SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#41494 - 02/16/06 08:41 PM "Nice 'N Easy" Does It : My latest Song Recording
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Knowing many of my Technics keyboard friends here appreciate & enjoy classic American Songbook standards, thought some of you might be interested in listening to my latest arranger keyboard/vocal song renditon of the classic Lew Spence, Alan Bergman & Marilyn Keith tune: "Nice 'N Easy".

To listen: visit my website:
Scott Yee Entertainment
go to: "Song Demos" page.
"Nice 'N Easy" is available for download/play in the "Big Band/Swing" Section.

Hope you enjoy this one.

Scott Yee

#41495 - 02/17/06 12:30 AM Re: "Nice 'N Easy" Does It : My latest Song Recording
The Leans Offline

Loc: Birmingham, England
Hi Scott,

Right up my street. Thanks. Super stuff.

I'm British. But, in my view nothing we've ever produced over here, can compare with the American composers of 1920 - 1950 period. - This period to my mind, was the height of popular song performance. And your rendering is a super reminder of it.

My congrats. I thoroughly enjoyed your singing. You sing very well. I was so carried away, that I immediately went to my K7, and played the 'other' 'Nice'n Easy'. (the slower Sinatra song).

Once again, my thanks. A most enjoyable way to start the day.

Colin Leaney

#41496 - 02/17/06 12:43 AM Re: "Nice 'N Easy" Does It : My latest Song Recording
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Hi Scott
Exellent job singing and comping. Come over here , anytime.

Bernie

#41497 - 02/17/06 03:58 AM Re: "Nice 'N Easy" Does It : My latest Song Recording
Fran D Offline

Loc: Aiken, SC, USA
Scott,

Beautiful song and a wonderful rendition. Marg and I are sorry you will not attend our second Jam. Maybe the next one.

Fran in SC

#41498 - 02/17/06 08:50 AM Re: "Nice 'N Easy" Does It : My latest Song Recording
etwo4788 Offline

Loc: S.E. New Mexico USA
SCOTT..... You've gone & done it again! Great job! Nice rendition of another good old goody!

ELIAZBETH

#41499 - 02/17/06 01:32 PM Re: "Nice 'N Easy" Does It : My latest Song Recording
Joan Offline

Loc: Hampshire U.K.
Hi Scott - Excellent recording, really enjoyed it.........Joan

#41500 - 02/18/06 09:04 AM Re: "Nice 'N Easy" Does It : My latest Song Recording
Douglas Dean Offline

Loc: Prospect Heights IL USA
So what does everyone think Grandpa Doug thinks and is going to say about this post of Scottie on this forum? Something nasty? Something disparaging? Out of place? Well tune up your ears and let your eyeballs pop out and hear and see what Old Grandpa has to say! Ran it by Ruthie before I slipped my cute little Mac Mouse over the post reply button and squashed it. So without further teasing and stressing you KN folks, let’s proceed with what I have to say with the full approval of Ruthie.

Every one that posted a reply and evaluation of your offering Scott, complimented you on your singing and playing skills. As Colin Leaney said for example;

“Hi Scott,
Right up my street. Thanks. Super stuff. I'm British. But, in my view nothing we've ever produced over here, can compare with the American composers of 1920 - 1950 period”. “My congrats. I thoroughly enjoyed your singing. You sing very well. I was so carried away, that I immediately went to my K7, and played the 'other' 'Nice'n Easy'. (the slower Sinatra song)”.

I also enjoyed it. In my estimation this post of Scott's was what a music forum is all about. I admire good musicianship and voice projection along with control because it is the end result of many many hours of self discipline. Thanks Scott! My personal opinion is that self discipline is a quality of man that is slowly disappearing from society. I realize many people are not as gifted in musical talent as some are. I still admire the effort they exert in trying their best to make music themselves. Therefore listening to a performance of lesser overall quality is still very enjoyable to me for their persistence, effort and love of it makes up for any lack of talent. To be able to present the extent of their accomplishments to the public takes guts. And let me tell you, I admire guts in a person. Could be maybe that is why Ruthie likes me. I also like the way Ruthie’s gut’s are arraigned among other things.

As Colin said, I immediately went to my K7, and played. That is the kind of reaction a good post will trigger. That is why I would say Scott’s post is the kind of offering I very much enjoy and can transcend brands of equipment forums with no difficulty.

Growing up takes time and Ruthie and me have been at it for quite a long time. This post might of been a bit long, as some have complained, but my Ruthie and me are running out of time and seem to want to take as much long as we can get.

As usual,

Grandpa Doug and Ruthie, his inspiration.

#41501 - 02/18/06 01:20 PM Re: "Nice 'N Easy" Does It : My latest Song Recording
Walt Meyer Offline

Loc: Silver City, NM USA
Hey Scott, Way to go! It would be pretty darn hard to improve on that!

And "Grandpa Doug" old friend -- Good to see you back posting. We haven't heard from you for so long that we thought maybe you fell off of the other end of the earth. Glad to hear that you and Ruthie are OK.
Best to all,
Walt

#41502 - 02/19/06 02:47 PM Re: "Nice 'N Easy" Does It : My latest Song Recording
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Hi Scott,

Your rendition of Nice 'N' Easy is excellent. For me the pleasure wasn't the singing but the piano playing. It would be nice to hear you play 'straight' piano, say Dream of Olwen, my all time favourite. Any chance of you doing this in the near future?

Regards,

Aud (U.K.)

#41503 - 02/19/06 06:00 PM Re: "Nice 'N Easy" Does It : My latest Song Recording
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Hi Scott,

Nice stuff as usual. You were born to sing this type of music.

And Doug is back... HOLY COW !

Larry

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online