SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#414598 - 01/14/16 06:56 AM Digitech Vocalist Live FX
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
I've been talking to Chas about this unit and he seems pretty happy with his. All the online demos I have featured singers/guitarists. I'm interested in hearing some keyboard/singer demonstration. I was told the Col has this unit. Maybe Col, you could share some of your recordings?

One thing that intrigues me about this unit is that it receives audio input via a built in mic. No midi. That could simplify my rig a lot. Less cables, especially when using two keyboards.

Any thoughts on this unit would be appreciated!

Thanks!

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#414605 - 01/14/16 08:58 AM Re: Digitech Vocalist Live FX [Re: montunoman]
Saswick Offline

Loc: Garstang, Preston, Lancashire,...
Hi Montunoman

I sold my Voicelive Touch 2 and with the cash I bought two live FX's both for less than half price on eBay (I like a back up). I have been very pleased with the results. You can trigger the harmony's either with the internal mics or with an auxiliary feed, possible the headphone output from the keyboard, either way the harmony tracking seems to function very well. The harmony is only a small part of the unit the vocal effects (lots of them) are very good, reverb, chorus, EQ, de-essing, compression etc.

I haven't done to many recording's since I started using the FX's here are a few examples recorded on my Zoom R16.

https://app.box.com/s/8ruykrqntwokt3oroz2a1fl8v4e53jwg

Regards

Col

#414606 - 01/14/16 09:07 AM Re: Digitech Vocalist Live FX [Re: Saswick]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
[quote=Saswick]Hi Montunoman

I sold my Voicelive Touch 2 and with the cash I bought two live FX's both for less than half price on eBay (I like a back up). I have been very pleased with the results. You can trigger the harmony's either with the internal mics or with an auxiliary feed, possible the headphone output from the keyboard, either way the harmony tracking seems to function very well. The harmony is only a small part of the unit the vocal effects (lots of them) are very good, reverb, chorus, EQ, de-essing, compression etc.

I haven't done to many recording's since I started using the FX's here are a few examples recorded on my Zoom R16.

https://app.box.com/s/8ruykrqntwokt3oroz2a1fl8v4e53jwg

Regards

Col

Thart was going to be my question ,how does it determine the corrct Harmony parts. If using the internal miss I would guess your speakers would have to be within a close distance. Using the headphone out sounds like a good solution but does it work as well as a midi connection ??

Thanks

#414608 - 01/14/16 09:19 AM Re: Digitech Vocalist Live FX [Re: Saswick]
salsaman Offline

Loc: Port Angeles, WA., USA
That is a perfect blend and use of a vocal effects device. It sounds perfect. Very nice edition. Thank you very much for the recordings.

Job very well done.

#414610 - 01/14/16 09:33 AM Re: Digitech Vocalist Live FX [Re: Bill Lewis]
Saswick Offline

Originally Posted By: Bill Lewis
[quote=Saswick]

That was going to be my question ,how does it determine the corrct Harmony parts. If using the internal mics I would guess your speakers would have to be within a close distance. Using the headphone out sounds like a good solution but does it work as well as a midi connection ??

Thanks

Hi Bill

I've used the FX live using both methods and I must admit I was a touch dubious about the internal mics but both methods seem to work very well, if there was a lot of background noise it may well interfere with the internal mics but most of my audiences are quiet and well behaved (Asleep LOL)

I think the tracking works as well as midi but that is just my opinion.

Thanks' for the comment Salsaman smile

Regards

Col

Edited by Saswick (01/14/16 09:34 AM)

#414613 - 01/14/16 09:51 AM Re: Digitech Vocalist Live FX [Re: Saswick]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
I still have my Digitech Workstation EX - the small 'desktop' model - I would run the mic through it and it has a number of settings that do not need midi input, you just set the key that you are singing in ... I was always amazed at how well it followed my voice and provided the correct harmony ...

#414614 - 01/14/16 09:57 AM Re: Digitech Vocalist Live FX [Re: montunoman]
Saswick Offline

Hi Tony

I had the workstation EX when I had the MicroArranger I was always pleased with the results.

Col

#414624 - 01/14/16 01:16 PM Re: Digitech Vocalist Live FX [Re: montunoman]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Sounding great, Col.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#414647 - 01/14/16 11:37 PM Re: Digitech Vocalist Live FX [Re: travlin'easy]
Saswick Offline

Cheers' Gary

All the best

Col

#414655 - 01/15/16 04:01 AM Re: Digitech Vocalist Live FX [Re: montunoman]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Thanks for posting those examples for me Col. It's the best I've heard you sound and your use of VH was very good.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#414661 - 01/15/16 05:44 AM Re: Digitech Vocalist Live FX [Re: montunoman]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Montunoman, you may want to take a look at today's SDOTD on MF. They are featuring a high-end rack mounted Digitech Vocalist with even more features for $279.95. It normally sells for 599.00. Check it out. Sounds like a deal to me.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/stupid?src=3TP5DNB&&noPopup=true&src=3TP5DNB

chas

Edited by cgiles (01/15/16 05:45 AM)

#414674 - 01/15/16 09:07 AM Re: Digitech Vocalist Live FX [Re: cgiles]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: cgiles
Montunoman, you may want to take a look at today's SDOTD on MF. They are featuring a high-end rack mounted Digitech Vocalist with even more features for $279.95. It normally sells for 599.00. Check it out. Sounds like a deal to me.chas

Edited by Dnj (01/15/16 09:10 AM)

#414675 - 01/15/16 09:11 AM Re: Digitech Vocalist Live FX [Re: montunoman]
Saswick Offline

Thanks' Montunoman much appreciated.

Col

#414681 - 01/15/16 10:56 AM Re: Digitech Vocalist Live FX [Re: Saswick]
KORG80 Offline

Thanks to our chintzy Canadian dollar it still sells for close to that here in Ontario.

God Bless,
Don

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online