Topic Options
#414704 - 01/16/16 03:38 AM You're The First the last My Everything Rico
KeyBTyros Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
Happy New Year to you @ll
Thanks for all the support Last year and the great comments smile

Here is my new video to start the New Year of Hope you like it

Greetz Rico Have a nice weekend my Friends smile wave

#414705 - 01/16/16 05:32 AM Re: You're The First the last My Everything Rico [Re: KeyBTyros]
broker22 Offline

Hi Rico you sound great as usual Cal.

#414713 - 01/16/16 08:38 AM Re: You're The First the last My Everything Rico [Re: broker22]
Bachus Offline

Great show...

Allways love to watch and listen your video's

Thanks for posting

http://keyszone.boards.net

#414715 - 01/16/16 09:03 AM Re: You're The First the last My Everything Rico [Re: KeyBTyros]
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
Rico. Excellent again...Well Done.

#414777 - 01/17/16 03:12 PM Re: You're The First the last My Everything Rico [Re: Graham UK]
kaimei19 Offline

Loc: Victoria, Australia
Hi Rico,

Thanks for posting your performance. Really enjoyed it.

Cheers,
Phil

#414844 - 01/18/16 05:38 PM Re: You're The First the last My Everything Rico [Re: KeyBTyros]
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
Rico……I get the impression you’re looking to improve constantly so here are my own comments.

I felt the melody didn’t flow, it was choppy. Someone told me years ago a little secret. Learn the words before you learn the song. It then becomes easier to interpret. This song is very popular here in the States and most people know the words and melody by heart.

I also thought the drums were too strong. Too much volume and not enough fills. And the tempo was faster than the Barry White version

The glissando’s are too theatrical and too numerous.

Speaking for myself, I’ve had people over the years tell me what they didn’t like about my playing. I listened to everyone and corrected where I could so I’m hoping you’re also open to comments both good and bad.

The problem with being a one-man-band. No feedback from other band members!

Otherwise your work is excellent. I particularly liked your Roland Kaiser Warum hast du nicht nein gesagt feat. Maite Kelly Yamaha Tyros 5.mp3. You did an incredible job on that song…….I never get tired of hearing your version of it. smile

Mark

#414935 - 01/20/16 09:29 AM Re: You're The First the last My Everything Rico [Re: Mark79100]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
I always enjoy watching/ listening to your performances, Rico ...

And having listened to organ performances in places like Radio City Music Hall, I would say they also gave 'liberal' interpretations to the songs they played ...

Theatrical - yes, but that's YOU, Rico ... thank you ...

#415007 - 01/21/16 09:32 AM Re: You're The First the last My Everything Rico [Re: tony mads usa]
dtrue Offline

Loc: Salt Lake City, Utah
Rico,
Excellent as always. I've decided that you could even take the song "happy birthday" and with your talent on the keyboard make it into a bit hit! Love to watch your performances - keep them coming....
Dick

#415038 - 01/21/16 09:45 PM Re: You're The First the last My Everything Rico [Re: tony mads usa]
Mark79100 Offline

Originally Posted By: tony mads usa
Theatrical - yes, but that's YOU, Rico

Out of respect for Rico, I didn't add the word "robotic" but I'll add it now.

Let me relate a story I still think about today when I'm playing to an audience.

Someone once asked me to play Please, Release Me. I mean the song is so simple, it's hard to "get into it." But that's exactly what I did......forget to "get into it." At the end of the song, the person said something like: "Very nice......now play it with some feeling!"

I'm assuming/waa assuming/have been assuming to now that Rico doesn't post to just entertain us, but that's he looking to better himself with each performance. And you need input from outside sources to do that.

Now I didn't make those comments to Rico to be mean. On the contrary, I view him as very talented. I wouldn't make those kind of suggestions to someone who I thought was not as dedicated to his music as he is.

And he's quite capable of playing with more passion. Listen to what he did with Maria Elena using the guitar patch. It's right from the heart and reeks of tenderness.

I'm not sure why I seem to be the only one here who critiques as I see it. I'm genuinely thankful for the people who "critiqued" me over the years. I thought about every remark ever presented to me and if I thought there was legitimacy to it, then I acted on it. And most of the "critiques" were accurate enough to put me back on track.

I'm doing no one a favor by posting the "clapping hands" and moving on to the next post like some here do!

MARK

#415041 - 01/21/16 11:04 PM Re: You're The First the last My Everything Rico [Re: KeyBTyros]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
On another forum of which I am also a member, you can choose "I welcome Constructive Criticism" or "I Want Words of Encouragement". I am of the belief that the first choice is best, but everyone isn't.
I truly welcome criticism, and, trust me, there is always something that can be improved.
I am honored when someone actually cares enough to listen closely enough to offer advice!
Very, very seldom do I record a song that I'm totally happy with, and I do record myself every night!

#416021 - 02/04/16 09:05 AM Re: You're The First the last My Everything Rico [Re: DonM]
KeyBTyros Offline

My Friends,

I am so sorry that i can not reply sometimes because it realy gets to much but as you can see i always wil try to come back np what so ever

Thank you @ll for youre kind reply's !

Mark My friend i dont care you can tell me and say anything all is ok i like that i am not looking for it but it is Always welcome i dont read notes and i dont have had any lessons i just do what i feel just keep that in mind :)))
And i also tell you that i do understand what you mean, its in my mind now so i hope it wil work a little you know i mean with that when you let yourself go you need to watch out to dont get the same habbits I lose myself when i am behind keys smile
But most important for me is to have fun smile
So everyone can say anything i am not scared of positive crit smile
But i am allready so old i wonder if i can change my play smile lol Thanks guys i wish you a fantastic evening soon i wil post a New Song !!!

Grease- You're the one that I want Hope you wil like that smile

Greetz Rico wave

#416026 - 02/04/16 09:45 AM Re: You're The First the last My Everything Rico [Re: KeyBTyros]
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
Originally Posted By: KeyBTyros

...... But most important for me is to have fun smile

YESS!! +1
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#416030 - 02/04/16 09:59 AM Re: You're The First the last My Everything Rico [Re: KeyBTyros]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Very well said, Rico! That's the right attitude for sure. I always enjoy watching your videos. Those of us who can't, or choose not to, read music have our own way of doing things, and that's one thing that makes us different. As a rule, we play what we're hearing and feeling. Most of the time it's pretty close. Sometimes we stray, and there is always room for any one of us to improve.
Keep 'em coming as you get time!

#416037 - 02/04/16 10:31 AM Re: You're The First the last My Everything Rico [Re: DonM]
KeyBTyros Offline

Yeah cool afc there are things to improve but i like very much that feeeling is above all because you cant learn that you are born with that
And i like to express myself the cool thing of that is i never know whats gonna happen and that is something i like very much of music that way its Always a surprise
The next video i gonna show you is also done in 1 take
i told TMF also i am not planning what i do, so i never know what i gonna come up with,
and thats so cool the next video is a take a few minutes where i just express myself and it turns out ok
atleast for as far i can tell hahahah and i just love to do that but i think a lot of people wil get the point because when you can do that you have the time of your live !
For me the most important thing is when its not plant i like unpredicted results smile

Lol i just got a call that my video is ready so i wil make a new topic and wil post my new video very soon speak to you all thank you so much for all the attention i am still speechless about that smile

greezt Rico wave

#416045 - 02/04/16 03:07 PM Re: You're The First the last My Everything Rico [Re: KeyBTyros]
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada
I would always like to hear an hones comment about my music, that just saying "great job". Whether it was or not. Everyone hears different, and if we can't take it and use that criticism to our advantage then we probably should not me doing this.Get nice tiara and stay princess.

Rico, this has nothing to do with your performance. I am just commenting in general about demos.
BTW, it would be nice to have a demo section.

Edited by mirza (02/04/16 03:08 PM)

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#416063 - 02/04/16 09:01 PM Re: You're The First the last My Everything Rico [Re: KeyBTyros]
Mark79100 Offline

Rico....I think you already touched on this, but let me say it in another way.

A friend said to me many years ago...."you have the music inside of you, you just need to buy good equipment to express yourself"........"others can buy good equipment, but they can't buy the ability to play well."

You my friend were blessed with the former...."inner music talent."

Reference: age. I was in love with the piano since I was a kid. But I was making a good living playing the accordion. The next step, 20 years later was, so I could learn to use both hands and present a better appearance, to become an arranger player. Then another 15-20 years was when I finally got started doing what I like best....playing the piano.

Point being....no matter what age, all you need is the dedication and the determination. Nothing to lose.......you can only improve no matter what age you're at.

Because you DO have the ability to be so much better, that is why I take the time to give you my opinions and make suggestions about your playing.

Of course, if you really just want to have fun, there's nothing wrong with that either. I just think you'd have MORE fun by learning, learning, learning. smile

Mark

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online