SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#414210 - 01/05/16 04:52 PM Re: Getting to know my new PSR S970...One big issue... [Re: Dnj]
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
I too play it straight tempo to the end. Ritards are not a dancers friend, lol...

#414211 - 01/05/16 04:55 PM Re: Getting to know my new PSR S970...One big issue... [Re: Dnj]
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
I simply don't know how to do that and MIDI files have seemed to be a gigantic pain in the ass that I can't figure out.

I do have to say that playing over a prerecorded track doesn't feel right to me and my half-hearted efforts to figure it out just leave me frustrated and I just find some other way to work up the tune in question.

Or, I just don't do the tune...

#414213 - 01/05/16 07:11 PM Re: Getting to know my new PSR S970...One big issue... [Re: Bill in Dayton]
Dnj Offline

I understand bill.... there many ways to make music besides styles.. It's not too difficult Good luck

Edited by Dnj (01/05/16 07:12 PM)

#414214 - 01/05/16 09:33 PM Re: Getting to know my new PSR S970...One big issue... [Re: Bill in Dayton]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: Bill in Dayton

The location of the multi-pads. (MP's)

Everyone is different how we trigger various parts of an arranger. As far as the MP's go, there are times when I can fire them with my RH OR my LH. There are other times when due to other things (usually chording or playing a lead) that there's only one hand available to trigger the MP. I'm finding it terribly awkard to trigger it in some cases.

Ex. NY, NY

During the classic chordal "walkup" "It's up to YOU (MP crash) NEW (MP crash) YORK (MP crash) NEW (MP crash) Yooooorrrk....." I (on full kb mode) am playing full chords with my RH and bass octaves with my LH, during which time my middle finger can reach up and fire the cymbal crash very smoothly.

No more and my middle finger on my LH certainly doesn't reach the far right of the kb, lol...

The crashes are an iconic part of the tune and imo, HAVE to be there.

There are other examples and I'm telling myself that over time, I'll figure it out but it's a bit frustrating to be honest.

Has Yamaha ever explained why they moved the MP's from the left side of the board to the right? I'd love to know.

Assign it to a pedal...

I try to use pedals as much as possible, so i can keep my hands on the keys...

Hpwever, this is offcourse a Yamaha keyboard, dont know if its possible on the 970 to assign the triggering of a multipad to a pedal..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#414223 - 01/06/16 08:13 AM Re: Getting to know my new PSR S970...One big issue... [Re: Bill in Dayton]
Dnj Offline

Since we're on the subject here one of the few things that I don't like about the S970 vs the S950....and that is the New charcoal grey "smooth surface" paint job on the S970 difficult to grip vs the rougher surface of the black s950 which made it a bit easy to grip when lifting off/on the stand from the sides..

I also would like it if they had some GOOD preset ocal Mic efx settings to try as I don't like fiddling & experimenting to try and get a good sounding setting and having to worry about those settings changing every time you change registrations..

That's all for now..otherwise the s970 sounds terrific and for the weight, features, sound, styles, it's definitely an excellent giggers arranger KB for now!.. wink

Edited by Dnj (01/06/16 08:17 AM)

#414225 - 01/06/16 08:23 AM Re: Getting to know my new PSR S970...One big issue... [Re: Bill in Dayton]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Maybe you started answering the question asked in the other thread, why would want something else? The Korg does it automatically. You don't have to touch anything but the volume if you don't want to. And turn the lock on and any parameter on the keyboard stays the way you left it. MY SETTING loads automatically with all your setup preferences.
Every time you turn on the S970 you have to take steps to call up your mic setting.

#414227 - 01/06/16 08:31 AM Re: Getting to know my new PSR S970...One big issue... [Re: DonM]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: DonM
Maybe you started answering the question asked in the other thread, why would want something else? The Korg does it automatically. You don't have to touch anything but the volume if you don't want to. And turn the lock on and any parameter on the keyboard stays the way you left it. MY SETTING loads automatically with all your setup preferences.
Every time you turn on the S970 you have to take steps to call up your mic setting.

As it should for twice the price?.......don't think the Pa4x isn't on my radar but with NAMM 2016 coming next week I'll sit back and cruise along for now....the Voc processor on the s970 doesn't concern me I never use it.....I sing thru an outboard Yamaha Mixer that sound great. Good luck with your new KB buddy!!

#414228 - 01/06/16 08:40 AM Re: Getting to know my new PSR S970...One big issue... [Re: Bill in Dayton]
DonM Offline

It must concern you a little because you asked about it! smile

#414229 - 01/06/16 08:47 AM Re: Getting to know my new PSR S970...One big issue... [Re: DonM]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: DonM
It must concern you a little because you asked about it! smile

Honestly Don..I'd much rather use the mic thru the KB which would allow less crap to setup on small gigs and when I get a chance I'm not ruling it out as of yet as I need time to sit down bring the S970 in the house and dig into the EFX and try to come up with the right combination of settings and locks to preserve it too..The Pa4x certainly bring more to the table...dont forget I had a Pa3x also just sayin wink

#414230 - 01/06/16 08:54 AM Re: Getting to know my new PSR S970...One big issue... [Re: Bill in Dayton]
DonM Offline

You are a Yammy guy though. The mic processor and VH in the 970 sound good; it just takes some fiddling to optimize it.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online