SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#414231 - 01/06/16 09:02 AM Re: Getting to know my new PSR S970...One big issue... [Re: Bill in Dayton]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
And, once you optimize it, just save the information to a setup registration where it can instantly be recalled. Then it's just a matter of locking the information so you cannot mess it up with any subsequent registrations you have created. Nothing more than a couple button pushes to perform after turning on the keyboard. All this takes less than 3 seconds.

Donny, the vocal processor in the S-970 is outstanding and I used it every job with absolutely no problems whatsoever. I stopped packing a mixer with me more than a decade ago and never looked back. And, the only reason DonM has one is because he frequently has guest singers and players show up unexpectedly at Earnest's.

All the best,

Gary cool

Edited by travlin'easy (01/06/16 09:04 AM)

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#414232 - 01/06/16 09:05 AM Re: Getting to know my new PSR S970...One big issue... [Re: DonM]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: DonM
You are a Yammy guy though. The mic processor and VH in the 970 sound good; it just takes some fiddling to optimize it.

Yes Don all good points .......I will try to tackle this issue asap.
if I come across any hurdles I'll call Mr Wizard or my
Louisiana buddy cool2

#414233 - 01/06/16 09:07 AM Re: Getting to know my new PSR S970...One big issue... [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: travlin'easy

Donny, the vocal processor in the S-970 is outstanding and I used it every job with absolutely no problems whatsoever. I stopped packing a mixer with me more than a decade ago and never looked back. And, the only reason DonM has one is because he frequently has guest singers and players show up unexpectedly at Earnest's.

All the best,

Gary cool

Gary you mean S950? confused1 ...can you post all the Voc Mic the settings you use please? and the setup reg procedure to lock them when you change a reg..

Edited by Dnj (01/06/16 09:09 AM)

#414236 - 01/06/16 09:30 AM Re: Getting to know my new PSR S970...One big issue... [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By: Dnj

I never do that "slow down retard or drum roll" Tony I always keep the song strict TEMPO all the way thru especially because its a big Line dance song and when people are dancing you cannot slow down the tempo......additionally you can always multitrack record a smf and play on top with the included retard if you really need it ..
just sayin'.. cool2

Originally Posted By: Bill in Dayton
I too play it straight tempo to the end. Ritards are not a dancers friend, lol...

I am not talking about changing tempos in standard tunes, but are you saying that in line dances such as 'Zorba' and the dreaded 'Chicken Dance' and others, you never slowed down and sped up the tempo ? I just think people are aware of tempo changes in iconic songs like NY,NY and expect it to happen ...
JMHO, but what do I know ...

#414237 - 01/06/16 09:38 AM Re: Getting to know my new PSR S970...One big issue... [Re: Bill in Dayton]
travlin'easy Offline

Here ya go, Donny:

After setting the above parameters, save the information to a registration.

Next, press Function/Utilities, then using the B button scroll down to Parameter Lock. Uncheck everything other than Master EQ and Mic Setting. Now, the only flaw is in Yamaha's OS with this one. When the keyboard is turned off, it will revert to the original, factory mic settings. Therefore, when I first turn on the keyboard the very fist thing I do is Press the Function button, go to Utilities, then scroll to Parameter Lock and uncheck the Mic setting box. Next, I select my mic setting registration, then recheck the mic setting box in parameter lock and I'm good for the rest of the day. It makes no difference if you have some old mic settings on your old registrations that you transferred - they cannot be activated unless you turn off the mic settings in the parameter lock section of utilities. Very quick, easy and efficient.

For vocal harmony, I still use my TC Helicon Harmony M and fire it through the keyboard, therefore using the keyboard's general mic processor in conjunction with the Harmony M.

Gary cool

Edited by travlin'easy (01/06/16 09:39 AM)

#414239 - 01/06/16 09:46 AM Re: Getting to know my new PSR S970...One big issue... [Re: Bill in Dayton]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
You call that quick, easy and efficient? smile You should not have to jump through these hoops every time you power on. I have complained to Yamaha for years about this, and they do not care. It's the ONLY arranger company without a power-on setup save function.

#414241 - 01/06/16 09:51 AM Re: Getting to know my new PSR S970...One big issue... [Re: Bill in Dayton]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Bill, I don't know how to solve your issue with the multi pads placement but have you tried to use the "NY NY" Yamaha style? Variation 4 has the crash cymbals on the back beats which is perfect for the walk up. Let me know if you need a copy of that style.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#414242 - 01/06/16 09:55 AM Re: Getting to know my new PSR S970...One big issue... [Re: Bill in Dayton]
travlin'easy Offline

It takes just a few seconds, Don. I'm old, so I don't have anything better to do with 3 seconds of my life. wink

Slow down,

Gary cool

#414243 - 01/06/16 09:57 AM Re: Getting to know my new PSR S970...One big issue... [Re: DonM]
tony mads usa Offline

On the Pa900, once I have saved my mic settings including the harmony setting I want for a particular style or song it is there every time I access it ... If I haven't saved predetermined settings, it falls to the 'Global' default, which I have determined and set in advance ...

Edited by tony mads usa (01/06/16 09:59 AM)

#414244 - 01/06/16 10:06 AM Re: Getting to know my new PSR S970...One big issue... [Re: travlin'easy]
tony mads usa Offline

Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
It takes just a few seconds, Don. I'm old, so I don't have anything better to do with 3 seconds of my life. wink
Slow down,
Gary cool

Sometimes it's not the amount of time, but just the fact that you have to do it, when the manufacturer could easily change it ...

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online