makes life so much easier onstage. I have them on my Fender Stratocaster and changing strings and retuning has got so much easier.

#415511 - 01/29/16 01:48 AM Re: New Gear old Gear [Re: Saswick]
bruno123 Offline

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Col,
The best part of your post is the feel of your excitement. You love what you are doing. It does not get better. Enjoy.

John C

Ps, Don’t tell Don about this buying stuff he may catch on and become addicted.

#415536 - 01/29/16 07:21 AM Re: New Gear old Gear [Re: DonM]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: DonM
The E50 was one of my favorite keyboards of all time! I could still be playing it and no one in the audience would know the difference.
Oddly enough, I'm leaning toward the purchase of two Maui 5's also. I think they could have a few advantages over the Bose Compacts, but probably not much difference. I just like to get new stuff occasionally. Of course no one here knows that. smile

Col good luck with your new/old gear,...I enjoyed the G70/E50/E60 for a while also...I'm also very glad to hear your going back to playing keyboard, its in your blood mate go for it and give em hell! And who knows maybe down the road you'll sell it all and just get a KORG pa4x that can do all your needs with ease...just sayin' keys

carry on

#415600 - 01/30/16 07:06 AM Re: New Gear old Gear [Re: Saswick]
Saswick Offline

Hi Nigel, I'm really pleased with the Cort the build quality is great and it play's very well a real pleasure, I normally gig with the acoustic and the G260 is for private pleasure smile

Hi John, I get a lot of pleasure from swopping gear as well as playing. I tend to buy most thing's on EBay and either get my money back or make a little profit, all good clean fun. (No chance of keeping up with Don M)

Hi Donny, Chances of buying a Pa4x is very small it would be wasted on me. I get most of my kick's these day's from entertaining the old folks and they are mainly interested in the vocals hence the light weight rig.

Just a quick point regarding the Behringer 302 mixer. The mixer , 3 channel,can be powered by a PSU or by USB. I use an 8" tablet for the backing tracks and lyrics and discovered that using a short USB lead the tablet battery will power the mixer. I normally carry two identical tablets fully charged but I've done several gigs lasting an hour and a half and the tablet battery has only discharged approx. 50% even powering both tablet and mixer. This obviously cut down on cables and power units, great. Excuse the rubbish pic's.

Col

Attachments
DSC00666.JPG

DSC00664.JPG

Edited by Saswick (01/30/16 07:24 AM)

#415601 - 01/30/16 07:14 AM Re: New Gear old Gear [Re: Saswick]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Saswick
Hi Nigel, I'm really pleased with the Cort the build quality is great and it play's very well a real pleasure, I normally gig with the acoustic and the G260 is for private pleasure smile

Hi John, I get a lot of pleasure from swopping gear as well as playing. I tend to buy most thing's on EBay and either get my money back or make a little profit, all good clean fun. (No chance of keeping up with Don M)

Hi Donny, Chances of buying a Pa4x is very small it would be wasted on me. I get most of my kick's these day's from entertaining the old folks and they are mainly interested in the vocals hence the light weight rig.

Col

Good Luck Col....maybe the new Casio MZ X500 will be in your future...or the heck with it just use the wireless Mic , Maui 5 and a Laptop and strut out in the older audiences and give them a real treat singin' with them!!

Have a blast mate! cool2

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online