SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#414207 - 01/05/16 03:55 PM Re: Korg PA4X initial impressions [Re: Steve A]
musicforyourday Offline

Loc: So California, USA
George does not have a PA4X

#414212 - 01/05/16 07:00 PM Re: Korg PA4X initial impressions [Re: musicforyourday]
Steve A Offline

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
Originally Posted By: musicforyourday
George does not have a PA4X

I know....

#414215 - 01/05/16 10:20 PM Re: Korg PA4X initial impressions [Re: DonM]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Made it almost through the first night. PA4X did great. Got a call that my wife, Susan, went to ER with pains in her chest and arm, so I had to cut it short and go to hospital.
Test say she didn't have a heart attack. They suspect a blood clot. Just did a CT scan. She as admitted since they didn't have results yet. Scheduled for stress test in the morning. She is feeling pretty good right now.
I had to come home to help take care of grandson. Pretty tired, but happy about the Korg.
Listening to recordings as I write this, and they sound pretty good to me through headphones.
Shipping the 3X tomorrow, right after I save a couple of styles they left off this one.
Howard has been very patient!

#414216 - 01/05/16 11:10 PM Re: Korg PA4X initial impressions [Re: DonM]
Dnj Offline

Don I hope Susan gets well soon and it's not too serious.. Keep us posted..

#414218 - 01/06/16 03:22 AM Re: Korg PA4X initial impressions [Re: musicforyourday]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: musicforyourday
korg claims 10 times more power for much better sounds after all that is the bottom line

midi file player with lyric and chord read out is a big one for me .

but styles also becoming important too me as well this time of the year I try to make songs and build inventory of all the songs requested to keep tips coming if you know what I mean .

Its not 10 times more power... Its 10 times the sample size... But power is probably the same as pa3x...

Tough for a sample based instrument, having big samples really makes a difference... Also having more dynamic sample layers and different articulations really adds to the sampled sound..

But when it comes to power, its relatively weak espescially when compared to Korgs pro product Kronos.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#414224 - 01/06/16 08:14 AM Re: Korg PA4X initial impressions [Re: DonM]
musicforyourday Offline

Loc: So California, USA
OK thank for letting me now

it how it sounds too me all the other talk is just that talk..

#414234 - 01/06/16 09:20 AM Re: Korg PA4X initial impressions [Re: DonM]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By: DonM
Got a call that my wife, Susan, went to ER with pains in her chest and arm, so I had to cut it short and go to hospital.
Test say she didn't have a heart attack. They suspect a blood clot. Just did a CT scan. She as admitted since they didn't have results yet. Scheduled for stress test in the morning. She is feeling pretty good right now.

Wow, Don, ... that had to be nerve-racking ... You all will be in our prayers ... please keep us updated ...

#414235 - 01/06/16 09:26 AM Re: Korg PA4X initial impressions [Re: DonM]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
CT scan was negative, no clot. She is being released and will schedule the stress test with her own doctor.
They don't know why she was having the pain in her arm, shoulder and chest.
Thank you for your concern and prayers!

#414238 - 01/06/16 09:44 AM Re: Korg PA4X initial impressions [Re: DonM]
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Don, these symptoms can also be caused by a bulging or herniated disk in the high Thoracic spinal area. Usually, the problem is solved with muscle relaxers and pain meds. Hope this is the case with Susan.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#414240 - 01/06/16 09:48 AM Re: Korg PA4X initial impressions [Re: DonM]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By: DonM
CT scan was negative, no clot. She is being released and will schedule the stress test with her own doctor.
They don't know why she was having the pain in her arm, shoulder and chest.
Thank you for your concern and prayers!

Don ... that's GREAT news, and I'm certain a great relief for you, Susan and your family ... Give her my and Lydia's best regards ...

For several years I was suffering with chest pains, up through my neck and jaw and down my arms - classic heart attack symptoms ... I lost count of the number of times I ended up in an ER, fortunately to be told that it wasn't my heart ... During that time I was also going through numerous tests for esophageal problems ... after several different meds did not work, the gastro Dr. prescribed 'Dexilant' ... I have not suffered those symptoms since ...
It might be something to look into ...
God Bless

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online