SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#414508 - 01/11/16 04:33 PM Just for DNJ...
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
DNJ (Donny) is always asking for videos and photos, and has ever recommended a couple video cameras to me that I have purchased from Ebay. However, as good as they were, especially for the little amount of money I paid for them, they never seemed to capture what I needed. That just changed.

After watching a video about sailing the Florida Keys on You Tube, one that was really incredible, I discovered what kind of camera was used - a Go-Pro Hero. It's a tiny camera that shoots high definition video, stills, rapid fire and time lapse photos using an ultra-wide angle lens that is incredibly sharp and crisp. It is completely waterproof to depths of 131 feet, it is a true point and shoot, and has no view finder. When you point an ultra-wide angle lens it just captures everything you wish to see. I was astonished at how much it captured.

It will work in diminished light conditions, but it is primarily an outdoor camera. It has a variety of mounting options, it can be mounted on just about any surface, flat or curved, and everything is recorded and stored on a 32-gigabyte miniature card.

The Hero is the entry level camera and sells for just $129 plus the cost of the storage card, which in a package deal from Amazon was just another $20. It has a built-in mic that is actually pretty good, but cannot be used with the waterproof back on the camera. There is another back with two openings that provides access to the USB connection, and also allows the mic to come into play.

Now, I'm not gonna bombard anyone with videos of my performing - that would be a bit childish. My prime reason for purchasing this camera is to document my voyages up and down the east coast in my sailboat. C'mon April - gonna snow tomorrow night and it's damned cold here right now.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#414511 - 01/11/16 05:33 PM Re: Just for DNJ... [Re: travlin'easy]
KORG80 Offline

Sounds good, Gary. I too am ready to say goodbye to winter.

God Bless,
Don

#414512 - 01/11/16 06:05 PM Re: Just for DNJ... [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Gary good choice the GoPro is one of the most popular video camera on the planet.. Enjoy & Share!!! cool2

GoPRO

Edited by Dnj (01/11/16 06:31 PM)

#414513 - 01/11/16 06:08 PM Re: Just for DNJ... [Re: travlin'easy]
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada
I have gopro 4 silver. It is a great little thing.
If you don't know it is an action camera.And it is the best for that. Doesn't matter what you shoot. It doesn't have zoom. It is pretty easy to use. But if you want to zoom in something you have to get in there near the action.
Oo..yes..you can edit a lot with free software. And make sure you get really good and fast SD card. You need that for recording in HD.

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#414516 - 01/11/16 07:41 PM Re: Just for DNJ... [Re: travlin'easy]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
I also have a GoPro Hero mounted on the dash of my motorhome. I've gotten some great videos on trips. I've also used it on my motorcycle but mostly taking my son riding in front of me. Great little camera. Really high quality videos. Have fun with it.

chas

#414517 - 01/11/16 07:49 PM Re: Just for DNJ... [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I've been learning as much as I can with this thing, and I'm really fascinated by what it can do in such a tiny package. What is really amazing is that this tiny camera can do more than the 50-pound shoulder mounted cameras we used 30 years ago for remote news casts. Absolutely incredible where technology has taken us since then.

All the best,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online