SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#414698 - 01/15/16 05:24 PM Revival in Belfast
KORG80 Offline

One of the keyboard forums I visit challenged members to post some Celtic music. I responded with this. Hope you enjoy it.

Robin Mark is an Irish Christian worship leader. He has wonderful Celtic musical influences in his worship songs. This one is called "GARMENTS OF PRAISE"

https://app.box.com/s/8a3bo60kaolj0uux7wzv9sjnx0ka13u8
I USED THE IRISH DANCE STYLE

God Bless,
Don

#414700 - 01/15/16 11:27 PM Re: Revival in Belfast [Re: KORG80]
Torch Offline

I listened to the original track, and I like your rendition better. A cool style. I have a Celtic sound board in my V3 Sound Desktop arranger. Very good Celtic instrument sounds and a very useful feature that V3 Sound calls "Artist" It does slurs, random trills, and the like to give the sounds a more authentic Celtic flavor. I have not tried styles, though. Anyway, the whole song sounded refreshing.

Chris
"You Shall Know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free." John 8:32

#414706 - 01/16/16 06:44 AM Re: Revival in Belfast [Re: KORG80]
KORG80 Offline

Thank you very much torch. I appreciate your feedback. Your software sounds interesting.

God Bless,
Don

#414728 - 01/16/16 11:38 AM Re: Revival in Belfast [Re: KORG80]
Torch Offline

Thank YOU for posting your great work. I enjoyed the Irish dance style. For that matter, Personally I enjoy regional/ethnic flavors in music. Is this style from your Korg?

BTW, I was listening to this good old hymn sung by a Peruvian Trio that sort of reminds me of Los Panchos. Nothing fancy, but just nice and warm nylon guitars giving that Latin flavor. The lyrics sound neat in Spanish. As your know, All Latin languages such as Spanish and Italian have pure vowels and make them very voice-friendly. I am trying to memorize the Spanish lyrics but without knowing the language it is a little difficult. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grMmHY5bnHk

#414738 - 01/16/16 07:04 PM Re: Revival in Belfast [Re: Torch]
KORG80 Offline

Nice harmonies on that Spanish tune. The style "Irish Dance" comes from my Yamaha PSR S750.

God bless,
Don

#414822 - 01/18/16 11:19 AM Re: Revival in Belfast [Re: KORG80]
Torch Offline

Hello Don,
The tune is actually a good old hymn called "At The Cross." It is much "fun" and educational in terms of music to watch so many different singers and instruments play/sing it or for that matter any other tune in different styles. I watched a real funky, full blown Jazz version of the hymn. It was a top notch rendition. Whether it is appropriate or not in a worship setting is beyond the scope of this forum.

In regards to the "Irish Dance" style, I went through my files that came with Live-Styler. I found 65 styles with the word Irish and 115 styles with the word Celtic. Down the road, I might get Varranger to play different formats of styles, but it is pricey, so I will use my Live-styler for now.

Chris

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online