SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#415064 - 01/22/16 07:33 AM New Top-Notch Piano Expander
rosetree
Unregistered

Ivory software piano libraries can now be played without computer via a new expander. Flip side: it will cost just under 1,499$...

Edited by rosetree (01/22/16 07:36 AM)

#415073 - 01/22/16 08:30 AM Re: New Top-Notch Piano Expander [Re: ]
Torch Offline

It is interisting that a software company now makes a hardware version! I will have to wait and see, but my first thought is that this seems to be a closed, proprietary system ans if so I would be better off with a Muse Receptor.
"You Shall Know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free." John 8:32

#415104 - 01/22/16 03:18 PM Re: New Top-Notch Piano Expander [Re: ]
rosetree
Unregistered

I think this could be the most hopeful development on this NAMM. I just hope the next module like this will contain an orchestral library!

#415113 - 01/22/16 05:16 PM Re: New Top-Notch Piano Expander [Re: ]
Torch Offline

Originally Posted By: rosetree
I think this could be the most hopeful development on this NAMM. I just hope the next module like this will contain an orchestral library!

The Gemini by GSI would be a similar product - going from software to hardware.
http://www.genuinesoundware.com/?a=showproduct&b=43

#415115 - 01/22/16 06:15 PM Re: New Top-Notch Piano Expander [Re: Torch]
rosetree
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Torch

Thanks for the hint!
I listened to some of their demos. Orchestra sounds good, especially strings very good. The physical modeling trumpet is surprisingly terrible. But very interesting concept!

#415116 - 01/22/16 07:26 PM Re: New Top-Notch Piano Expander [Re: ]
Mikem Offline

Loc: Quebec, Canada

That would be fantastic!!! Having VST quality, without using a computer! It's been years I've been wondering why they don't have an actual keyboard that plays VSTs. This is a good first step!

#415119 - 01/22/16 08:52 PM Re: New Top-Notch Piano Expander [Re: ]
Torch Offline

Originally Posted By: Torch

Thanks for the hint!
I listened to some of their demos. Orchestra sounds good, especially strings very good. The physical modeling trumpet is surprisingly terrible. But very interesting concept!

The trombone and tuba weren't good. I liked very much the demos of their Miles' Tone Virtual Trumpet. I am not a horn player, but I guess it was designed to emulate the Jazz trumpet playing by Miles Davis.
http://www.genuinesoundware.com/?a=showproduct&b=25
It is just amazing that one single instrument can have so many different charateristics. There is a really wet trumpet in the Roland FR7x accordion that nobody likes. We call it the drunk trumpet, but that is just perfect for Mariach music when I combine a touch of strings with it. Among all the modules that I have tried, the only tuba that I can use for fast Oberkrainer music is from my Oberkrainer sound board in the V3 Sound Desktop arranger.

#415124 - 01/23/16 12:34 AM Re: New Top-Notch Piano Expander [Re: ]
Bachus Offline

Ivory and pianoteq are the way to go...

Seems pulling them out of the PC and putting them in a box miht be a smart thing to do...

The Gemini from GSI, is a beast, yet it can only create 2 sounds at the same time, not everything is perfect or fully realistic, but some like the B3 and the synths are out of this world..

The GSI DMC122 (Crumar) comes with build in Gemini sound engine

Edited by Bachus (01/23/16 12:34 AM)

http://keyszone.boards.net

#415126 - 01/23/16 01:12 AM Re: New Top-Notch Piano Expander [Re: Mikem]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Originally Posted By: Mikem

That would be fantastic!!! Having VST quality, without using a computer! It's been years I've been wondering why they don't have an actual keyboard that plays VSTs. This is a good first step!

One was in production for 10 years, (Wersi Abacus) and another for about 5 years (Lionstracs) that could play VST on-board, however these days it’s only available on organs. (At least for the time being)

Bill

#415130 - 01/23/16 05:26 AM Re: New Top-Notch Piano Expander [Re: abacus]
Mikem Offline

Loc: Quebec, Canada
Originally Posted By: abacus
Originally Posted By: Mikem

One was in production for 10 years, (Wersi Abacus) and another for about 5 years (Lionstracs) that could play VST on-board, however these days it’s only available on organs. (At least for the time being)

Bill

Too bad I'm not an organ player! Thanks for the info. smile

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online