SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#414460 - 01/10/16 03:16 PM Re: Black Gospel Styles & A Choir singing in "Style" [Re: Dnj]
Torch Offline

Originally Posted By: Dnj
AWESOMNESS Yeah!!!! Loved it wow!! clap clap clap

Neat! How do you get the clapping hands? They go well with the music video. I wonder if the clapping was on the strong beats just as they do in Anglo churches or on the weak beats as in black churches. I am just fascinated how music can be expressed in vastly different ways depending on our backgrounds and cultures.

Edited by Torch (01/10/16 03:18 PM)
"You Shall Know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free." John 8:32

#414477 - 01/11/16 07:44 AM Re: Black Gospel Styles & A Choir singing in "Style" [Re: Torch]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
Originally Posted By: Torch

Neat! How do you get the clapping hands? They go well with the music video. I wonder if the clapping was on the strong beats just as they do in Anglo churches or on the weak beats as in black churches. I am just fascinated how music can be expressed in vastly different ways depending on our backgrounds and cultures.

Torch
Maybe this will explain it . https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iURExD2Fpps

Edited by Bill Lewis (01/11/16 07:50 AM)

#414479 - 01/11/16 08:15 AM Re: Black Gospel Styles & A Choir singing in "Style" [Re: Bill Lewis]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By: Bill Lewis

Torch

His explanation is obviously lost on the audience.

chas

#414522 - 01/11/16 10:19 PM Re: Black Gospel Styles & A Choir singing in "Style" [Re: Bill Lewis]
Torch Offline

Thanks for the video. Someone noted, "..and they all proceed to clap on the one and three!!&#65279;" It wasn't just one and three, but it was more like clapping for oompah or march music. LOL! BTW, I am not laughing at the audience, after all they came to the concert to hear a different kind of music from America. However, it is interesting to see how their ingrained rhythmic sense naturally comes out.

Chris

Originally Posted By: Bill Lewis
Originally Posted By: Torch

Torch
"You Shall Know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free." John 8:32

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online