Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#413759 - 12/28/15 06:42 PM Re: Auld Lang Syne [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By: Dnj
Originally Posted By: montunoman
I consider it a "must play " at midnight too. But you know times are changing.,,
Do you play it as an instrumental or do you sing it, Donny?

Some things NEVER Change.... wink
most times I sing it 1st time around then instrumental 2nd while everyone is hugging and kissing to the end....cool2
Then go right into "Celebration"!!

I'm with you, Donny ... IS it even LEGAL in the US to play NYE and NOT play 'AULD LANG SYNE' ?!? ... wink

'back in the day', with the band we would play it ala Guy Lombardo - our sax player would even add that 'tremelo' - and then change it to a 'Two Step' and from there go into "When the Saints Go Marching In", "When You're Smilin", etc.
As time passed we changed it up and went from 'Auld Lang Syne' to "Celebration" and a bunch of other 'disco' tunes ... As Bill said, NYE usually went until 2, 3 and sometimes 4 in the morning ...

Now, like some of you, it's a mid-day gig ... this year I am doing a double with the female vocalist in the same building, but on different floors ... It's all backing tracks - OK, karaoke mad - so we will set up one speaker in one room and another speaker in the other room ... we are going to set up the laptop, monitor, and mixer on one of those wheeled 'carts' they use so we can just unplug, get to the next floor and plug in ... should be interesting ...

Edited by tony mads usa (12/28/15 06:58 PM)

#413766 - 12/28/15 08:39 PM Re: Auld Lang Syne [Re: montunoman]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Pictures, Tony.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#413768 - 12/28/15 08:42 PM Re: Auld Lang Syne [Re: montunoman]
Dnj Offline

Tony good luck sounds like a fun gig Happy new year...!

#413773 - 12/28/15 11:26 PM Re: Auld Lang Syne [Re: montunoman]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I'll sing a verse, play a verse and sing a verse, then go into something upbeat, Saints, or Midnight Hour. Hoping to run them off after that, but there will be a number who want to stay really late. After about 12:30 I'll put on MP3s and eat my dinner!
Don Patterson and his wife are coming up from Lufkin, TX to spend the evening, so will have some familiar faces at least. Usually on New Year's Eve the regulars stay home and the amateurs are out in force!

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online