SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#41398 - 11/01/03 09:57 AM Transmission error with SongManager
fmlk4u Offline

Loc: Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Had too many problems with the PC, so I did a format and re-install. Now I have trouble with the Technics SongManager program that came with the KN7000. I like to backup my SD card in the KN7000 via the USB link to my PC. This is what I do:
I start Song Manager, select SD Manage, select a directory and name for the backup (sdb) file and press after acknowledging in dialog SD CARD Selection: The SD CARD in the KN7000. And then Yes, although it might take some time. Then I get Transmission error!!!!!!!! I know that had these problems before, but got it working. Now I forgot how I got it working. Who can help me out???? Thanks for your help!

Regards, Fred

#41399 - 11/01/03 06:35 PM Re: Transmission error with SongManager
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Fred,
unfortunately I don't do mine via USB. I use an sd card reader which makes the process so much faster.

It's been such a long time since I did mine too, that I can't remember what I did either,

From memory, did we have to install a USB driver on the kn7 disk?, and if so , have you done that.

best wishes
Rikki

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#41400 - 11/02/03 06:29 AM Re: Transmission error with SongManager
fmlk4u Offline

Loc: Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Hi Rikki,

Thanks for your feedback. Yes, in the past, when it worked, it took a very long time. What card reader do you have. The original Panasonic reader is much too expensive. I think of buying an Apacer 6 in 1 card reader to build into my PC (3.5" slot) Do you have experience with putting Audio on an SD Card via this card reader, which can then be played on the KN7000?

Regards, Fred

------------------
Kind Regards, Fred

#41401 - 11/02/03 08:00 AM Re: Transmission error with SongManager
technicsplayer Offline

you need the Panasonic reader with the correct software for audio, others readers should be ok for technics and midi format.

#41402 - 11/02/03 11:41 AM Re: Transmission error with SongManager
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Fred,
unfortunately if you plan to use audio you need the Panasonic one ( as Alec says in his email)
I've actually ended up with a couple of them. One for each of my 2 computers.
I've got the Panasonic SD Audio Writing Kit (SD card Reader/Writer & software for Audio).
I've also got a really cheap usb sd card reader/writer ( cost about $15 to $20 USD on ebay) on the other computer. The cheap one works perfectly well for just doing back ups of normal kn files . My cheapie only does sd/multi media cards and definetly does NOT do audio files.

best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Originally posted by fmlk4u:
Hi Rikki,

What card reader do you have. The original Panasonic reader is much too expensive. I think of buying an Apacer 6 in 1 card reader to build into my PC (3.5" slot) Do you have experience with putting Audio on an SD Card via this card reader, which can then be played on the KN7000?

Regards, Fred

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online