SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#414263 - 01/06/16 03:04 PM Re: Ever ask yourself should I play in front of people [Re: travlin'easy]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
Bout time you took time to smell the roses before someone is placing them on your casket.

For some folks (like Russ), living life to it's fullest every waking moment IS 'smelling the roses'. When I see all the ol' farts sitting around waiting to die (while watching reruns of 'Happy Days'), I just admire even more those that choose to continue to be productive. So I say, keep it up Russ, as long as it's still fun and fulfilling. Heck, I might even start taking that advice myself........soon.

smile

chas

#414265 - 01/06/16 03:54 PM Re: Ever ask yourself should I play in front of people [Re: Dnj]
124 Offline

If you're able to do it Chas, do it. Don't forget that some of those you see "Sitting around waiting to die" would much rather be doing something were it it not for their poor fortune healthwise.

Up until a few months ago we had a roadie, 85 years young, then osteoarthritis took such a vicious swing at him from out of nowhere that he's now barely able to walk.

Count yourself lucky that you still have the mobility to do things and just do it.

#414266 - 01/06/16 03:54 PM Re: Ever ask yourself should I play in front of people [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Chas, I agree. While we're barely into winter, it already seems as it will never end. Too cold outside to do anything outdoors. I can't ride my bicycle in 21 degree temperatures (today's high), I've already cleaned up most of the leaves, no lawn to mow (too cold for grass to grow), I no longer go hunting, it's too cold to go fishing (skim ice on the lakes, streams and ponds), the sailboat is sitting on dry ground in winter storage. Only exercise I'm getting is lifting weights and riding the stationary, recumbent bike, which ain't enough. Only performing 2 jobs a month, now, but that's because too many body parts are shot to Hell. I liked it more when I was doing 2 jobs a day and working 5 to 7 days a week. What most folks don't know is that Russ and I did a lot of the same things, and it was balls to the wall for decades. I was a columnist for 25 publications, sold print media advertising, recorded voice overs for local radio stations and even had my own TV show about the outdoors on local, cable TV, and this, was in addition to playing music 3 t 4 nights a week. I thought I was invincible - I wasn't!

Now, if my only form of recreational excitement was from being a performer, I would be in the looney bin by now. Fortunately, I have a myriad of activities that I enjoy, but as I posted above, I really do miss all the wonderful people in my audiences. They are the reason I loved being an entertainer, and I'm sure Russ feels the same.

Now Chas, that offer still holds when this old codger sails south next fall. The bar and pantry will be fully stocked, with luck I'll hook up with a big bluefin tuna on the way south and it'll still be fresh when I get to the Georgia/South Carolina border. Hard to beat fresh grilled tuna while sippin a cool Margaretta. I should know! smile

All the best,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#414267 - 01/06/16 04:14 PM Re: Ever ask yourself should I play in front of people [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Heres a cure all for all you old farts.......

#414268 - 01/06/16 04:19 PM Re: Ever ask yourself should I play in front of people [Re: Dnj]
124 Offline

Damn! And I thought it was Jim Beam!

#414269 - 01/06/16 04:52 PM Re: Ever ask yourself should I play in front of people [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Hell Donny, that's only one ingredient in my Green Coconut Margaretta. wink

124 - Got some Jim Beam Honey on the boat, too - great tasting bourbon.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#414270 - 01/06/16 04:54 PM Re: Ever ask yourself should I play in front of people [Re: Dnj]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
The 'Tequila' clip was really funny smile smile smile.

chas

#414273 - 01/06/16 06:54 PM Re: Ever ask yourself should I play in front of people [Re: Dnj]
Jerry T Offline

Loc: Phila. 'burbs, Pa. USA
Love it Donny ... Have to share the tequila vid on my Facebook page

#414334 - 01/08/16 10:14 AM Re: Ever ask yourself should I play in front of people [Re: Dnj]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Let's all sing "That's What Friends Are For".

Man, I wish more communications on the net was as much fun and as meaningful as this.

GROUP HUG.....GROUP HUG!

Thanks to all who posted,. Wouldn't it be GREAT if we kept up this level of fun and respect permanently?

R.

#414418 - 01/09/16 08:27 PM Re: Ever ask yourself should I play in front of people [Re: travlin'easy]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
Hell Donny, that's only one ingredient in my Green Coconut Margaretta. wink

124 - Got some Jim Beam Honey on the boat, too - great tasting bourbon.

Gary cool

You are right Gary. My wife has been buying Jim Bean Honey recently and it is very good.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online