SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#414247 - 01/06/16 10:47 AM Re: Korg PA4X initial impressions [Re: tony mads usa]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
HI Don,
Sorry to hear about your wife. Hope everything turns out ok.
Glad to hear the Korg did it's job it's first gig. Keep us informed.

Deane

#414250 - 01/06/16 12:30 PM Re: Korg PA4X initial impressions [Re: DonM]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Thank you Tony. Susan has also had numerous episodes of esophageal spasms, but this was much different.
This pain started slowly and didn't seem to be going away.
Oddly enough after they gave her meds yesterday, she had a couple of the spasms during the night at the hospital. They gave her a nitro pill that helped. She does have medication for the spasms, and hasn't had an episode in many months until last night. We've made many trips to ER before the esophageal spasms were diagnosed. The symptoms are exactly like a heart attack, as you know.
Doctors don't have a clue. All they can do is eliminate things!

#414254 - 01/06/16 12:43 PM Re: Korg PA4X initial impressions [Re: DonM]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By: DonM

Oddly enough after they gave her meds yesterday, she had a couple of the spasms during the night at the hospital. They gave her a nitro pill that helped. She does have medication for the spasms, and hasn't had an episode in many months until last night.

One time that I was in the hospital, the Dr. told me that the nitro pill works the same for both the heart and esophageal spasms, so while it eases the symptoms, they can't be sure of the causes until further tests are done ...
Hopefully they will find the cause and the cure very quickly ...

#414275 - 01/06/16 07:12 PM Re: Korg PA4X initial impressions [Re: DonM]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
Thank you Tony. Susan has also had numerous episodes of esophageal spasms, but this was much different.
This pain started slowly and didn't seem to be going away.
Oddly enough after they gave her meds yesterday, she had a couple of the spasms during the night at the hospital. They gave her a nitro pill that helped. She does have medication for the spasms, and hasn't had an episode in many months until last night. We've made many trips to ER before the esophageal spasms were diagnosed. The symptoms are exactly like a heart attack, as you know.

Hope things go better for your wife and family.

smile

#414284 - 01/07/16 06:03 AM Re: Korg PA4X initial impressions [Re: DonM]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Don,

Best wishes for a speedy recovery and good health to Susan.

#414320 - 01/07/16 10:05 PM Re: Korg PA4X initial impressions [Re: DonM]
DonM Offline

Thanks guys! She is feeling much better, and insisted on going to work today. Still has to schedule the stress test.

#414321 - 01/07/16 10:08 PM Re: Korg PA4X initial impressions [Re: DonM]
DonM Offline

I posted this on Guitpic's thread, but it really should have been here...so:

It's like Korg took the PA3X, addressed everything I needed, and put it all the 4X!
My favorite new features:
1. Great new guitar sounds. Also lots of other new sounds, Saxes, Violins and more. Fantastic Piano.
2. Able to save Chord Sequencer to Songbook.
3. Big new adjustable tilt screen!
4. Ability to audition or play styles from USB, needed long ago.
5. New sound engine--everything sounds better, even styles from the 3x sound better.
6. It feels even lighter in weight than the 3x. Not sure, but it feels like it.
7. A number of key or touch strokes eliminated...such as highlighting a SB entry automatically loads it, no need to hit a Select button. (This did create a small problem. Where the Select box was, there is now an Add To List box. I have hit it several times out of habit, and it automatically adds my SB entry to a Set List. No big deal, I can easily delete them if I want. I have quickly learned not to touch that box unless I want to save it though!)
8. It remembers several settings on startup that the 3x did not...Autofill, Syncho Start, STS mode all come to mind.
9. It automatically saves a number of parameters once you select them, no need to do extra Save procedures.
10. I really like the new Performance setup, now called Set List. I've just scratched the surface of its capabilities.
11. Ability to copy and paste styles to whatever locations you want. 3x didn't have this; PA900 did.
12. A good number of new styles, including a lot I can actually use. Of course they took out some of my old favorites, but I've already loaded them back.
These are just the things that come to mind quickly. I've had several comments from regulars about how good it sounds, and I didn't tell them I'd made a change.

#414339 - 01/08/16 12:11 PM Re: Korg PA4X initial impressions [Re: DonM]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Don ... very happy for you, man... CAN'T WAIT to hear some of your work with new sounds and styles ... singer keys rocker

#414419 - 01/09/16 09:53 PM Re: Korg PA4X initial impressions [Re: DonM]
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
12. A good number of new styles, including a lot I can actually use.

Hi Don…….good for you. You took the plunge and it worked out for you.

I listened to a couple of demo’s of the Youtube PA4x styles and I was very impressed. I thought they were really professional sounding and very creative and more suitable for a professional player.

Do you think the same…….that they sound more realistic…….and that Korg maybe took a lot more time creating these PA4x styles than they did the PA3x?

#414468 - 01/11/16 12:28 AM Re: Korg PA4X initial impressions [Re: Mark79100]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
Does the PA 4X come with a hard drive as does the Tyros?

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online